Author Topic: Completed Trades - what you think  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Completed Trades - what you think
« on: October 09, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »
That boy is gonna be a star, Hawthorne always making Richmond boys stars :(
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Rampstar

Re: Completed Trades - what you think
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »

once a upon a time we didn't rate Andy Gowers who was a passionate Richmond person and he went to on to play Premiership football at Hawthorn. I think its an indictment on our club that O'Rourke is not a Richmond player today.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 11:33:55 AM »
Can't believe we didn't go for Gartlett. The club is a shambles, was basically free.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
Can't believe we didn't go for Gartlett. The club is a shambles, was basically free.

Free doesn't mean anything if hes crap

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »

he's kicked how many goals? He's a proven goal kicker and would've feasted on the crumbs at Jack's feet

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »

he's kicked how many goals? He's a proven goal kicker and would've feasted on the crumbs at Jack's feet

We have been there and done that argument and basically it was determined without Betts there to take the heat off he is crap

End of conversation

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »

im with you mrakov. Most players at the blues went backwards under Mick and im tipping he is one of those.

Would take him in a heartbeat over winderlich or most hacks we seem to recruit.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »
Have split the commentary from the completed trade thread that will be used for listing completed Trades ONLY

Any comments about said trades post here without potting other posters
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:19 PM »
Not really fussed about this trade period.

Think we have done okay avoiding some of the older players. Don't want Frawley, Waite, Higgins, Greenwood, Varcoe or Garlett, particularly for the cost.
Players like Patfull, Malceski, Beams, Griffin and Gorringe are going to other clubs mainly as lifestyle choices so no chance to get them.

The ones from GWS are the worry for me.
I would have liked any of O'Rourke (20yo, 184, 78), Jaksch (20yo, 196, 90), Whiley (22yo, 188, 87) or Frost (21yo, 194, 93) but the worry is the picks needed.
We could have got O'Rourke for our pick 12 but it's overs for him judging on the Hawks pick 18.
Jaksch and Whiley (and pick 19) are obviously available for Carlton's pick 7 and think we could have got something if we gave a player but again it means giving the pick 12.

Obviously the club thinks that there are better option than O'Rourke at pick 12 in the draft.
We'll see, but I have a bit more of an open mind with Luke Williams involved in the juniors selection.

Edit: moved from other thread. Good idea WP.

tony_montana

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »

once a upon a time we didn't rate Andy Gowers who was a passionate Richmond person and he went to on to play Premiership football at Hawthorn. I think its an indictment on our club that O'Rourke is not a Richmond player today.

I may be wrong but pretty sure Hodgey and Crawf were mad tiger supporters too. They love em down at the hawks

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 02:43:11 PM »
Crawford was definitely a Richmond supporter. Tragedy never played for the club.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »

Think we have done okay avoiding some of the older players. Don't want Frawley, Waite, Higgins, Greenwood, Varcoe or Garlett, particularly for the cost.
Players like Patfull, Malceski, Beams, Griffin and Gorringe are going to other clubs mainly as lifestyle choices so no chance to get them.

I would have liked any of O'Rourke (20yo, 184, 78), Jaksch (20yo, 196, 90), Whiley (22yo, 188, 87) or Frost (21yo, 194, 93) but the worry is the picks needed.
We could have got O'Rourke for our pick 12 but it's overs for him judging on the Hawks pick 18.9
Jaksch and Whiley (and pick 19) are obviously available for Carlton's pick 7 and think we could have got something if we gave a player but again it means giving the pick 12.

Obviously the club thinks that there are better option than O'Rourke at pick 12 in the draft.
We'll see, but I have a bit more of an open mind with Luke Williams involved in the juniors selection.

Nice to see a measured, logical post about this trade period. Makes a nice change from most of the doom and gloom and stupid hyperthetical trade stuff.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 04:23:45 PM »
Hodge was a tiger fan too

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »

We could have got O'Rourke for our pick 12 but it's overs for him judging on the Hawks pick 18.9

Nice to see a measured, logical post about this trade period. Makes a nice change from most of the doom and gloom and stupid hyperthetical trade stuff.

And then the club decides to trade pick 12 for Trengove.    :banghead
Bigger risk than trading pick33 for Hampson.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
no, downgrade pick 12 to 22, if it happens
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI