Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218517 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #1185 on: October 16, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »
Saw this comment on the club Facebook feed.

By: Shano Anthony

"My point in my post is Geelong and North were active (regardless of the players they lost or gained) and have 4 picks before we have our 4th. So our argument to retain our picks to take advantage of a Deep Draft is illogical when other clubs that have finished above us have traded and gain picks ahead of us in this deep draft. makes no sense."

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:15:57 PM by WilliamPowell »
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1186 on: October 16, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
That makes no sense why would we trade in players that were effectively worse than our Delistings, Biggs, jacksh, whiley , hallohan , golly we dipped out there  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1187 on: October 16, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
Thanks WP, sorry didn't realise you had to link to facebook comments.

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1188 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »
The players who may still switch clubs
Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
October 16, 2014

FOR THOSE players who failed to find a new home during the NAB AFL Trade Period, there are still multiple chances left to continue their careers in 2015.

From November 1-12, players who have been cut adrift can be signed by the club of their choice in the first delisted free agent window.

There is a second window from November 14-19 and a third from November 28 to December 1, immediately after the 2014 NAB AFL Draft.

The traditional way for players to find a new home – in the era before free agency – was via the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft, which this year will be held electronically on Wednesday, December 3.

Only those clubs with list space remaining can take part in the pre-season draft, with Jed Lamb the only player selected (by GWS) in last year's PSD.

This year's crop of hopefuls would be expected to find their way to new clubs as delisted free agents if they attract interest.

There are a number of players, however, who may head to the pre-season draft after trade negotiations between clubs proved fruitless.

Tim Membrey
The Sydney Swans forward is guaranteed to make his way to St Kilda, most likely through the PSD, after a trade couldn't be arranged. The Swans' first live selection in the draft is pick No.39, so St Kilda needed to offer a pick higher than that to immediately land Membrey.

Taylor Hunt
Squeezed out at Geelong, a trade couldn't be orchestrated for the run-with midfielder once it was telegraphed that he would be available as a delisted free agent. It is unclear whether he will find another home after 63 matches with the Cats.

Mitch Robinson
Another player who was clearly not going to be at his club in 2015, making him a delisted free agent prospect from early in the trade period. Clubs weren't going to hand over compensation to Carlton once they knew they could secure Robinson for free. That being said, there has been little interest in the midfielder.

Kane Lucas
Labelled a wanted player by Carlton early in the trade period, the out-of-contract midfielder is now without a guaranteed home for 2015. Lucas explored opportunities and was linked to both WA clubs, but they weren't prepared to trade for him. Could find a new home as a delisted free agent if the Blues don't re-contract him.

George Burbury
The Geelong forward attracted little interest in the trade period after briefly being linked to West Coast early in the piece. Managed just seven games with the Cats, suffering a broken jaw during the 2014 NAB Cup and a serious hamstring injury early in the season.

Jason Tutt
The speedster flagged his intention to leave the Western Bulldogs in the lead-up to the trade period but Thursday's 2pm deadline passed without any movement. Carlton is confident it can secure the 23-year-old via the pre-season draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-16/no-direction-home

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1189 on: October 17, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »

"My point in my post is Geelong and North were active (regardless of the players they lost or gained) and have 4 picks before we have our 4th. So our argument to retain our picks to take advantage of a Deep Draft is illogical when other clubs that have finished above us have traded and gain picks ahead of us in this deep draft. makes no sense."

LOL we have to cite ass holes on facebook now like they are stuffing peer reviewed experts LOL
Lots of people name their swords......

Rampstar

« Reply #1190 on: October 17, 2014, 09:35:02 AM »

LOL we have to cite ass holes on facebook now like they are stuffing peer reviewed experts LOL

ok owl
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:53:28 AM by Rampstar »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1191 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
Ramps, im laughing at the citation I couldn't give 2 poos about any of the whiney rubbish, I tuned that out ages ago, im deaf to it, it is incessant, the facebook citation is however hilarious

Rampstar

« Reply #1192 on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:39 AM »
 :cheers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1193 on: October 17, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
If Taylor hunt is a tagger, can't be worse than grigg

tony_montana

« Reply #1194 on: October 17, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
I thought burbery could play - what happened?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1195 on: October 17, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »
I thought burbery could play - what happened?

Conflict of interest on his female trench coat  business. I hear it does alright.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1196 on: October 18, 2014, 01:41:15 AM »
If Taylor hunt is a tagger, can't be worse than grigg

Everyone is better than Shaun Grigg!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1197 on: October 18, 2014, 08:47:17 AM »

That's my Arsebook comment.  >:(

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1198 on: October 18, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »

That's my Arsebook comment.  >:(
LOL im sorry Tigs!

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1199 on: October 18, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »
Good comment though.

Why can't you post that calibre of stuff instead of the dribble you dish up here?

Gerks 27/6/11