Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218297 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »
Are we looking at hawthorn fringe playerS?

I assume not

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »

I assume not

After being unfairly overlooked yesterday, I would make contact with Ceglar's management and promise him a home where his talent will be appreciated.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #617 on: September 28, 2014, 03:55:24 PM »

I assume not

nope, coz wait for it , they're fringe players , refer how savage went this  year, he was a fringe player at st Kilda  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #618 on: September 28, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »

I assume not

After being unfairly overlooked yesterday, I would make contact with Ceglar's management and promise him a home where his talent will be appreciated.

Sooooo, where would that be??? :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #619 on: September 28, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
Still better than Hampson....... :banghead

I'd be better than Hampson, actually so would you  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #620 on: September 28, 2014, 05:05:36 PM »

I assume not

nope, coz wait for it , they're fringe players , refer how savage went this  year, he was a fringe player at st Kilda  ::)

They were a bees dick from winning the VFL flag, and would of if cryil could GAF-  Grimley, Sam  looks decent. I reckon Sicily, James  looks a player. Are you saying we should not be interested in Wanganeen/Celger/Hallahan/Hartung types?

Is it not a good concept to be looking for people at clubs like hawthorn/sydney/geelong that dont get a game? or has the savage trade frightened us too much?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:52:54 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #621 on: September 28, 2014, 05:29:35 PM »

I assume not

I would love to say Richmond but I have no faith in the selection policy and process in place so probably not us.   :'(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #622 on: September 28, 2014, 06:13:24 PM »

I assume not

I would love to say Richmond but I have no faith in the selection policy and process in place so probably not us.   :'(

:yep

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

the claw

« Reply #623 on: September 28, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »

I assume not

was he. here i was thinking after a slow start he copped his share of injuries then played some opretty decent footy  then missed the last two games with injury. injuries aside he played 14 games that  hardly made  him a fringe player. he was emergency for the g/f last yr and played in all three of hawthorns finals in 2012. reckon that made him at least a top 25 player at hawthorn.
whilst hes not my cup of tea because of deficiencies and consistency problems i can see why stkilda were happy to get himas the steak knives in the mcevoy trade. reckon hes had just as good a yr as many of our players this yr.

players at hawthorn i like on the outer.
shoenmakers, hallahan, and litherland.
shoenmakers who is  much maligned i thought he just started find his feet and play some decent footy in 2012, had a good start to 2013 and did his knee early on. reckon he was just starting to find his feet again but missed the g/f.

hallahan has found it difficult to break into their midfield ive liked him since junior days and i think he can play. they risk losing him if they cant guarantee him a game.hes already shown he can play and dominate in the vfl hes a clearance machine and needs opportunity.

litherland is a claremont lad and i liked a fair bit of him as a junior. good athleticism pace and good size. at 192 he can play on both smaller and tall players. he got a fair few games this yr and he showed a bit.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #624 on: September 28, 2014, 06:41:43 PM »
Savage > a fair few of our plodders

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: September 28, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
agree Judge but the problem is we are rubbish at developing any talent thats borderline

savage please he was crap and who picked him up. Ooh yes thats right shitkilda the same club who let hawks steal Waverly for $1.

Hampson has stuffed us up in this years draft too because we are stuck with him for another year. That pick would have been nice to use on a Ceglar or a Clarke from Freo.

Will the club take a ruckman in this years draft.  I doubt it.

Judge the thing is hawks have money to burn and their list is so even. Outside of Roughy who could command 800k plus a season. Not many so their good players wont be going anywhere along with a few fringe players also..

how about the club put pressure on these so called recruiters who are useless. Instead of taking the easy option of cherry picking other clubs why dont they find us the next jack, hannebury or breust.

Useless figa's that they are.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #626 on: September 28, 2014, 07:47:20 PM »
We finally got a mention in the media but it's just to say we're out of the running for Mitch Clark. I never realised we were interested  :laugh:.

Mitch Clark's choice is expected to come down to Geelong or Collingwood and be based on lifestyle ahead of money Essendon and Carlton remain only outside chances to secure the forward, with Richmond believed to be out of the running.

Giants forward Kristian Jaksch has gone away for a week's holiday and will decide in that time whether he would prefer to play for St Kilda or the Blues next year.

Carlton is the only club so far linked to Liam Jones.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mitch-clark-set-to-choose-between-geelong-and-collingwood-as-his-new-home-20140928-10n8fq.html#ixzz3EbNy2huw

The AFL website understands Hawthorn has emerged as the frontrunner to secure James Frawley's services when the free agency period opens next Friday (October 3).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-28/hawks-may-tempt-frawley

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: September 28, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
I cant believe it and imagine the Hawks with Frawley...another 10 years at the top...

FFS RCF, get the stuff involved....

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #628 on: September 28, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
Dead set delusional

People that rate frawley inferior to Chaplin

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame