Author Topic: Yeah or Neah - Matt Dea?  (Read 4540 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yeah or Neah - Matt Dea?
« on: September 21, 2014, 01:55:27 PM »
Yep it's that time of the year for the Yeah or Neah polls  ;D.

First up is Matty Dea who is out of contract.

Matty played 7 AFL games in his fifth year to bring his total games tally to 31. All seven matches came between rounds 10 (vs GWS) to 16 (vs Brisbane). His highest possession game came against the Giants with 17 disposals.

Career stats:

Games   Kicks   Hballs      Disp.   Marks    Tackles   G.B    Clear.     In50   Re50     1%ers
2010:        3        2.3      8.0       10.3     1.7         3.3      0.0
2011:        4        3.8      5.3         9.0     3.0         2.3      0.0
2012:      14        5.6      6.2       11.8     3.8         1.6      0.0      0.1       1.2      0.8        2.4
2013:        3        6.0      4.3       10.3     4.0         1.7      0.0   
2014:        7        6.4      6.3       12.7     3.1         1.4      1.0      0.4       0.7      2.6        2.4

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2005&SeasonID=ALL
http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_profile?pid=2010044

So do we hold onto Dea or trade/delist him?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yeah or Neah - Matt Dea?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 01:56:28 PM »
Very good VFL player, not convinced he will make it but I think it's clear Dimma doesn't rate him so move him on.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »
Yeah.... nah..... trade....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 02:12:40 PM »

Trade him?
And you are the one who constantly thinks everyone overrates our playing list  ::)
He is barely VFL standard and should be delisted.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 02:18:26 PM »

He is barely VFL standard.

That's just flat out wrong. He looks a cut above VFL and regularly shuts down dangerous opponents. He needs a string of games in the seniors before being delisted. I think he can make it.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 02:32:42 PM »

Trade him?
And you are the one who constantly thinks everyone overrates our playing list  ::)

So not rating a player highly and suggesting they be traded is mutually exclusive? Glad that wasn't the school of thought when we traded the likes Graham and Tambling. Try again champ.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »
Neah!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »
Saw him win 3 one on one contests in a row against parker when we played the swans at ettihad and thought this kid needs a chance

the claw

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
have been happy to give him a chance up until now.
hes had 5 yrs and failed to establish himself. he not a tall who could take 5 or 6 yrs to click hes a medium sized defender who really should have delivered by now or at least established himself at afl level.

would delist and move on, one thing i have learnt over the yrs is we hang onto players like matty way too long and limit our ability to find good players.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »
Saw him win 3 one on one contests in a row against parker when we played the swans at ettihad and thought this kid needs a chance
When did we play Sydney at Etihad?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »
Last year and if doesn't become a regular then delist

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »
have been happy to give him a chance up until now.
hes had 5 yrs and failed to establish himself. he not a tall who could take 5 or 6 yrs to click hes a medium sized defender who really should have delivered by now or at least established himself at afl level.

would delist and move on, one thing i have learnt over the yrs is we hang onto players like matty way too long and limit our ability to find good players.

you dont think we should have played dea all year instead of newman?

What chance has he had

FWIW i dont think he will make it but gee so many blokes have hardly had a go

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 05:33:19 PM »

Trade him?

So not rating a player highly and suggesting they be traded is mutually exclusive? Glad that wasn't the school of thought when we traded the likes Graham and Tambling. Try again champ.

Not at all,  is not rating a player and thinking it isn't obvious is mutually exclusive?
 Hardly likely, particularly when the people responsible for trading work in the AFL industry and are paid to know that in the first place.
If he goes, it will be delisted and his best hope is to be rookie listed but like JON will be on a hope and pray.
Willy, 31 games in 5 years - the facts speak for themselves.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
Yeah for me.
Would play him in front of Houli at halfback everyday of the week. Is as hard as a cats head and his kicking and poise with the footy in hand has improved 10 fold.

Remember he was drafted after mainly playing basketball as a junior and was always going to take more time than your normal kid coming out of the TAC.

This may sound stupid but I see a lot of Alex Rance in him. He is a good size and has improved every year and a breakout year next year is in the cards IMO.
Can also play tall or small which is another reason he plays ahead of Houli IMO..
Just play the kid.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »
Dea > houli