Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218558 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #1245 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:49 PM »
From 'Rusty Trombone on BF:

Ok guys here's what I've heard , we are only interested in Hardingham as a rookie but there is strong interest from Freo and West Coast because that's his home town. I'll let you know when I hear more.

So my source directly from the club is telling me that today we are getting closer although yesterday we seemed far away . He really wants to play in WA with both Freo and West coast offering him rookie spots but he'd stay and play for us if we drafted him to the list proper or if we rookie him with the promise of promotion which my source once again " directly from the club" has told me is what we offered Thomas last year so he wouldn't go to Carlton. Hence it didn't matter how well Miles played in the NAB Cup he was never going to be promoted over Thomas.

Hardingham is ours if we want him bad enough.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/blair-hartley-project-2015.1080182/page-16#post-35844778

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1246 on: October 23, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
Why would they get him ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #1247 on: October 23, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »
There are several that have been delisted that I'd take before half a dozen of our current list
only several anna montana.

the claw

« Reply #1248 on: October 23, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
There are several that have been delisted that I'd take before half a dozen of our current list

Yes but they're all signed up so we can't. In "natural improvement", no injuries and picks 12, 33, 52 & 70 we trust.
We can rookie any one of them if nobody drafts them in the ND or PSD.

Would be great but big "if" for Hunt in particular I reckon, Robinson will only be overlooked if clubs can't get past his off-field reputation, Brown - maybe. Tutt's pace would be handy but think Carlton are heavily into him. Would rather use the rookie list mainly for kids or state leaguers like Shane Nelson & Darcy Cameron anyway....though wouldn't be against Blease for his pace, think he might last to the RD - would at the very least be an upgrade on Banfield, though that's not really saying much, still rather take a kid if it was a toss up.
ah darcy cameron reckon he will get taken in nd. hope we are looking with a late  nd pick or early rookie pick.
cameron loerscht was one i was hoping i could produce as a smokie from sth freo. unfortunately the afl did a piece on him.

lovely big ruckman 203/102,  20/10/95  19 yr old ruckman, played 4 ressie games this yr and kicked 57 goals in the colts.. would be a great rookie pick imo.can mark and is a good mover for his size.

tony_montana

« Reply #1249 on: October 23, 2014, 10:02:33 PM »

yes and Gwilt aint one of them

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1250 on: October 23, 2014, 10:21:05 PM »

But compare his record  :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #1251 on: October 23, 2014, 10:42:47 PM »
 :shh

the claw

« Reply #1252 on: October 23, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »

But compare his record  :lol
yes lets  ;)

the claw

« Reply #1253 on: October 23, 2014, 11:19:26 PM »

thats okay by me anna. but weather you want him or not hes a proven better player than many on our list by some margin.

id like to know when exactly did incremental improvement become unfashionable. oh thats right it hardly got started before we reverted back to what we have always done for 30 yrs.

grigg and houli were improvements. some of us argued from the start they were inprovements that would need upgrading in time.
gwilt would be a pretty decent  improvement by some margin on what we have and like grigg and houli he would have cost nothing.
if not gwilt how about cheney or lumumba.any one of these would have been a massive upgrade on what we have.

ah well for some i suppose the backline is fantastic and we dont need to improve it.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1254 on: October 23, 2014, 11:54:06 PM »
Gwilt  :lol

Keep em coming Claw!

the claw

« Reply #1255 on: October 24, 2014, 12:09:45 AM »

Keep em coming Claw!
no probs willy.  ive always been prepared to back in my own judgement regardless of what the crowd says.
i mean to say in recent yrs alone  last two or three ive advocated chappie, goddard, martin,martin, odwyer,  moloney, and now frawley, garlett and gwilt, add hallahan to that list. kyle cheney for us would have been a good fit. i didnt realise he was on the table until after it was done. harry obrien yes please even with the baggage. none of em cost a thing or very little. wanted us to go hard at mcgovern and sinclair at the eagles,hannath was a pick of mine still a work in progress all in recent seasons.
i keep on putting it out there and all i cop on a regular basis is ridicule. well time is and will be the judge.

that was the good in fairness theres two or 3 duds i wanted as well. i wont name em as people around here need little invitation to put the boot in.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1256 on: October 24, 2014, 01:55:30 AM »
I think Gwilt  was an ordinary footballer (I remember calling his turnover against the cats in the gf before it happened) he's now become and ordinary and injury plagued player that the bottom side in the AFL don't want.
I do applaud you making a call though Craw and actually hope you get it right just to stick it up the posters having a crack at you  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1257 on: October 24, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
Have to agree with claw, gwilt is better than anything we've got

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1258 on: October 24, 2014, 06:21:54 AM »
Some golden mail from your good mate again Wayne?  ;D
:d

I don't work with him anymore, but I always get kept up to date with his nostradamus like accuracy.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1259 on: October 24, 2014, 07:29:19 AM »

Keep em coming Claw!
no probs willy.  ive always been prepared to back in my own judgement regardless of what the crowd says.
i mean to say in recent yrs alone  last two or three ive advocated chappie, goddard, martin,martin, odwyer,  moloney, and now frawley, garlett and gwilt, add hallahan to that list. kyle cheney for us would have been a good fit. i didnt realise he was on the table until after it was done. harry obrien yes please even with the baggage. none of em cost a thing or very little. wanted us to go hard at mcgovern and sinclair at the eagles,hannath was a pick of mine still a work in progress all in recent seasons.
i keep on putting it out there and all i cop on a regular basis is ridicule. well time is and will be the judge.

that was the good in fairness theres two or 3 duds i wanted as well. i wont name em as people around here need little invitation to put the boot in.
I can cop Harry O, still a pretty good player and an upgrade on Houli but is a massive flog. I could usually overlook it if he was a good player but he is just a complete knob. It would be hard to barrack for that guy.
Cheney is ok Claw, nothing special, plays tall but isn't himself. Better than Batch yes but only just. Houli is a completely different playerso no point comparing.
But Gwilt is done mate. Forget about his record, he is washed up.  If you are picking guys on record, I'll take Johno Brown, but again his body is done.
Enough about Gwilt mate. You make sense most of the time  :thumbsup but the Gwilt thing is going you no favors.
And for the record I do remember you saying Tom Lee would be a good rookie the year before he was drafted by The Saints.