Author Topic: Corey Ellis [merged]  (Read 142291 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 12. Corey Ellis [merged]
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2014, 12:07:53 PM »
I agree Tone, on first inspection do we have a real immediate need for Ellis? Was he selected on that fact that the club thought he was the best available at our pick? Would we have selected Duggan had he not gone? IMO I thought Weller or Lever would have been better choices but I guess the club may be going for added midfield depth.
Yes it would be interesting to know if Duggan had of been available if we would have selected him. I'm hoping someone knows someone that was on the table on draft night  :P
Anyway we got Ellis and I'm pumped again for next year. This year was the first year ever that I lost interest in footy and the Tigers. I could quite easy watch 4,5,6 games of footy a weekend usually but it got to the point where I'd turn over and watch something else or just go to bed.
We need a big year for this club to repay us long suffering supporters. And make no mistake they do owe all of us!  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Minor foot surgery for Corey Ellis (RFC website)
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »
Richmond’s first pick in the 2014 National Draft, Corey Ellis, will have minor surgery on his foot this week.

The procedure is not expected to keep the talented 18-year-old midfielder on the sidelines for long, with the Tigers expecting him to return to training early in the new year.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-12-16/minor-surgery-for-ellis

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Corey Ellis, Richmond’s top pick, may require foot surgery (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2014, 08:48:43 PM »
Very good, get it done but let's not turn it into the Cotch episode.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »
I agree Tone, on first inspection do we have a real immediate need for Ellis? Was he selected on that fact that the club thought he was the best available at our pick? Would we have selected Duggan had he not gone? IMO I thought Weller or Lever would have been better choices but I guess the club may be going for added midfield depth.
Yes it would be interesting to know if Duggan had of been available if we would have selected him. I'm hoping someone knows someone that was on the table on draft night  :P
Anyway we got Ellis and I'm pumped again for next year. This year was the first year ever that I lost interest in footy and the Tigers. I could quite easy watch 4,5,6 games of footy a weekend usually but it got to the point where I'd turn over and watch something else or just go to bed.
We need a big year for this club to repay us long suffering supporters. And make no mistake they do owe all of us!  :gotigers

we must be of similar age BT because i was exactly the same this year. I would even arrive at quarter time and leave before the end thats how bored i have become with the game.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2014, 09:55:19 PM »
Gee I hope that foot surgery is only minor , not exactly what I wanted to hear  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2014, 09:59:39 PM »
Gee I hope that foot surgery is only minor , not exactly what I wanted to hear  ::)

Going by the previous articles it is only minor.

More of a concern is it will wipe a big chunk of preseason and delay his cycle through the training years.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »
Said tonight he goes in this week to have a bone fragment removed and will be back after the standard break in three weeks , sounds like good news to me

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »
A mate of mine was part of the coaching staff this year that coached Corey and he thinks he is a star. That's good enough for me knowing my mate and him not saying that to many before.
I really hope for the club and for all us Tiger supporters that he is right.

Still would have gone Lavede but what would I know. Just think we need more outside run and leg speed. The part that hurts the most is he has gone to Essendon, which I f:;king hate more than..... Frances Jackson.  :shh

Makes me wonder though if we are a massive chance to pick up Shiel next year did we need another 'one paced' inside mid?

Anyway what's done is done.  :gotigers
Tone, not sure if you are inferring that shiel is one paced, in actual fact he is very quick and is versatile enough to play as either an inside or outside mid
From what I have seen of him he isn't overly quick, or doesn't use his pace if he is, and his kicking isn't elite like an A grade outside midfielders needs to be.

Don't get me wrong I'd have him in a heartbeat but think he is better suited as an inside mid doing some in and under work. That's why I would have preferred Leverde.

It's all mute at this stage but if we do get him as I said, I think an outside mid would have been a better pick this draft.
Just my opinion.
i sort of disagree a bit here tone.
i think the need was enormous for another big bodied inside mid. unfortunately for us the need for a super quick highly skilled hard running outside mid was just as great.
we took a big bodied inside mid with our first pick, like you if i was going mids it would have been laverde and blakeley.  both were available at 12 and 33..
why i think the need for a inside mid. look no further than the list. it wasnt until miles came in that we could compete on the inside consitently, lose one of miles or cotch and theres just no one else at a similar inside level. we needed some quality depth in the area  and hopefully we have got it.

in the end i opted for a tall with pick 12 as i think either durdin or lever would have been worthy at our pick. i  like goddard a lot as well.. i also unlike most others think we desperately need quality talls as well as mids.
anyway like you i really liked laverde months  before the draft,in the end as far as mids go it was down to de goey and laverde and i really didnt think either would get to us. de goey would have been great imo.

for me i would have been over the moon if we had somehow managed to take garlett. carlton gave him away. , snare frawley as a f/a  and traded for hallahan who cost very little  prior to the draft. i was very disappointed we didnt have a crack at any of em. then to follow up with at 12 and 33  laverde and blakeley it would have addressed a few issues.

we address sml fwd problem garlett,
we address kpd quality and depth. frawley. no need to take durdin, lever, or even goddard.
we add three mids all ready to go and address inside and outside needs. laverde, hallahan, blakeley.leaving 3 other nd picks to address needs. glad we took mckenzie as the area is another big need. i would have been keen to take kietel or oscar mcdonald as well.

as for ellis im still stumped and unsure.he  could prove very astute but for me he was nowhere near best available at this pick and i think we could have addressed the inside need later with blakeley anyway.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2014, 02:23:20 AM »
I heard from a reliable sauce, that this procedure, whilst perfectly straight forward,
could kill him because he's allergic to anesthetic.

My question is, would we perhaps get a consolation pick that we could
we next year?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2014, 06:46:02 AM »
Just sign up Newman til 2017 as a plan B
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
A mate of mine was part of the coaching staff this year that coached Corey and he thinks he is a star. That's good enough for me knowing my mate and him not saying that to many before.
I really hope for the club and for all us Tiger supporters that he is right.

Still would have gone Lavede but what would I know. Just think we need more outside run and leg speed. The part that hurts the most is he has gone to Essendon, which I f:;king hate more than..... Frances Jackson.  :shh

Makes me wonder though if we are a massive chance to pick up Shiel next year did we need another 'one paced' inside mid?

Anyway what's done is done.  :gotigers
Tone, not sure if you are inferring that shiel is one paced, in actual fact he is very quick and is versatile enough to play as either an inside or outside mid
From what I have seen of him he isn't overly quick, or doesn't use his pace if he is, and his kicking isn't elite like an A grade outside midfielders needs to be.

Don't get me wrong I'd have him in a heartbeat but think he is better suited as an inside mid doing some in and under work. That's why I would have preferred Leverde.

It's all mute at this stage but if we do get him as I said, I think an outside mid would have been a better pick this draft.
Just my opinion.
i sort of disagree a bit here tone.
i think the need was enormous for another big bodied inside mid. unfortunately for us the need for a super quick highly skilled hard running outside mid was just as great.
we took a big bodied inside mid with our first pick, like you if i was going mids it would have been laverde and blakeley.  both were available at 12 and 33..
why i think the need for a inside mid. look no further than the list. it wasnt until miles came in that we could compete on the inside consitently, lose one of miles or cotch and theres just no one else at a similar inside level. we needed some quality depth in the area  and hopefully we have got it.

in the end i opted for a tall with pick 12 as i think either durdin or lever would have been worthy at our pick. i  like goddard a lot as well.. i also unlike most others think we desperately need quality talls as well as mids.
anyway like you i really liked laverde months  before the draft,in the end as far as mids go it was down to de goey and laverde and i really didnt think either would get to us. de goey would have been great imo.

for me i would have been over the moon if we had somehow managed to take garlett. carlton gave him away. , snare frawley as a f/a  and traded for hallahan who cost very little  prior to the draft. i was very disappointed we didnt have a crack at any of em. then to follow up with at 12 and 33  laverde and blakeley it would have addressed a few issues.

we address sml fwd problem garlett,
we address kpd quality and depth. frawley. no need to take durdin, lever, or even goddard.
we add three mids all ready to go and address inside and outside needs. laverde, hallahan, blakeley.leaving 3 other nd picks to address needs. glad we took mckenzie as the area is another big need. i would have been keen to take kietel or oscar mcdonald as well.

as for ellis im still stumped and unsure.he  could prove very astute but for me he was nowhere near best available at this pick and i think we could have addressed the inside need later with blakeley anyway.
Claw to totally understand you want more of player A because our depth isn't great in a certain position but before you even think about depth or injuries, you have to have the best 22 you can.
My point was, if we are any chance of getting Shiel next year from GWS we IMO should have taken an A grade outside runner with our first pick. Like you said, we have Miles and Cotch that play that roll really well ATM, and waiting another year to get Shiel to help out in that roll wouldn't have been the end if the world.
Do we have a genuine outside runner that gets 30 week in week out? Like say a Swan or Pendleburry. Win lose or draw those blokes just get the footy. Put anyone with a pulse on Lids and he goes to water. Cotch is a star and does both inside and outside work, but there is no one really else that hurts teams with their numbers. Ellis and Grigg both get decent numbers but both are useless when it comes to hurting teams with those touches.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
New Tiger goes under the knife
Callum Twomey 
afl.com.au
December 17, 2014 9:54 AM

COREY Ellis is expected to resume training in January, despite Richmond's first pick at last month's NAB AFL Draft needing foot surgery this week.

The No.12 pick missed the end of the TAC Cup season with a stress fracture in his foot, which also saw him sit out testing at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

He was out of his protective moonboot in the lead-up to the draft and began jogging gradually, but was under advice from his surgeon that if any soreness persisted he may require an operation.

The club said the 18-year-old was not expected to be sidelined for long after Friday's procedure.

"In consultation with our medical team, we have decided that the best course of action is for Corey to have minor surgery on his foot," Richmond's football manager, Dan Richardson, told the club's website.

"We were fully aware of Corey's condition when we drafted him, and that a procedure might be required at some stage. While he will not be rushed back into full training, we expect a full recovery early in 2015."

The Tigers targeted Ellis for his class, decision-making and poise in the midfield after a consistent season with the Western Jets and Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-17/new-tiger-under-knife

tony_montana

« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »
expected to miss about 2-3 weeks of training in january

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »
lids numbers are not too far behind  pendelberry and swan at all.

averaged more disposals than swan in 2014 with more 30 plus games as well as anther 3 of 29
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI