Author Topic: Conca cops 2 weeks from the MRP [updated]  (Read 6045 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Conca cops 2 weeks from the MRP [updated]
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »
The Tigers' form would have pleased Hardwick but he would have seen red when Reece Conca had one of the brain fades of the season.

After Devon Smith pulled his jumper over his head, Conca chased the young Giant to the interchange gate and threw a forearm to the back of his head.

Conca was reported as Smith gathered his thoughts on the bench.

VIDEO: http://www.snappytv.com/snap/conca_smith_trimmed_fxea5d

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:44:23 PM by one-eyed »

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: What will the MRP think of what Conca did?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:11:20 PM »
That he is a weak as pee lunatic ranga that deserves multiple weeks suspension for being a complete moron would be my initial guess.

The act was disgusting and he should be suspended accordingly. Worse than Vickery's effort IMO.

But will prob get 2-3???

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »
Insufficient force
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 10:06:56 PM »
That he is a weak as pee lunatic ranga that deserves multiple weeks suspension for being a complete moron would be my initial guess.

The act was disgusting and he should be suspended accordingly. Worse than Vickery's effort IMO.

But will prob get 2-3???

couldnt agree more

gutless act from an average footballer

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:21:07 PM »
Stupid play 2 weeks
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:24:59 PM »
I think we are getting a little hysterical about this. It was a nudge to the shoulder. It may have slipped upwards a little bit but I can't see in the video how it actually got him high or above the shoulders. Smith instantaneously grabbed his ear to try and milk a free, he didn't seem to actually connect with his ear.
About whether it was a dog act, I don't think so, Smith whacked him and ran away, turning around doesn't mean you aren't going to get one back.
Where Conca got it wrong was the timing, he needs to learn to take his whack and wait, it's funny how quickly the chance to get them back can present itself, even better if you can make it look legal like crunching your knee into their ribs in a marking contest.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 10:41:57 PM »
2 weeks with an early plea reduced to 1 week  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 11:22:21 PM »
I think we are getting a little hysterical about this. It was a nudge to the shoulder. It may have slipped upwards a little bit but I can't see in the video how it actually got him high or above the shoulders. Smith instantaneously grabbed his ear to try and milk a free, he didn't seem to actually connect with his ear.
About whether it was a dog act, I don't think so, Smith whacked him and ran away, turning around doesn't mean you aren't going to get one back.
Where Conca got it wrong was the timing, he needs to learn to take his whack and wait, it's funny how quickly the chance to get them back can present itself, even better if you can make it look legal like crunching your knee into their ribs in a marking contest.

Yep I didn't like how he retaliated, should have waited and bided his time

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 11:26:35 PM »

Yep I didn't like how he retaliated, should have waited and bided his time

Couldn't agree more but given how Dimma stood by Ty last week and it seemed that at least from Dimma's point of view we as a club were unrepentant despite Ty apologising to Cox, you'll find that Reece will have at least a two week holiday enforced on him.

Gonna miss him next week against the Peptides. :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 02:07:35 AM »
The MRP will probably wimp it again and send the case straight to the Tribunal  ::).

If you went on the points system ....
* Intentional contact (off the ball as well).
* High contact.
* Medium impact (if the Giants medical report is all clear then this could be reduced to 'low' impact)

That's 3-4 weeks; down to 2-3 with an early plea.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 02:41:33 AM »
Dumb, ill=disciplined act from a dumb, ill-disciplined footballer, however his biggest crime is that he has now opened the door for Grigg to return.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 08:39:22 AM »

:clapping well said. Got him high between the shoulder lower neck not the head. He also made contact with the GPS in the jumper...you clearly see the trainer adjust it when he was off the ground. Media will blow this up into something no doubt.   

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »
I don't care if it was a dog act.

Maybe I'm just a dog too.

But I'd rather see a dog act than nothing.

Not like the kid was properly hurt FFS. Untwist all your panties. It was a stuffing nudge.

Gigantor

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »
whatever it was ..it was certainly reckless......At least Ty produced the full symphony with his hit

Rampstar

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 10:59:16 AM »
Not Guilty should have wacked the prick harder IMHO.