Author Topic: Connor Menadue [merged]  (Read 102010 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Connor Menadue [merged]
« Reply #495 on: October 17, 2019, 05:23:30 PM »
he stinks it up for 5 yrs IE FAILS EVERY TIME HE GETS A SENIOR GIG, and no one wants him.Yet some want to keep him. Seems some are gluttons for punishment.

Hanging onto players for inordinate amounts of time for little or no return would be a return to the bad old days.

Delist him someone may be prepared to offer him a chance at no cost.
In the mean time we have blokes like DES Stack Pickett Ross Rcd to get games into players who actually look likely.

We have 5 rookies who will all have to come onto the list proper at some stage Stack, Pickett, DES, Baker and possibly even Chol.

Markov if kept will find himself in the same boat if he cant step up that is if we keep him this yr.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #496 on: October 17, 2019, 05:31:33 PM »
Markov's contracted for next year, after which he will either be delisted or traded to SA for a late pick, notwithstanding the unlikely event he has some kind of break out year in his 5th season, in which case he'll be probably still be traded to SA but for something half-decent...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: October 17, 2019, 06:01:00 PM »
Markov's contracted for next year, after which he will either be delisted or traded to SA for a late pick, notwithstanding the unlikely event he has some kind of break out year in his 5th season, in which case he'll be probably still be traded to SA but for something half-decent...... :shh
On the contract thread it says Baker Pickett and Stack are now contracted. Does that mean they are now on the list proper and no longer rookies??? Or have just got new rookie contracts.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: October 17, 2019, 07:36:57 PM »
I didn’t say to keep Menadue because I think there’s a good chance he’s going to break out next season I just wouldn’t delist him for the sake of delisting someone. If they need to free up a spot to draft someone in the first few rounds or pick up another diamond in the rough in the pre-season draft then by all means go for it.

I just think there’s a few I would delist before him and your asking me whether I’d rather keep Menadue than draft someone with one of our 74, 76 or 92 pick then it would be the former.

Has all the attributes and shows this all the time in the vfl, problem being he has rarely done so at afl level. But with a spot on the wing up for grabs, who knows......stranger things have happened.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #499 on: October 17, 2019, 07:44:21 PM »
Plus it is hard not getting a decent string of games together at AFL level.
It can put a lot of pressure on a player and we have all seen players at RICHMOND stink it up for weeks and still get a game.

I think he has something to show so happy for him to stay listed.

Connor and Markov really have their opportunity now so let’s see how they go.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #500 on: October 17, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
On the contract thread it says Baker Pickett and Stack are now contracted. Does that mean they are now on the list proper and no longer rookies??? Or have just got new rookie contracts.

As I was reminded of yesterday by Redan Tiger, under the MSD rules Pickett has to play his first full season as a rookie - I can't imagine Stack & Baker signed multi-year contracts to stay rookies at rookie wages - same goes for Chol who was re-rookied , which I think you can only be be for one or two years and his two year extension would make it three years from this year.. :shh

EDIT: Of course the other thing to consider is who we may or may not be targeting from other clubs next year and whether they'll be free agents or if we'll have to trade for them...  :shh :shh
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:43:21 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #501 on: October 18, 2019, 03:48:49 AM »
There was some interest from Fremantle in Connor Menadue (pictured), who could still land at the Dockers as a delisted free agent.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-17/who-needs-a-contract-players-left-in-limbo-from-every-club

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: October 18, 2019, 02:21:17 PM »
There was some interest from Fremantle in Connor Menadue (pictured), who could still land at the Dockers as a delisted free agent.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-17/who-needs-a-contract-players-left-in-limbo-from-every-club

Pretty please. Good outcome for all parties.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »
Given how terrible North is, you'd think Menadue will score a few senior games for the Roos if he is getting 16 possies like he did today.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2021, 07:42:21 PM »
Forgot he existed.

Anybody watch the game/how did he play?

Saw Higgins and Butler having a crack for the saints.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2021, 08:07:16 PM »
He got more possies than a lot of Roos. They are in trouble if our reject is middle of their best 22.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2021, 09:43:18 PM »
They will finish last by a long way

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #507 on: September 02, 2021, 03:09:35 PM »