Author Topic: Nathan Drummond [merged]  (Read 28502 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Drummond - left knee injury in VFL [update]
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2017, 08:02:33 PM »
Some players are just injury prone. He oughta take up lawn bowls, poor bloke.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2017, 08:08:56 PM »
Many players come back after 2 reco's. Bad news for kid but it wont affect the side unduly as we have a glut of half backs. We also have impressive rookies waiting in the wings.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
At the risk of sounding harsh - kid was a prime candidate for delistment and I just hope we don't do what we usually do and retain him on the list in the wake of this latesy injury just for "goodwill" reasons...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2017, 09:11:23 PM »
At the risk of sounding harsh - kid was a prime candidate for delistment and I just hope we don't do what we usually do and retain him on the list in the wake of this latesy injury just for "goodwill" reasons...
100% AGREE. GOTTA FEEL FOR THE KID BUT FMD I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELISTED BEFORE THIS NEW INJURY.Sorry caps on.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2017, 11:10:22 PM »
Sam McClure on Ch 7 just now mentioned it's an ACL.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »
100% AGREE. GOTTA FEEL FOR THE KID BUT FMD I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELISTED BEFORE THIS NEW INJURY.Sorry caps on.

what a load of crap, you've never seen the bloke play FFS

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »

How would you know that? You wouldn't.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »

cause he lives in Perth & has stated himself he rarely comes over & as the VFL rarely play in Perth I joined the dots

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »

cause he lives in Perth & has stated himself he rarely comes over & as the VFL rarely play in Perth I joined the dots

Well if that's the case then absolutely fair enough. I thought Matt073 was our only resident Sandgroper.

Claw, pull your head in mate.
"Sliding doors moment.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »

Well if that's the case then absolutely fair enough. I thought Matt073 was our only resident Sandgroper.

Just quietly Claw has been known to comment on the AFL sides game without actually watching it.

I would also guess at a high level of probability that he has only rarely seen him play

tony_montana

« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »

Just quietly Claw has been known to comment on the AFL sides game without actually watching it.

I would also guess at a high level of probability that he has only rarely seen him play

correct, has openly stated this season a couple of times he didnt watch a particular game and wasnt likely to bother yet passes judgement on certain players based on stats even though he hasnt actually seen them play

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2017, 11:57:00 AM »

correct, has openly stated this season a couple of times he didnt watch a particular game and wasnt likely to bother yet passes judgement on certain players based on stats even though he hasnt actually seen them play

This is a real problem.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2017, 12:59:47 PM »
I've seen Drummond play plenty of times and he looks like a dud....good tackler but that's about it....list clogger...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:17:23 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »
I've seen Drummond play plenty of times and he looks like a dud....good tackler but that's about it....list clogger...

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and can back it up based on personal observation.
"Sliding doors moment.

tony_montana

« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »

As harsh as it is to say it now, I agree and just hope they don't make a list management decision based on emotion and pity rather than facts.