Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218439 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #1140 on: October 15, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »
Rumour has it we will make a last minute trade tomorrow.....just to keep the whingers happy.....for another spud :shh (trademark, Bojangles).

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1141 on: October 15, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »
Western Bulldogs captain and All-Australian midfielder Ryan Griffen will become a GIANT after a trade deal between the clubs today.

The GIANTS will receive Griffen as well as pick six in next month’s NAB AFL Draft in exchange for Tom Boyd.

The deal will be lodged with the AFL and Griffen will become a GIANT for the next four years.

See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-10-15/ryan-griffen-becomes-a-giant#sthash.DadDk2oj.dpuf

I applaud the doggies. They wanted a kid with a big reputation and did what they had to do to get him. Well done to the doggies. :clapping

Yep a very good deal for Footscray
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1142 on: October 15, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »
Heard Jon Ralph on SEN this morning. He and Kb were discussing our list and he mad the comment that clubs had been told Vickery was off limits

Cats get Stanley for pick 21. Will say it again it is staggering to me they didn't offer him up. We could have got a pick between 15 and 20 for him

And we didn't even bother trying... That's the thing that annoys the hell out of me. The fact it appears we haven't tried anything else outside Trengove.

Staggering
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1143 on: October 15, 2014, 06:31:57 PM »
Heard Jon Ralph on SEN this morning. He and Kb were discussing our list and he mad the comment that clubs had been told Vickery was off limits

Cats get Stanley for pick 21. Will say it again it is staggering to me they didn't offer him up. We could have got a pick between 15 and 20 for him

And we didn't even bother trying... That's the thing that annoys the hell out of me. The fact it appears we haven't tried anything else outside Trengove.

Staggering
He'd better deliver in spades next year then.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #1144 on: October 15, 2014, 06:35:56 PM »

Staggering

:clapping

apparently we dodged a bullet WP, everyone bar hawthorn has paid overs for their trades  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1145 on: October 15, 2014, 06:36:26 PM »
high hopes, yeah right

Nah not really

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1146 on: October 15, 2014, 06:46:45 PM »

Staggering
You mean pick 1? stuff me 21 for Stanley?  :lol :lol I thought Geelong were switched on.  :whistle

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1147 on: October 15, 2014, 07:24:06 PM »

Staggering
He'd better deliver in spades next year then.....

#1whippingboy

And the spades better be made of glory, sunshine and diamonds
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1148 on: October 15, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »
How can we just finish 8th and think that our list is ok to be competitive for top four? I understand peoples arguements with there is no point being active just to get spuds. But this year has proven contracts mean sweet f all ,so go  out and chase.
Early in the year they complained no leadership, go and get some one. Goddard was free agency but he'll has he made a difference at essendon with leadership.
Has really got me buggered that we have signed all last year players and not looking like to being any one over tomorrow.

Not preparing is preparing to fail. I hope I can come back here next September and eat my words.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1149 on: October 15, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
You wouldn't want Dan Richardson to be your stockbroker that's for damn sure.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1150 on: October 15, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »
How can we just finish 8th and think that our list is ok to be competitive for top four? I understand peoples arguements with there is no point being active just to get spuds. But this year has proven contracts mean sweet f all ,so go  out and chase.
Early in the year they complained no leadership, go and get some one. Goddard was free agency but he'll has he made a difference at essendon with leadership.
Has really got me buggered that we have signed all last year players and not looking like to being any one over tomorrow.

Not preparing is preparing to fail. I hope I can come back here next September and eat my words.

Rfc

Plop plop plop. Tm

tony_montana

« Reply #1151 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:14 PM »
locked and loaded baby

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1152 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:39 PM »
We have nobody with the required level of leadership.

We have Chris Newman.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1153 on: October 15, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »
Are the Tiges happy just to go to the draft or are they doing a little bit of trade work?

Herald-Sun's Ben Higgins - Missed out on Trengove due to injury. Now to the draft.

http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-trades-ryan-griffen-traded-to-gws-for-tom-boyd/story-e6frfkp9-1227074447591

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1154 on: October 15, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »
Boyd will be on a 7 year deal on approximately 1 mill a season  :o.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest rumour - GWS will trade a combination of pick 4, 6 and 7 for St Kilda's Pick 1.

St Kilda expect McCartin to still be available at pick 4 whereas GWS wants Petracca.

1. GWS - Petracca
2. Melbourne - Wright ..... McCartin too similar to Hogan. Dees want a 200cm forward/ruck type.
3. Melbourne - Brayshaw
4. St Kilda - McCartin

----------------------------------------------------------------

Talk of ...

Bulldogs Liam Jones going to Carlton for pick 46.

Essendon offering Hardingham or Kavanagh up for Cooney.