Author Topic: Express your sadness here!  (Read 1463 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Express your sadness here!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 09:38:30 PM »
And another thread with people wallowing, get yourselves up and angry.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »

I kicked the cat

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 12:16:21 AM »

been there done that.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 01:40:01 AM »
Not even angry or upset. The start of the year took the care factor out of it for me.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 06:50:43 PM »
Most of us at 6pm Sunday night ...

http://instagram.com/p/k04LOVzJaJ/

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 10:34:10 PM »
Not even angry or upset. The start of the year took the care factor out of it for me.  :lol

Funny you should say that Tigs2011, after the North game I lost all hope and went to games etc to support and nothing more without any caveat of expectation. Sure I was happy we won especially the Essendon ,Adelaide and Sydney games but even then the happiness was somewhat subdued knowing that we had fritted away the first half of the year unnecessarily and losing Tom Hafey's tribute to Melbourne was for me unforgivable.

By 10 minutes into the first quarter me and a few others were talking about the punt and other stuff as the realisation of losing had sunk in and whilst the care factor was not zero life does go on.

Sometimes I just think the RFC are lucky to have us as fans given what we give to them, the impromptu nature of us to en masse travel by any means to the games at home or interstate and then to have this skata dished up.  We are a hardy lot.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 10:44:06 PM »
This one hurt me real bad. I had such prime seats at the glorious AO. All I wanted was a competitive game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 01:37:37 PM »

Funny you should say that Tigs2011, after the North game I lost all hope and went to games etc to support and nothing more without any caveat of expectation. Sure I was happy we won especially the Essendon ,Adelaide and Sydney games but even then the happiness was somewhat subdued knowing that we had fritted away the first half of the year unnecessarily and losing Tom Hafey's tribute to Melbourne was for me unforgivable.

By 10 minutes into the first quarter me and a few others were talking about the punt and other stuff as the realisation of losing had sunk in and whilst the care factor was not zero life does go on.

Sometimes I just think the RFC are lucky to have us as fans given what we give to them, the impromptu nature of us to en masse travel by any means to the games at home or interstate and then to have this skata dished up.  We are a hardy lot.

Great post Don

Feel the same way.

But I am not angry, not overly bitter as my expectation was that somewhere a loss would come and it wouldn't be pretty and sadly that's what we got

I am certainly disappointed but in 2014 there's been a lot of disappointment. Sunday was just another chapter

Got home and my family was rapted to see me, showered me with affection because they had missed me and in the end that's was all that mattered = the really important stuff
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »

Great post Don

Feel the same way.

But I am not angry, not overly bitter as my expectation was that somewhere a loss would come and it wouldn't be pretty and sadly that's what we got

I am certainly disappointed but in 2014 there's been a lot of disappointment. Sunday was just another chapter

Got home and my family was rapted to see me, showered me with affection because they had missed me and in the end that's was all that mattered = the really important stuff

Yep agree not angry or bitter and almost glad in a perverse way that it is finally over and that we can start with a clean slate for 2015 and hopefully remedy the errors of the past season.

For me travelling with my wife and 3 year old and having brekky at Glenelg Beach on Father's Day and seeing all the RFC fans take over was in hindsight one of the great footy spectacles which makes the road trip so satisfying at times. Go Tigers 2015. :thumbsup