Author Topic: Scotland referendum  (Read 1986 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Scotland referendum
« on: August 16, 2014, 05:58:45 PM »

Tony A is such an arrogant prick that he now thinks he can tell the Scots what to do FFS.

Tony Abbott tells Scotland a yes vote for independence is 'not in world's interest'

Australian prime minister joins Barack Obama in urging Scots not to break up the United Kingdom on 18 September

Press Association

An independent Scotland would not be in the best interests of the international community, Australia’s prime minister has warned.

After a long-running referendum campaign featuring live television debates, leaflet drops and doorstepping, Scots will finally get to answer the question, “Should Scotland be an independent country?” on September 18.

Tony Abbott became the latest international leader to wade into the debate after US president Barack Obama said his administration had a “deep interest” in ensuring the United Kingdom remained united.

Mr Abbott, who spent two years at the University of Oxford, told the Times: “What the Scots do is a matter for the Scots and not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote.

“But as a friend of Britain, as an observer from afar, it’s hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland.

“I think that the people who would like to see the break-up of the United Kingdom are not the friends of justice, not the friends of freedom, and that the countries that would cheer at the prospect of the break-up with the United Kingdom are not the countries whose company one would like to keep.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/16/tony-abbott-tells-scotland-a-yes-vote-for-independence-is-not-in-worlds-interest
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Scotland referendum
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »

Tony A is such an arrogant prick that he now thinks he can tell the Scots what to do FFS.

Tony Abbott tells Scotland a yes vote for independence is 'not in world's interest'

Australian prime minister joins Barack Obama in urging Scots not to break up the United Kingdom on 18 September

Press Association

An independent Scotland would not be in the best interests of the international community, Australia’s prime minister has warned.

After a long-running referendum campaign featuring live television debates, leaflet drops and doorstepping, Scots will finally get to answer the question, “Should Scotland be an independent country?” on September 18.

Tony Abbott became the latest international leader to wade into the debate after US president Barack Obama said his administration had a “deep interest” in ensuring the United Kingdom remained united.

Mr Abbott, who spent two years at the University of Oxford, told the Times: “What the Scots do is a matter for the Scots and not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote.

“But as a friend of Britain, as an observer from afar, it’s hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland.

“I think that the people who would like to see the break-up of the United Kingdom are not the friends of justice, not the friends of freedom, and that the countries that would cheer at the prospect of the break-up with the United Kingdom are not the countries whose company one would like to keep.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/16/tony-abbott-tells-scotland-a-yes-vote-for-independence-is-not-in-worlds-interest

Fair dinkum '65, I don't think you've uttered a more FOS statement!   :o

What part of this:
"What the Scots do is a matter for the Scots and not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote."
 didn't you read or comprehend??

And in the name of all things global CDF what is wrong about these sentiments:

FFS, he's not telling the Scots what to do but he is offering an opinion, just like one of your leftist pinup boys Barack The Slack Obama.

Interested in your thoughts on The Sideshoe Shuffle Grey Man's opinion.

And FWIW, I think he's dead right.  The last thing the modern global western world needs is a splintered Great Britain.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 10:24:40 PM »

Press Association

Fair dinkum '65, I don't think you've uttered a more FOS statement!   :o

What part of this:
"What the Scots do is a matter for the Scots and not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote."
 didn't you read or comprehend??

And in the name of all things global CDF what is wrong about these sentiments:

FFS, he's not telling the Scots what to do but he is offering an opinion, just like one of your leftist pinup boys Barack The Slack Obama.

Interested in your thoughts on The Sideshoe Shuffle Grey Man's opinion.

And FWIW, I think he's dead right.  The last thing the modern global western world needs is a splintered Great Britain.
While the referendum will most likely reject Scottish independence (actually it's more home-rule as the Queen will remain head of state of Scotland), it's the Scots' freedom of choice and democratic right to make the choice of independence or not. It probably helps the pro-independence vote when foreign leaders comment on the referendum.

If Abbott had only said he believed Scotland would be better off remaining part of the union and the Westminster parliament (as Obama did) then that would've been fine as an opinion. However, the bulldust from Abbott about those who are pro-independence being "not the friends of justice, not the friends of freedom" is just plain ridiculous and stupid. He is just showing his English-born allegiance :facepalm. It hasn't done Australia any harm breaking away from Westminster but obviously that point is lost on our dopey PM  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
Scotland has voted to remain part of the United Kingdom - 54% to 46%.

Larger cities like Glasgow & Dundee voted for independence but the vast majority of Scotland's 32 local authority areas voted no.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/scotlands-independence-vote-result-scotland-to-remain-in-uk-after-no-vote-wins-referendum/story-fnh81p7g-1227064149600

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:01 AM »
An unfortunate side effect of increases in life expectancy in the Western world is that there is a majority of the population born in a completely different era of time who hold onto the past rather than embrace the now and create opportunities for the future.

I guess boiled onions never tasted so good.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 10:18:22 AM »
Where were the English nuclear subs gong to go? It'd have to be america

Never was going to get up
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:42:36 AM by Judge Roughneck »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
Bloody rigged just like ours was

Bring back turnbill so we can vote again and get rid of em
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 10:12:11 AM »
conspiracy theories  ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 10:19:26 AM »
al I think most of the ridiculous drivel dished up on here by certain individuals cannot even be classified as conspiracy theories, more like....

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »
Has a conspiracy theory ever turned out to be true ?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »
Has a conspiracy theory ever turned out to be true ?
Ummm Watergate, Tobacco companies deliberately adding chemicals to cigarettes to make them more addictive. there's two to start with

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »
The government is reading everyone phone emails - tick

JFK  / operation north wood - tick

Bush we dont torture / obama we torture some folks /G-bay - tick

Goverment mind control expermentation - mkultra - tick

Goverment posioned grog killing peopleduring prohabition / goverment has mass sterialization program forbthe poor - tick

Gulf of tokin
Mocking bird

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »
70,000 Nationalists Demand Referendum be Re-Held After Vote Rigging Claims
A petition calling for a second referendum is garnering support from 'Yes' voters
By Tabatha Kinder
September 20, 2014 14:16 BS

A petition demanding the Scottish independence referendum be re-held "because it was rigged" has garnered 70,000 signatures in less than 24 hours.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/scottish-independence-70000-nationalists-demand-referendum-be-re-held-after-vote-rigging-claims-1466416

The petition states: "Countless evidences of fraud during the Scottish Referendum have come to light, including two counts of votes being moved in bulk to a 'No' pile, 'Yes' votes clearly being seen in 'No' piles, and strange occurrences with dual fire alarms, and clear-cut fraud in Glasgow.

"We demand a re-vote be taken of said referendum, where each vote shall be counted by two individuals, one of whom should be an international impartial party without a stake in the vote."

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:49:19 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »

..http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/10/01/more-fraud-exposed-in-scottish-election/

Scottish man finds a bag full of “YES” votes in the Scottish Elections that have been trashed. This is just further evidence of election fraud