Author Topic: Tigers must harden up: Jake King  (Read 205 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers must harden up: Jake King
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:17:45 PM »
Former Tiger Jake King says Richmond must become a more brutal team if it wants to win finals.

The 30-year-old retired midway through the season after he couldn't break into the senior team.

But ironically, the Tigers severely lacked the sort of hostile play that characterised King's career during their elimination final meltdown.

"You get that sickening feeling in the stomach. After competing so well over the past nine games," he said after the match.

"The way that they got around each other and fought back in the second half of the year was amazing.

"No doubt they deserved to make the finals, but today was a massive kick in the guts.... It's an uncomfortable one and I know it will leave a hollow feeling for them, it does for me just watching."

The 107-gamer said his former team-mates lacked finals physicality.

"I haven't seen one Port Adelaide player get sat on their backside," he said at half-time.

"In the finals, you have to try to bruise as many opposition players as you can and the Tigers haven't done that. Dimma would be going off."     

Full article: http://www.sportal.com.au/afl/news/jake-king-says-tigers-must-harden-up/1sm3nhey03xyn1xmup2k7gy1ve

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers must harden up: Jake King
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 10:22:36 PM »
Put him on the rookie list