Author Topic: Jacko has retired  (Read 6517 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Jacko has retired
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2014, 10:00:33 PM »
Made the very best of the talents he was blessed with, and for that I admire him , thanks for your contribution jacko and best wishes  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »
Could be that he was told he would be a late in on Sunday. He then said he couldn't trust his body to get through the whole game and called it quits.
Put the team first!

Correct

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2014, 10:42:25 PM »
another glass half full goes. hooray for small mercies i suppose. but wait what will they do in the off season. well most likely go out and get another glass half full.

we applaud mediocrity especially when it retires, but you know what im not being critical of people we have in the main only ever known mediocrity.

And you call yourself a Richmond person.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2014, 10:59:40 PM »
another glass half full goes. hooray for small mercies i suppose. but wait what will they do in the off season. well most likely go out and get another glass half full.

we applaud mediocrity especially when it retires, but you know what im not being critical of people we have in the main only ever known mediocrity.

No need to be a peckerhead mate.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2014, 11:02:13 PM »

He's ten times the man you'll ever be, and a hundred times the Tiger.

Bloke gave 100% to the club which culminated in a B&F.

You're just an idiot.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2014, 11:39:06 PM »

You're just an idiot.

Is the 2 weeks up yet before claw retires ?  :whistle

Would think a life member and B&F winner announcing his retirement would not be an opportunity to hijack another thread with a mindless rant .

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2014, 11:48:38 PM »
More than deserved a send off game.

Oh well.

Well done Jacko
Caracella and Balmey.

the claw

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2014, 11:49:37 PM »
oh dear if its not dipped in chocolate or sugar coated its not good enough for some it seems.

have never rated him have long wanted him gone and just because hes retired i wont change that opinion.
there are some of us who are pleased to see the back of him as far as aplayer goes.

if you want a positive im happy to go along with good club man most likely a good bloke and someone who gave 100%. but that doesnt make him a good player or his footy career an out standing career.

the claw

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2014, 11:54:40 PM »

You're just an idiot.

Would think a life member and B&F winner announcing his retirement would not be an opportunity to hijack another thread with a mindless rant .
two days  to go i reckon. b ut who knows we have had the wood on port the last couple of yrs.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »

You're just an idiot.

two days  to go i reckon. b ut who knows we have had the wood on port the last couple of yrs.

Either way, I will stand and applaud a Tiger, that despite his limitations, has put his body on the line for over 150 games and contributed in a meaningful manner to the betterment of the club.

That sir, deserves some respect.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »
From the outside, this appears to have come out of the blue given Jacko was named in the squad for this week. Interesting to find out if his body broke down again during training and that triggered the sudden retirement(?).

Anyway, all the best to Jacko in his post-footy career. He was the last of our stack of 2003 draftees (most didn't last long aside from himself and Tucky). So for pick 53, he's done well to survive for 11 years at AFL level, play 156 games to become a RFC life member and win a B&F in 2013. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

the claw

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2014, 12:15:21 AM »

You're just an idiot.

Either way, I will stand and applaud a Tiger, that despite his limitations, has put his body on the line for over 150 games and contributed in a meaningful manner to the betterment of the club.

good for you
when commenting on him as a player i refuse to sugar coat it just because hes retired. in fact to change ones opinion just because hes retired would be damn superficial imo.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2014, 12:17:57 AM »

You're just an idiot.

good for you
when commenting on him as a player i refuse to sugar coat it just because hes retired. in fact to change ones opinion just because hes retired would be damn superficial imo.

Nobody is saying you have to change your opinion on him, Claw, but there is a time and a place for your mediocrity rants and this is not one of them. Show some class for the retirement of a tiger player.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:31:47 AM by Willy »

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2014, 12:22:28 AM »

You're just an idiot.

good for you

You just dont get it, do you. It is about acknowledging a contribution towards the club not another critique.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2014, 12:53:45 AM »
Question to claw.
If your daughter loses in her rowing championships,  do you tell her she was mediocre or do you say well done,  you gave it your best shot and gave everything you got?

Do you see what we are getting at now?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.