Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015  (Read 57483 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015
« Reply #465 on: April 02, 2015, 11:54:20 PM »
50 point turnaround.
1st game of the year.
We won.
Bank the 4 points.
All the Debbie downers can ease on the downer pills for a week and enjoy their Easter eggs...

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #466 on: April 02, 2015, 11:58:46 PM »
Good win but we played poorly for the most part. I'd argue that half the sides in the comp would've beaten us tonight.
But we won easily and dominated from the mid point of 2nd qtr.

Goods
Macca, hunt, Jack and rance
Excuses
Dusty, Ivvy, Cotch

That isn't a finals side but the real story is why Carlton didn't learn from the Denis Pagan experinent
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #467 on: April 03, 2015, 12:02:40 AM »
Scrappy game.
Nice to beat that filth anytime though.
Take the four points and run.
Plan for Dogs next week.
Kamdyn and Taylor me like.
Pretty much sums it up. :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #468 on: April 03, 2015, 12:05:43 AM »
I agree, played well in patches but overall pretty poor. Good to see the new kids play well and the 2nd tier stand up and have an impact with lids, cotch and martin down.

Also the best jack has looked in years, bloody great seeing him running, jumping and one grabbing them.

Also thought Floss played nigh on his best game. Havent looked at the stats, but his reading of the play was 1st class, intercepted and took some marks wearing the hits like a trooper

No More

« Reply #469 on: April 03, 2015, 12:06:23 AM »
Just saw the first half on replay ... I actually did see the 2nd half or most of it as it was happening. Im actually pretty happy with the night, thought we gifted Carlton about 4 or 5 goals which was disappointing but what pleased me most was that most of our 2nd tier players went up a level when we were In trouble. McIntosh has all the tools to be a 200 game player, did a number on Judd on occasions tonight. Overall I thought it was a good win but we should have won by more. I think we will flog Footscray and start the season 4 & 0 in terms of wins and losses.  :clapping

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2015, 12:31:00 AM »
Yeah boy just what I/we needed

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #471 on: April 03, 2015, 12:35:47 AM »
Any win against Carlton is a good win. Carlton are going to be crap this year, we won't get away with that performance against a better side, but also I don't think we will see another game this year where all 3 of Dusty, Lids and Cotch are ineffective in a game so there is lots of room for improvement. The knockers that say we can't win without those 3, well they might as well not have played tonight, and we got by OK.

I can't help but say but I don't like the midfield set ups at all. Carlton were getting it out of there way too easily and too often. We were slaughtered. It wasn't Maric's fault but if you are going to have all 3 mids standing behind the ruck, then wouldn't you arrange to have the ruck just flick it back behind himself a little. At times Maric was winning the ruck quite easily and sharking it to what seemed a designated area-but no one was running on to it.   

I was not keen on Morris in the forward line but it worked quite well. He could go a long way towards filling the huge hole left by Jakey. He just needs to work out a way to get on the scoreboard and really hurt them.

Lloyd. What an interesting character. He is hard to describe. Lloyd is not that skillful but always adds a positive influence somehow. He just does stuff that ends up in goals and if possible he would prefer if it was him kicking them. He is a bit goal hungry, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Overall, happy with the game. 

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #472 on: April 03, 2015, 01:03:46 AM »
note to daisy dont look at the umpire and throw arms around

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #473 on: April 03, 2015, 01:18:22 AM »
Cotchin is a worry.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: April 03, 2015, 02:55:04 AM »
Professional no thrills win - plenty of upside to come.

Macintosh was the real highlight - played a great game .
Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: April 03, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »
I'm just relived that there was no 5 goal come back from Carlton this year.

Always good to beat the Blues - but our previous two victories were soured by us just limping over the line.

Surely a demolition job on the Blues is just around the corner.
Unleash the tornado

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #477 on: April 03, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »
Carlton will have a number of poundings this year, and when I say poundings, I mean 60 - 100 pt flogging.  Big injury concerns to add to last night's defeat including Daisy and Yarran (hammy I think).

Can't see them beating West Coast next week and Essendon round 3.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #478 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »
Ok so moving onto next week.

We have Lennon, Astbury, knights, lambert, Ellis and Conca to come into our best side imo. (add Vickery and Foley to the list bc we know the coach will play them)

Who goes out?

Lennon for Gordon, Lambert for Newman(wont happen), Astbury for Grimes or Batchelor - Knights for Lloyd when he goes off the boil.

Ellis/Conca? Theres a bit more depth now

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #479 on: April 03, 2015, 12:33:33 PM »
Conca can stuff right off.
List clogger.
Don't renew the contract.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:36:52 AM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.