Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218224 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #675 on: September 30, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
I would say we need more outside mids as were slow there، mids who breake the lines and run and carry.

Need both.

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #676 on: September 30, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »
well done north for getting Higgins allows us not to go down the same path as Jordan McMahon hahaha heill break done round 1 or nab challenge.

Thank u north u have saved a lot off us supporters heartache

tony_montana

« Reply #677 on: September 30, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
I would say we need more outside mids as were slow there، mids who breake the lines and run and carry.

Need both.

agree completely

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #678 on: September 30, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »

Need both.

I would like one like Yablett or Fyfe

(Inb4 we could have had Fyfe)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: September 30, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »
Gorringe wants out of GC. Should go after him

dwaino

« Reply #680 on: September 30, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »

Need both.

We could have had Fyfe  :banghead

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #681 on: September 30, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »

Need both.

We could have had Fyfe  :banghead
Yeah and we could have had Pavlich, Roughead, Franklin, Ward etc etc etc. What is the point of depressing yourself from past mistakes? The only thing is that I hope we learn from past mistakes so we don't make too many more in the future.  Some players, however, will always surprise a few clubs that don't pick them by developing far more than was apparent from their schoolboy years.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #682 on: September 30, 2014, 06:26:30 PM »

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #683 on: September 30, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »
Mitch Clark has nominated to play at Geelong.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #684 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »
Don't rate him, what's he done since u12s  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #685 on: September 30, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »

Would be a handy pick up but don't you think we have bigger holes to fill first? He would cost us a second rounder at worst.
We will never be a good side with the likes of Batchelor, Houli, Grigg, Petterd, Thomas,  even Gordon and Lloyd in our best 22. I'm not saying get rid of them all but these should be our depth players.
Fill these spots first in our best 22 RFC before we get in depth players. We have a decent ruckman and some back ups. When Maric is done, then maybe go out and buy a ready made ruckman but I don't see the point of spending a second rounder on a bloke that will probably play in the twos more than in the ones for the next couple of years.
IMO get Garlett, Shiel and Frawley in and that's 3 spots filled. Replace Houli with Dea and hope Lennon can improve and our best 22 is a hell of a lot better!!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: September 30, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/greg-swann-says-melbourne-shouldnt-receive-pick-3-as-compensation-for-james-frawley/story-fn69a32t-1227075399185

here here Swanny. Who the stuff do the dees think they are.

either end of first round or stuff it off totally. FA is stuffed up
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #687 on: September 30, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
Tutt is another Dog that has walked out along with Higgins and Jones.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jason-tutt-latest-to-quit-western-bulldogs-in-search-of-new-contract-at-rival-afl-club/story-fndv8weh-1227075622351

------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Wrap Up - Tuesday

- Melbourne's Mitch Clark has nominated Geelong as his preferred destination.

- Bulldogs Shaun Higgins has confirmed he will leave via Free Agency, Likely to North Melbourne.

- Bulldogs Forward Liam Jones has requested a trade to Carlton.

- Gold Coast ruckman Dan Gorringe has informed the club he wants to be traded back home, Nominated Port Adelaide as preferred destination. Adelaide are interested in securing the services of Gorringe according to Trade Radio.

- Neil Balme has confirmed that Geelong's Taylor Hunt may look for opportunities at other clubs next year.

- Several clubs have inquired about Brisbane's Daniel Merrett according to Lions talent and retention manager Peter Schwab.

- Melbourne have confirmed their interest in Giants defender Sam Frost.

- Two Clubs have shown interest in delisted St.Kilda defender James Gwilt.

- Melbourne are reportedly content with trading Pick 22 for Heritier Lumumba.

- Brisbane is the only club interested in Carlton's Mitch Robinson.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

3AW tonight saying Geelong Travis Varcoe has been mentioned as a straight swap for Mitch Clark, however from Melbourne’s point of view, it seems unlikely.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #688 on: September 30, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »

Would be a handy pick up but don't you think we have bigger holes to fill first? He would cost us a second rounder at worst.
We will never be a good side with the likes of Batchelor, Houli, Grigg, Petterd, Thomas,  even Gordon and Lloyd in our best 22. I'm not saying get rid of them all but these should be our depth players.
Fill these spots first in our best 22 RFC before we get in depth players. We have a decent ruckman and some back ups. When Maric is done, then maybe go out and buy a ready made ruckman but I don't see the point of spending a second rounder on a bloke that will probably play in the twos more than in the ones for the next couple of years.
IMO get Garlett, Shiel and Frawley in and that's 3 spots filled. Replace Houli with Dea and hope Lennon can improve and our best 22 is a hell of a lot better!!

We have a number of holes to fill BT and I think that another capable but younger ruckman is one of them.  Maric at his age and with his recent history is suspect with regards to soundness and I don't believe Griffiths or Vickery are capable pure first ruck alternatives.  Back up rucks/around the ground talls, yes, but not senior frontline ruckmen.  And Hampspud is Hampspud, hopefully never to grace the senior side with his presence again.  Which leaves us 1 decent young ruckman short in my perfect structured scenario.  I am a fan of playing 2 ruckmen and would be very happy with Maric/Gorringe/Griffiths in our starting 22 with Vickery as depth.  And I don't think we would need to spend a 2nd round on him - my uneducated guess is 3rd round and I would be prepared to pay that as fair.  And I don't share your love for Garlett, we don't need another troubled, unreliable and inconsistent player.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: September 30, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »
Tutt is another Dog that has walked out along with Higgins and Jones.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jason-tutt-latest-to-quit-western-bulldogs-in-search-of-new-contract-at-rival-afl-club/story-fndv8weh-1227075622351

------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Wrap Up - Tuesday

- Melbourne's Mitch Clark has nominated Geelong as his preferred destination.

- Bulldogs Shaun Higgins has confirmed he will leave via Free Agency, Likely to North Melbourne.

- Bulldogs Forward Liam Jones has requested a trade to Carlton.

- Gold Coast ruckman Dan Gorringe has informed the club he wants to be traded back home, Nominated Port Adelaide as preferred destination. Adelaide are interested in securing the services of Gorringe according to Trade Radio.

- Neil Balme has confirmed that Geelong's Taylor Hunt may look for opportunities at other clubs next year.

- Several clubs have inquired about Brisbane's Daniel Merrett according to Lions talent and retention manager Peter Schwab.

- Melbourne have confirmed their interest in Giants defender Sam Frost.

- Two Clubs have shown interest in delisted St.Kilda defender James Gwilt.

- Melbourne are reportedly content with trading Pick 22 for Heritier Lumumba.

- Brisbane is the only club interested in Carlton's Mitch Robinson.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

3AW tonight saying Geelong Travis Varcoe has been mentioned as a straight swap for Mitch Clark, however from Melbourne’s point of view, it seems unlikely.

What is about all the ruckman wanting to go to Poort, they will have about 10 rucks