Author Topic: Yeah or Neah - Matt Dea?  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yeah or Neah - Matt Dea?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »
Dea >>> Batchelor

But as others have pointed out, Hardwick's pig-headed refusal to give any of the younger players a sustained stint at senior level means we know f-all about their real potential to make it.  How much more productive would this season have been if we had taken the opportunity at 3-10 to play Dea, McDonough, Arnott and Elton for the rest of the season so that we could make a much more informed decision on them at season's end.   :banghead

tony_montana

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »
Saw him win 3 one on one contests in a row against parker when we played the swans at ettihad and thought this kid needs a chance
When did we play Sydney at Etihad?

sry meant the game in Melbourne earlier this season

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »
Yeah for me.
Would play him in front of Houli at halfback everyday of the week. Is as hard as a cats head and his kicking and poise with the footy in hand has improved 10 fold.

Remember he was drafted after mainly playing basketball as a junior and was always going to take more time than your normal kid coming out of the TAC.

This may sound stupid but I see a lot of Alex Rance in him. He is a good size and has improved every year and a breakout year next year is in the cards IMO.
Can also play tall or small which is another reason he plays ahead of Houli IMO..
Just play the kid.

:clapping

Big Tone gets it.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »
In the games he played this year, I feel for the first time he took a step backward (or perhaps the year on year growth of prior years just stalled).  Either way, that concerns me.  I'd let him go now.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »
Did hardwick no give him a massive spray after one game?

One game where he was brilliant for 99% of the game putting his head where angels would not?

And yet never a word on regards to houli/grigg/Chaplin

The problem starts at the top

Too much favouritism

To much faith in poo blokes

Too much invested in the plodders and no eye to the long term

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »
And yet never a word on regards to houli/grigg/Chaplin

How do you know that

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 10:52:23 AM »
In the press conference he blasted dea after a game

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »
Yeah I know that, but the part about not having a dig at the others

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 11:03:37 AM »
Maybe privately

And yet they are still picked week after week after week

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 11:23:53 AM »

Likely deserved it.

Dea is one of the coaches favourites of that I have no doubt.

One of the reasons he's lasted 5 years on the list despite only playing a handful of games.
He's been given more opportunities than most.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 12:24:24 PM »

Likely deserved it.

One of the reasons he's lasted 5 years on the list despite only playing a handful of games.

Coach's favorite ?
Been given more opportunities than most ?

Umm , yeh ok lol. Have a feeling you're watching the wrong player ? Matt Dea wears number 7.
Constantly named in the best few players in the reserves every week. Has more courage in his little finger than half of Dimma's favorites but can't crack it for a game ahead of proven failures , aging over the hill veterans and pea hearts.
Pffft ! What a joke.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »

Likely deserved it.

Coach's favorite ?

Umm , yeh ok lol. Have a feeling you're watching the wrong player ? Matt Dea wears number 7.
Constantly named in the best few players in the reserves every week. Has more courage in his little finger than half of Dimma's favorites but can't crack it for a game ahead of proven failures , aging over the hill veterans and pea hearts.
Pffft ! What a joke.

You neglected to mention the 5 seasons on the list.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2014, 07:34:36 PM »

Likely deserved it.

Coach's favorite ?

Pffft ! What a joke.

Dice, he was given a really good go in 2012 after a strong pre season and didn't set the world on fire.
He's been ordinary since.
I actually agree that there are ordinary players taking his spot in the seniors BUT he hasn't taken his chances since getting games in 2012 like say a Miles.
It's a shifting chairs thing.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »

Likely deserved it.

Coach's favorite ?

Pffft ! What a joke.

Dice, he was given a really good go in 2012 after a strong pre season and didn't set the world on fire.
He's been ordinary since.
I actually agree that there are ordinary players taking his spot in the seniors BUT he hasn't taken his chances since getting games in 2012 like say a Miles.
It's a shifting chairs thing.
So at the start of 2012 in his 3rd season he had played 7 games of AFL footy and probably 50 games of footy in his life as he was a basketballer. He play 14 games that year which in itself is a massive achievement from where he had come from. Realistically how much would you expect from a kid in his position?
Admitably he needs a big year nect year but IMO has a lot of upside.
Fingers crossed for the kid.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 04:54:08 AM »
Hope you're right BT but history says medium sized players have made it or not by the end of their 5th year - even Irish lads have established themselves by then.
You can't blame Dimma - Miles has proven than performances get you games despite the coach.
Good luck to him, seems like a good kid but I'm not holding my breath.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”