Author Topic: Jacko has retired  (Read 6525 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Jacko has retired
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2014, 01:15:49 AM »
before or after he slaps her?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2014, 02:18:06 AM »
before or after he slaps her?

Rightly so - spare the rod, spoil the child....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2014, 07:49:46 AM »

tony_montana

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2014, 10:38:54 AM »
another glass half full goes. hooray for small mercies i suppose. but wait what will they do in the off season. well most likely go out and get another glass half full.

we applaud mediocrity especially when it retires, but you know what im not being critical of people we have in the main only ever known mediocrity.

He's ten times the man you'll ever be, and a hundred times the Tiger.

Bloke gave 100% to the club which culminated in a B&F.

You're just an idiot.

Is the 2 weeks up yet before claw retires ?  :whistle

Would think a life member and B&F winner announcing his retirement would not be an opportunity to hijack another thread with a mindless rant .
two days  to go i reckon. b ut who knows we have had the wood on port the last couple of yrs.

Either way, I will stand and applaud a Tiger, that despite his limitations, has put his body on the line for over 150 games and contributed in a meaningful manner to the betterment of the club.

That sir, deserves some respect.
good for you
when commenting on him as a player i refuse to sugar coat it just because hes retired. in fact to change ones opinion just because hes retired would be damn superficial imo.

You just dont get it, do you. It is about acknowledging a contribution towards the club not another critique.

exactly. All of a sudden acknowledging someones effort becomes changing ones opinion.

Gigantor

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2014, 10:56:30 AM »
I can sort of understand claws point ..its a bit like when someone dies and at the funeral they say what a great person he/she was when in fact they maybe had plundered bank accounts or ripped the tax system off etc

tony_montana

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »
I can sort of understand claws point ..its a bit like when someone dies and at the funeral they say what a great person he/she was when in fact they maybe had plundered bank accounts or ripped the tax system off etc

Analogy is a bit off G, not saying he was a great player - he wasn't  - he was very average, just acknowledging his service as a player in the yellow and black.

Gigantor

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »
Agreed Tony

the claw

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »
another glass half full goes. hooray for small mercies i suppose. but wait what will they do in the off season. well most likely go out and get another glass half full.

we applaud mediocrity especially when it retires, but you know what im not being critical of people we have in the main only ever known mediocrity.

He's ten times the man you'll ever be, and a hundred times the Tiger.

Bloke gave 100% to the club which culminated in a B&F.

You're just an idiot.

Is the 2 weeks up yet before claw retires ?  :whistle

Would think a life member and B&F winner announcing his retirement would not be an opportunity to hijack another thread with a mindless rant .
two days  to go i reckon. b ut who knows we have had the wood on port the last couple of yrs.

Either way, I will stand and applaud a Tiger, that despite his limitations, has put his body on the line for over 150 games and contributed in a meaningful manner to the betterment of the club.

That sir, deserves some respect.
good for you
when commenting on him as a player i refuse to sugar coat it just because hes retired. in fact to change ones opinion just because hes retired would be damn superficial imo.

Nobody is saying you have to change your opinion on him, Claw, but there is a time and a place for your mediocrity rants and this is not one of them. Show some class for the retirement of a tiger player.
fair enough. he has clearly been a good servant of the club well respected etc in this im happy to acknowledge him with the rest of you.

it would look very ordinary of me to come on here and applaud him as a player after 10 odd yrs of  criticising his game though.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »

fair enough. he has clearly been a good servant of the club well respected etc in this im happy to acknowledge him with the rest of you.

it would look very ordinary of me to come on here and applaud him as a player after 10 odd yrs of  criticising his game though.

I agree with you and I reckon if you had said this right from the start you wouldn't have got whacked like you did.   :thumbsup

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »
I'm still staggered by the timing of this.

Very strange.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »
The boys will be emotional I reckon.

Lets hope they can channel it and smash port.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »
I'm still staggered by the timing of this.

Very strange.
Worries me a bit.
Hopefully his general health is ok. It's something that someone who was told he had a serious illness would do......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »
just on the circumstances. is it really a surprise at all.

at the end of 2012 he was ready to retire then. wasnt he talked into going around again for 2013. something along those lines anyway. hes had a good 2013 and thats kept him up and about.
but.
now in 2014 injuries and age have really kicked in the body is feeling it even more and hes truly had enough. i reckon this is not something that has just happened but has been happening since 2012.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2014, 04:00:06 PM »

Analogy is a bit off G, not saying he was a great player - he wasn't  - he was very average, just acknowledging his service as a player in the yellow and black.
selling him a bit short TM, very average players generally don't reach the platitudes that notch a B&F in a year, The side wins 15 games . He rose to the challenge to become a respected player and key member of the side. I feel for him that his fitness road blocked him from backing up last years stellar season , a delayed start to the year and was never able to get going. This was really no major shock, although the timing could have been a bit better , I wish him the very best, a fine young fellow
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2014, 04:41:12 PM »

selling him a bit short TM, very average players generally don't reach the platitudes that notch a B&F in a year, The side wins 15 games . He rose to the challenge to become a respected player and key member of the side. I feel for him that his fitness road blocked him from backing up last years stellar season , a delayed start to the year and was never able to get going. This was really no major shock, although the timing could have been a bit better , I wish him the very best, a fine young fellow

Don't want to spoil the thread bj, so I wont say anything except, you know my feelings on last seasons b&f