Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218293 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #690 on: September 30, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »
What is about all the ruckman wanting to go to Poort, they will have about 10 rucks
Lobbe is their only real ruckman and he's left to carry too much of their ruck workload. Westhoff had to fill in when Lobbe needed a rest during games.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #691 on: September 30, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »

Would be a handy pick up but don't you think we have bigger holes to fill first? He would cost us a second rounder at worst.
We will never be a good side with the likes of Batchelor, Houli, Grigg, Petterd, Thomas,  even Gordon and Lloyd in our best 22. I'm not saying get rid of them all but these should be our depth players.
Fill these spots first in our best 22 RFC before we get in depth players. We have a decent ruckman and some back ups. When Maric is done, then maybe go out and buy a ready made ruckman but I don't see the point of spending a second rounder on a bloke that will probably play in the twos more than in the ones for the next couple of years.
IMO get Garlett, Shiel and Frawley in and that's 3 spots filled. Replace Houli with Dea and hope Lennon can improve and our best 22 is a hell of a lot better!!

We have a number of holes to fill BT and I think that another capable but younger ruckman is one of them.  Maric at his age and with his recent history is suspect with regards to soundness and I don't believe Griffiths or Vickery are capable pure first ruck alternatives.  Back up rucks/around the ground talls, yes, but not senior frontline ruckmen.  And Hampspud is Hampspud, hopefully never to grace the senior side with his presence again.  Which leaves us 1 decent young ruckman short in my perfect structured scenario.  I am a fan of playing 2 ruckmen and would be very happy with Maric/Gorringe/Griffiths in our starting 22 with Vickery as depth.  And I don't think we would need to spend a 2nd round on him - my uneducated guess is 3rd round and I would be prepared to pay that as fair.  And I don't share your love for Garlett, we don't need another troubled, unreliable and inconsistent player.
A 3rd rounder would be perfect but let's wait and see what someone is willing to pay for him. A 3rd rounder is wishfully thinking, if you rate him like it sounds like you do, you will know he is worth more than that.

On Garlett, he had an awful year no doubt, but surely that doesn't undo all his good work previously??
Anyway, we are pathetic in all forms of getting decent players to our club so it's a waste of energy even hoping we can turn that around.

I'm starting to loose all hope that Benny Gale was the man to turn this club around on field. He seems to be as soft as every other pretender before him. No balls! No thinking outside the box. Just safe, easy calls on our players and coaching staff.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #692 on: September 30, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »
Hopefully Gale will finally start to show some balls now he's no longer auditioning for the top gig at the AFL.....not banking on it though....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #693 on: September 30, 2014, 11:11:34 PM »
I am sick of seeing Hawthorn and Geelong get all the best players, year after year, while we sit back and do nothing. Mind you we shoot ourselves in the foot when we put it out there that we are tight with our player payments. The way we handled contract negotiations last year hasn't helped either, the Dusty situation looked bad on both parties, Matty White, can you imagine the outside perception of that by potential players to our club? It is not just Tiger fans who find it unbelievable that he wasn't offered at least 2 years by the club, which he reportedly would have stayed for. We are just not an attractive proposition for good quality professional players at the moment, let alone any of the guns.
One other thing, who would want to come to Richmond and get yelled at by Riewoldt and Chaplin, our so called fwd and defensive leaders who themselves are virtually incapable of second efforts. For leaders their body language is disgusting, yelling and cursing at the players, pointing fingers instead of chasing, who would want to play footy in a team with that?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #694 on: October 01, 2014, 06:22:36 AM »
I'm hearing we're showing interest in reuniting the dynamic duo, we're all over Alex Conti and Taylor Petrenko.  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #695 on: October 01, 2014, 06:57:03 AM »
On Garlett, he had an awful year no doubt, but surely that doesn't undo all his good work previously??

I'd take Garlett for a 3rd rounder or 3rd rounder and a fringe player

I'm starting to loose all hope that Benny Gale was the man to turn this club around on field. He seems to be as soft as every other pretender before him. No balls! No thinking outside the box. Just safe, easy calls on our players and coaching staff.

Sorry if I've misunderstood but Benny has nothing to do with list management, even he will tell you that (nor should he TBH). But agree re the footy department staff side of things, that's something he has does have a say in
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #696 on: October 01, 2014, 07:27:10 AM »
Players from bottom clubs wanting to go to top clubs. Free agency working as intended.

I'm hearing we're showing interest in reuniting the dynamic duo, we're all over Alex Conti and Taylor Petrenko.  :shh

Was actually going to post up last night if you had anymore mail for us this year  :lol

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #697 on: October 01, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »

I'd take Garlett for a 3rd rounder or 3rd rounder and a fringe player

Sorry if I've misunderstood but Benny has nothing to do with list management, even he will tell you that (nor should he TBH). But agree re the footy department staff side of things, that's something he has does have a say in

Agree would take Garlett for a 3rd rounder
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:53:58 AM by WilliamPowell »

dwaino

« Reply #698 on: October 01, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »
Malthouse said exactly what I have been saying about FA compo the whole time. It is unfair to everyone else. Scrap it.

"Why should we at Carlton and any other club pay a penalty because Melbourne have lost Frawley?" Malthouse said.

"Why should I be penalised a spot in the draft because Frawley leaves and goes to Geelong or Hawthorn and Melbourne reaps the penalties of another draft pick?

"Free agency should be free, not come with some other candy stuck to it."

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-30/waite-defection-staggering

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #699 on: October 01, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
Malthouse said exactly what I have been saying about FA compo the whole time. It is unfair to everyone else. Scrap it.

"Why should we at Carlton and any other club pay a penalty because Melbourne have lost Frawley?" Malthouse said.

"Why should I be penalised a spot in the draft because Frawley leaves and goes to Geelong or Hawthorn and Melbourne reaps the penalties of another draft pick?

Old cranky uncle Mick is firing up lately

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #700 on: October 01, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
Welcome to three years ago..

dwaino

« Reply #701 on: October 01, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »

Old cranky uncle Mick is firing up lately

Ran out of Rectinol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #702 on: October 01, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »
Melbourne target defenders - Brisbane's Daniel Merrett and Giant Sam Front.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/dees-target-defenders

Chris Pelchan has confirmed St Kilda has met with former small-forward, Ahmed Saad's management.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #703 on: October 01, 2014, 01:56:49 PM »
Take a risk Richmond.

Throw up all players for trade. I'd trade anyone if we won out of the deal. Apart from our Captain.

Ask Freo what they would give up for Jack Riewoldt. A pair of Stephen Hill, Lachie Neale, Michael Walters and Michael Barlow would be nice.

Ask WA what they would want for Gaff. Conca and what?

Deledio is getting older. Would fit nicely at Hawthorn with an aging midfield. First round pick and one of Luke Breust, Matt Suckling, Gunston would do.

Just get active. The list is mid table. Take a risk, GC and GWS will go past us if we hope on natural development and moneyball type pick ups. Our youth can't compete with them. Sooner or Later their youth will be prime and we will be stuffed.

We need a small forward and better options off half back. We need pace. Wow do we need pace. Look at Port vs Hawks, they smashed them in the last with their pace. We need some desperately or we will fall behind. Get active, aggressive and take a risk.

Hawks traded out their 21 year old superstar in Trent Croad. Was the next 'Dunstall'. Got pick 1 and 30 odd. Turned into Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell if anyone read the article recently. Genius.
Go Tigers!

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #704 on: October 01, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »
Agree, Pontiff - good post.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.