Author Topic: Sack Francis Hackson and Hartley  (Read 7385 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Sack Francis Hackson and Hartley
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »
Hampson pick 28
Conca pick 6
Grigg, Newman contract extension,
Dea gets dropped after a bad game, game plan first half of 2014,
Chris Knights 3 yrs, Jordy McMahon 3 yrs, Tuck retirement early yet Newy??? Most on here would agree last year Tucky was better value than Newy the last 2 years.

Matt Thomas,
Sam Lonergan,
Just to name a few.

Combination of Dimma getting comfortable and FJ and Hartley getting one right and given our plight in the past the media circus praising it in 2013 yet first half of ths year the derision toward it was selling just as much candy.

Problem is given the fact we were labelled Fitzroy in 2010 the guys did their job got us competitive after that and to successive finals series but first week of finals is really as far as we can aspire to unless we catch Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo in transition in the same year as Collingwood as we have seen this year but that would not be sustained long term.

Time to upgrade the list by being more daring an not conservative the list is competitive but not in finals.Two years in a row proves this.mneed to add class and quality and omit some of those blokes aforementioned to upgrade with blokes from the drsft and proven blokes from September.

Enough of the bargain basement skata. The clock is ticking we miss this boat and stay middle of the road and in a few years we will be to where we were a few years ago, nowhere and looking up at others. Suffice to say most important trade period for the club if it needs to break into the top 4.

Need to not just look at first round, but second and third round and time to look at new recruiters.

Too many errors not enough long term sustainability.

tony_montana

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 03:56:06 PM »
Time to upgrade the list by being more daring

yep

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »
You can't hang a bloke on one decision, are u going to say hawthorn are idiots coz they stuffed up on dayle garlett or collingwood are idiots for Quentin lynch and the big dud from Sydney . It's gotta be a balanced view and these guys have improved our list from a very low base

One decision? Seriously? One?

Err Nope, been more than one and I have even given examples. But the ONE that sums up Hartley's deficiencies is Hampson, it shines like the beacon that could safely bring down an A380 Airbus in heavy fog.

As I said you bring in a player to fill specific need which is fine but at some point you look to upgrade on that need when the one you bought in reaches their peak. Have we done that on some of Blair's Boys. Answer is no, we just give them contract extensions. Which BTW reeks of favouring your original choices

Yep there have been improvements to the list but at some point in time you have to take the next step, rewarding blokes like Grigg, Newman isn't an example of taking the next step IMHO.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »
We will be more daring , fj has proved he could pan for gold in dandenong ck when it comes to the rookie list . Expect to see us load up with juniors this year  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
just having a quick look at this thread.
if people think we dont need to at the very least beef up our recruiting of both mature and juniors they imo are well and truly kidding themselves.

by my reckoning since jackson has been there 05 onwards and hartley 09 onwards there have been over 50 mature recruits to our club and you could almost count on one hand the ones that have been very good picks.

i laugh my head of when people say things like you have to forgive them getting the odd one wrong. that is just plain delusion. the simple fact is they have got the vast majority wrong and hang their hats on getting the odd pick right.

i ask myself why poeople defend such obvious failure in the most important area of any footy club.
we should be finding 3 or 4 very good players each yr at a minimum.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 11:01:29 AM »
if people think we dont need to at the very least beef up our recruiting of both mature and juniors they imo are well and truly kidding themselves.

by my reckoning since jackson has been there 05 onwards and hartley 09 onwards there have been over 50 mature recruits to our club and you could almost count on one hand the ones that have been very good picks.

i laugh my head of when people say things like you have to forgive them getting the odd one wrong. that is just plain delusion. the simple fact is they have got the vast majority wrong and hang their hats on getting the odd pick right.

i ask myself why poeople defend such obvious failure in the most important area of any footy club.
The clawski is back! :clapping :clapping :bow :bow :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Gigantor

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
Claw it doesn't matter who you bring in to fill these roles,for me anyway its about getting the processes right and setting the highest standards that these people need to aim at,and that comes from the club as a whole

Gigantor

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
Excellent..if claw is back I can now put on my hobnailed boots   again  ;D

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »
When is Luke Williams taking over as the head of recruiting?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »

He won't. He will crack the sads when we go left field and save his own career. ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »

thank god for that

100% correct again Claw and Gig

Our whole system is up the poo

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2014, 09:55:22 PM »

nope not back as per say. just looking before i had to out to state titles at rowing and decided people needed all the facts in this thread.
have come home from rowing and had a bit of time so done a few more posts.

im actually quite content to just peruse the threads when i get the chance.but now and then i will post.
ive put a little  bit of time into the nd and looked at mature types this yr  so will probably make some comments on recruiting and list management and that will be about it.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »
Doing his apprenticeship under one of the best in the biz :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Rampstar

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:19 AM »
We are in the bottom 6 clubs in terms of recruiting. That's the unfortunate reality of it.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »
We are in the bottom 6 clubs in terms of recruiting. That's the unfortunate reality of it.
Sometimes I feel the club would be better off reading all the phantom drafts around and making up their mind on those! :banghead