Author Topic: 3-0-75 plan in review --- Was it a success?  (Read 12434 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: 3-0-75 plan in review --- Was it a success?
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2015, 12:33:03 AM »
How much do you love the word middling
for as long as we remain a middling side id say it will get used a fair bit. 1 -6 top tier, 7 - 12 middling. 13 -18 bottom tier or do you disagree.
how would you have me describe middling to please you.
I just asked how much do you love it?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2015, 12:41:37 AM »
How much do you love the word middling
for as long as we remain a middling side id say it will get used a fair bit. 1 -6 top tier, 7 - 12 middling. 13 -18 bottom tier or do you disagree.
how would you have me describe middling to please you.
I just asked how much do you love it?
i hate it because it describes the club to a tee.
yr 6 there are no excuses left for em not after all the topping up.   top 4 or cop the crap that will come their way.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2015, 08:35:51 AM »
break it down to the average finish over the 5 yrs of each coach.
frawley average finish 11th,he had 1 top 4 finish, 1 middling finish, three bottom finishes.made finals once winning a final.

wallace  ave finish 12th.  2 middling finishes, 3 bottom finishes. failed to make finals  finishing 9th twice.

hardwick ave finish 11th. 1 bottom finish, 4 middling finishes.  made finals twice failed to win a final.
so on field over a 15 yr period we have hardly changed.
off fieldover the same period especially the last 5 seasons we have have improved significantly. some pretty key areas. frawley and wallace could argue they didnt have the resources but hardwick cant.

The difference between Hardwick and the others is that on field performance is trending up
is that an actual observation from little chucky!!!!!!! my god yes it is  :o well ill be.  shame its incorrect.
 last yr we actually went backwards. or is 12 wins more than 14. im sure you can  and the rest of the sheep can spin it somehow, should be a hoot.
i can see why you  stick to the inane childish  one liners that is the norm for you, after all you cant get things wrong that way  and wont be open to ridicule.

break it down to the average finish over the 5 yrs of each coach.
frawley average finish 11th,he had 1 top 4 finish, 1 middling finish, three bottom finishes.made finals once winning a final.

wallace  ave finish 12th.  2 middling finishes, 3 bottom finishes. failed to make finals  finishing 9th twice.

hardwick ave finish 11th. 1 bottom finish, 4 middling finishes.  made finals twice failed to win a final.
so on field over a 15 yr period we have hardly changed.
off fieldover the same period especially the last 5 seasons we have have improved significantly. some pretty key areas. frawley and wallace could argue they didnt have the resources but hardwick cant.

The difference between Hardwick and the others is that on field performance is trending up
And Hardwick is weighed down by more players that are taller than 200cm!
its bad enough you keep on misconstruing  what was said in aan arttempt to belittle a fellow poster but its really  sad that that is all you can come up with time after time.
cmon lambsy you can do better than that.

Originally you said over a five year period to which my response was that on field performance is trending up.

Yes we went backwards last year but that is over a two year period not the original five year period you originally mentioned.

If you plotted out the five year positions and put a average line in a graph you would see which way the trend line is going and be able to compare it to the other two coaches mentioned.

I am just sticking to your original five year period, if you want to deter from that then you are doing what you accuse others of doing, ie spin and changing the goal posts.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »
Claw. Stop being so serious. The 200cm comment was just a joke. If you look at the posts I have made, this is the first post I have mentioned it. Chucky has thrown it in a few times and it is actually quite funny.
We know what you mean when you made that comment. I come on here to get a laugh some times as I work extremely long hours and I'm mentally drained. Last week alone I worked 90 hours.

Just lighten up mate. I see people dying at work and it's not a great sight. Life is too short to take everything to heart. You are intelligent enough to realise that. I actually look for your posts because you make some excellent points. Just don't take the bait when sometimes it is not even there for you.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

No More

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »
Claw. Stop being so serious. The 200cm comment was just a joke. If you look at the posts I have made, this is the first post I have mentioned it. Chucky has thrown it in a few times and it is actually quite funny.
We know what you mean when you made that comment. I come on here to get a laugh some times as I work extremely long hours and I'm mentally drained. Last week alone I worked 90 hours.

Just lighten up mate. I see people dying at work and it's not a great sight. Life is too short to take everything to heart. You are intelligent enough to realise that. I actually look for your posts because you make some excellent points. Just don't take the bait when sometimes it is not even there for you.

Well said Doc  :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »

Originally you said over a five year period to which my response was that on field performance is trending up.

Yes we went backwards last year but that is over a two year period not the original five year period you originally mentioned.

If you plotted out the five year positions and put a average line in a graph you would see which way the trend line is going and be able to compare it to the other two coaches mentioned.

I am just sticking to your original five year period, if you want to deter from that then you are doing what you accuse others of doing, ie spin and changing the goal posts.

Careful now Chuck, you and your sheep may spin what was said and actually teach him some basics about scatterplots

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 11:44:48 PM »
no

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 12:37:15 AM »
no
It didn't meet its targets but it has set up a framework from which success is achievable.
So I think we are in a much better position now than we would have been without such a plan.

Absolute success - no

Relative success - yes.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2015, 12:41:54 AM »
It was the simpple answer, we need to win a final this year bare minimum.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 02:20:28 AM »
Remember how good we were when Jade was coach - oh wait. :help :banghead
Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »
Apollo 13 was considered a successful failure given what may have eventuated but just like time was ticking for the moon landing space project so is time ticking for this group/ regime in realising success.

Given the lack of platform we had in 2010 financially and list wise we have done well off and on field. The program was ambitious but better to have a plan than not have one at all as with previous admins. Lets hope we can reap the dividends of this in the next few years with a flag otherwise we may head back to the drawing board come about 2018 if we don't plan properly now for the next few years.

No More

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »
no
It didn't meet its targets but it has set up a framework from which success is achievable.
So I think we are in a much better position now than we would have been without such a plan.

Absolute success - no

Relative success - yes.

reminds me of the old medical saying -"Surgery was a success the patient is dead"  ;D

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 02:56:27 PM »
no

Absolute success - no

Relative success - yes.

reminds me of the old medical saying -"Surgery was a success the patient is dead"  ;D
Correction. That is a current saying! :shh

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 07:24:41 PM »
Apollo 13 was considered a successful failure given what may have eventuated but just like time was ticking for the moon landing space project so is time ticking for this group/ regime in realising success.

Interesting and true
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2015, 08:56:19 PM »
Have we played in more finals than Fitzroy yet over the past 32 years?  :-[ :-[ :-[