Author Topic: Tigers firm on recruiting strategy / Richmond to target draft: Dan Richardson  (Read 5116 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Recruitment Zone: Panel show ep:2

Bingle presents: General Manager of football, Dan Richardson, talks to Nathan Brown about what happened with the Jack Trengove trade.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-10-15/recruitment-zone-panel-show-ep2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

* I wouldn't say we've been quiet.
Really?? Credibility shot in the first line. What an idiot.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Congrats to footscray, saints, Brisbane etc. For having productive list building period  :gotigers
What did footscray get we haven't got, oooh wait is tiom Boyd a 2 x coleman medalist oooh my . When you fail to make finals year after year, desperate times call for desperate measures. The RFC are more than happy for Fj to mine a couple of gems from the first uncompromised draft in years  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Congrats to footscray, saints, Brisbane etc. For having productive list building period  :gotigers
What did footscray get we haven't got, oooh wait is tiom Boyd a 2 x coleman medalist oooh my . When you fail to make finals year after year, desperate times call for desperate measures. The RFC are more than happy for Fj to mine a couple of gems from the first uncompromised draft in years  :shh

So how many of these "gems" will be ready to make an impact next year?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Wait and see, vlas, ellis, conca and martin have gone alright. Lennon didn't get the chances coz spots in the RFC senior team don't grow on trees these days, :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond retains first round pick
richmondfc.com.au 
October 16, 2014

Richmond has held onto its first round pick for November’s National Draft, after the AFL’s trade period ended at 2pm today.

The Tigers will have selections 12, 33, 52, 70 and 88 in the Draft.

With pre-determined father-son and academy players removed, the Tigers’ ‘exact’ picks are 11, 30, 46, 62 and 79.

The Club stayed true to its strategy coming into the player movement period, by attempting to improve its list where possible, but maintaining a strong position ahead of the National Draft.

Richmond’s recruiting team will spend the next month finalising its plans for the Draft, which will be held on November 27 on the Gold Coast.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-16/richmond-retains-first-round-pick

the claw

with fjs recordd we can all look fwd to a solid safe pick at 12 probably lacking in at least one key area but a real good citizen, after that it will be list clogger central or mature chumps like like lloyd and gordon at 31 and 47. oh lordy give me strength.

how can a club heal itself if it refuses to cut out the cancers ravaging its carcass. hartley fj richardson possibly hardwick the fitness dept all amateurs. someone somewhere needs to sat hey its not good enough we need to be so much better that direction has to come from the board and they sit back and back in those who are the problem.

ffs didnt dan richardson do the club review. apologies if im wrong. its like the police investigating the police.

Rampstar

with fjs recordd we can all look fwd to a solid safe pick at 12 probably lacking in at least one key area but a real good citizen, after that it will be list clogger central or mature chumps like like lloyd and gordon at 31 and 47. oh lordy give me strength.

how can a club heal itself if it refuses to cut out the cancers ravaging its carcass. hartley fj richardson possibly hardwick the fitness dept all amateurs. someone somewhere needs to sat hey its not good enough we need to be so much better that direction has to come from the board and they sit back and back in those who are the problem.

ffs didnt dan richardson do the club review. apologies if im wrong. its like the police investigating the police.

forget it claw. the apologists and the acceptors of failure are well entrenched in the club and the support base. these people could recruit Donald Duck and theyd come out and say he is a potential champion footballer. Richmond will never be successful ever with the current regime.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Tigers will have selections 12, 33, 52, 70 and 88 in the Draft.

With pre-determined father-son and academy players removed, the Tigers’ ‘exact’ picks are 11, 30, 46, 62 and 79.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-16/richmond-retains-first-round-pick
Just to clarify - the first 4 picks of ours will be 'live' picks whereas pick 88 will be used for Miles' elevation to our senior list.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame

forget it claw. the apologists and the acceptors of failure are well entrenched in the club and the support base. these people could recruit Donald Duck and theyd come out and say he is a potential champion footballer. Richmond will never be successful ever with the current regime.
do you really believe it would make you happier if every one was an old misery guts like yourself? Is that why you just post the same whiney "my dog died" crap over and over and over again, trying to wear everyone down to your own level of misery?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Rampstar

do you really believe it would make you happier if every one was an old misery guts like yourself? Is that why you just post the same whiney "my dog died" crap over and over and over again, trying to wear everyone down to your own level of misery?

who you talking about Alfred - me or claw? coz if your talking about me I don't give a stuff. I just call it how I see it. the apologists are happy with 34 years of failure and excuses. I am not. That's all there is to this debate.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Personally I wanted 3 kids in the ND. 4 is fine too but the last two picks are junk usually after 50. Maybe 62 will be a recycled player. I hope the first 3 arent though.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think Geelongs model of 8 years ago still stands recruit and develop, weve gone another way build from elsewhere like Sydney but Im happy to not take Hampsonesque shortcuts. 

We dodged a bullet this trade period unlike last year where we copped it in the guts. This draf5 should show what FJ is made of, which I suspec5 is jelly, but its still the right way to go.

tony_montana

yeah nothing wrong with going to the draft, just a bit disappointing that we couldn't upgrade some picks. Anyhow, lets see how we go, hopefully we find 2-3 keepers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

who you talking about Alfred - me or claw? coz if your talking about me I don't give a stuff. I just call it how I see it. the apologists are happy with 34 years of failure and excuses. I am not. That's all there is to this debate.

I don't think anyone is happy with the past 34 years but not everyone's such a sook about it