Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015  (Read 60895 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »
Richmond 1

Whorethorn 337

stuffin turncoats
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

No More

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2015, 04:09:01 PM »
whats peoples best side for us against the blooze in R1?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
whats peoples best side for us against the blooze in R1?

The one that will win.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2015, 01:50:58 PM »
Tigers in Blues' sights after NAB Challenge tune-up

Ben Guthrie 
afl.com.au
March 23, 2015

CARLTON is well placed to end a run of sluggish season starts by defeating Richmond in April 2's season opener at the MCG, coach Mick Malthouse says.

The Blues, who ended their NAB Challenge campaign with a 19-point loss to Geelong at Etihad Stadium on Sunday, have suffered horror starts in their past two seasons.

Having begun 2013 with an 0-3 record, they lost their opening four games in 2014, including a 12-point defeat against the Tigers in round two.

They have not beaten the Tigers in their traditional early-season clash since 2012.

But Malthouse believes the Blues are streets ahead in their preparations this time around, having successfully used their NAB Challenge to put game-time into key players.

"In all honesty, we went in last year knowing there were a fair few players that were going to play who were underdone," Malthouse said after the match against the Cats.

"This year our goal was to play 30-odd players to give us a book of players we can go in against Richmond with knowing that, if some had been injured, we could actually see how the other players performed in those roles.

"That's exactly what we've done. We've been able to put games into guys, who haven't experienced the intensity of AFL football, albeit NAB [Challenge].

"We've increased the workload of players who needed to be increased and we've been able to protect the players who we know, through their professionalism and a number of years in it (the AFL system), they can come up pretty quickly."

Malthouse said the games against the Eagles (31-point loss), Magpies (seven-point win) and the Cats provided his side with an ideal build-up in what promises to be a tight tussle against Richmond early next month.

The make-up of the Blues' tall backline is yet to be fully decided, but Malthouse indicated youngster Kristian Jaksch could join experienced leaders Michael Jamison and Sam Rowe in defence against the Tigers.

Jaksch, who stands at 196cm, had a tough battle with Mitch Clark, who booted three goals, against the Cats, but has shown real promise since coming over from Greater Western Sydney in the off-season.

"It gives us a good opportunity," Malthouse said. "Do we play him, Rowe and Jamison? My mind really was early in the week, we can play three of them if they play well.

"I don't really see why we couldn't play those three, because Richmond might give us that opportunity.

"And I think Jaksch has the capability on playing on a medium (forward) anyway."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-22/tigers-in-blues-sights-after-nab-challenge-tuneup-

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2015, 01:52:14 PM »
After the siren: Your team's NAB Challenge in a nutshell

Ashley Browne 
afl.com.au
March 23, 2015

As focus shifts to round one, we take a snapshot of your club's NAB Challenge along with a detailed look at the early openers for the first round of the season.

Carlton v Richmond, MCG – Thursday, April 2

There has been a bit of talk out of both clubs this summer. The Tigers have vowed not to repeat the slow start of last season which all but cruelled their hopes, the remarkable surge to the finals notwithstanding. With the Blues it has been some patented Mick Malthouse "why not us?" talk. Malthouse has even suggested he can't foresee any games the Blues will lose this season, and fair play to the Herald Sun, which helpfully pointed out to the Blues coach on the weekend seven or eight games that the Blues will most likely lose.

It has been hard to get a read on Richmond's pre-season form. In their only NAB Challenge game of note given the respective line-ups, the Tigers were beaten by North Melbourne and the issue still seems to be finding a reliable second marking forward to ease the load on Jack Riewoldt.

The Blues were quite good against the Cats on Sunday considering their outs. Liam Jones joins Levi Casboult and Lachlan Henderson in a forward line that should take a few marks and keep opposition backlines honest. The midfield has some talent and Malthouse seems to have undergone some sort of epiphany and encouraged his men to play down the guts.

In any event, these two clubs have been insistent that they keep the right to open the season. They get their wish this year; they owe us a cracker.

NAB Challenge in a nutshell
Carlton: And then along came Jones
Richmond: Measured

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-23/after-the-siren-your-teams-nab-challenge-in-a-nutshell

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »

The make-up of the Blues' tall backline is yet to be fully decided, but Malthouse indicated youngster Kristian Jaksch could join experienced leaders Michael Jamison and Sam Rowe in defence against the Tigers.

Of course they could because Francis Jackson can't draft a decent small forward, Blair Hartley can't trade for one and Damien Hardwick can't coach one.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »
You ladies need to get yourselves ready......
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »
So what do we think if we lose this game??

What will it say about our progression or lack thereof?

Would it show that teams like the Blues, Roos, Bulldogs and Melbourne have in fact passed us if we lose?

Will it be too early to call?

** While it will only be round one we would have to think about the amount of time Mathouse has had the Blues compared to Hardwick with the Tigers. Mich has had a lot of players turned out of the club and they have recruited pretty well. Hardwick should have a game plan that the players we have can deliver, so do we have that??

I am note sure we have built a team yet, we have some very good individuals but there is a gap between them and the next level. Malthouse seems to have the knack of building teams, having players that play to their potential and not beyond that.

I would like to think that we should beat Carlton, but to me there are still many worries with this club and this game against the Blues..Play the players where they belong and we should win otherwise  :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:35:24 PM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
Owe you a cracker ? We are playing St Kilda mark II, if we can't win by at least 7 goals then I might get the microwave out  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2015, 02:25:32 PM »
Owe you a cracker ? We are playing St Kilda mark II, if we can't win by at least 7 goals then I might get the microwave out  :shh

Film it on ur fone so I can popularise the method on my Facebook feed.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »

Would it show that teams like the Blues, Roos, Bulldogs and Melbourne have in fact passed us if we lose?

Roos have always been ahead of us

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2015, 06:43:56 PM »

For?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2015, 06:48:42 PM »

For?

The chicken little invasion!!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2015, 07:33:57 PM »
So what do we think if we lose this game??

I think if we lose we won't get four points