Author Topic: Kane Lambert retires [merged]  (Read 180231 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kane Lambert [merged]
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2015, 01:08:20 AM »
i heard he once kicked a goal from outside 50

can anyone confirm ?
Confirmed,

Source?
Anecdotal evidence, which is more than sufficient on here.

I think I do remember him kicking it from 50 (or almost) but I forget what game

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2015, 01:10:24 AM »
Poor mans Michael Barlow

Pretty much......probably a tad generous if anything.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2015, 07:16:34 AM »
Poor mans Michael Barlow

Pretty much......probably a tad generous if anything.....

I'm a Richmond fan .....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2015, 08:00:33 AM »
Pretty sure Miles kicked one from outside 50 in the EF.

Then had a second shot and fell short.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: October 31, 2015, 10:15:28 AM »
i heard he once kicked a goal from outside 50

can anyone confirm ?
Confirmed,

Source?
Anecdotal evidence, which is more than sufficient on here.

I think I do remember him kicking it from 50 (or almost) but I forget what game
Yeah, me too. Must have been at Etihad stadium.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: October 31, 2015, 02:24:58 PM »
SCG more likely....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2015, 04:43:40 PM »
Kane was first in the 3km time trial today at Princes Park according to RFC website.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »
Lambert interview from up in Cairns:

* Twelve months ago, it was my first day at Richmond and it was a whirlwind.  One day I was getting ready just to go to work and the next day I’m in Townsville on a training camp with a new job. But 12 months down the track, I’m a lot more relaxed and I know what to expect.  Being in the system the last 12 months it’s held me in good stead, and I’m really looking forward to what’s ahead.

* I am a little bit proud of what he’s achieved already but the work’s ahead of me. I’m looking forward to what’s ahead, more than what’s happened. Hopefully, I can build on that.  Like the rest of the squad, we all aim to get better and that’s what I’m looking at. I just want to get better every day and, whatever happens, happens.

* I’m really proud of Adam [Marcon] and what he’s been able to achieve. He’s worked hard for his opportunity but he’s under no illusion that it’s going to be easy. He’s here to work hard and hopefully he can do well himself.

* It’s been a good pre-season so far - the boys are training well. We’re all putting our best foot forward and we’re looking forward to the rest of this camp. We just want to improve every day, get through this camp, then we go into Christmas, and come back in good shape after that.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-12-15/lambert-embraces-future-challenges

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
Kane and able

Richmond rookie urges Ovens and Murray footballers to follow AFL dream

Xavier Mardling
Border Mail
February 10, 2016

RICHMOND’S Kane Lambert has implored young Ovens and Murray footballers to not give up on their AFL dream.

Lambert, who taken by the Tigers in the 2014 rookie draft as a 23-year-old, said it was never too late to come under notice from talent scouts.

Wodonga Raiders’ Sam Murray was selected as a rookie by Sydney after a stellar season in the O and M while the Rouse twins, Zachary and Jordan, have joined Birallee Park after attracting the attention of Swans recruiters.

Lambert was overlooked by AFL clubs as an 18-year-old and a decision to take 12 months off football to train his body to be a senior player paid off for the former Northern Knight.

After four seasons in the VFL with the Northern Bullants and Williamstown, Lambert is now an AFL player with 13 games to his name.

“I think the biggest thing for me was always trying to get the best out of myself, whatever league that was,” he said.

“Playing good footy is a byproduct of enjoying it.

“No matter where you’re playing, you have to enjoy your footy and that was the biggest focus I had in the VFL competition.

“Leave no stone unturned and enjoy your footy.”

Lambert, speaking at Birallee Park during the Tigers’ two-day community camp on the Border, said he was loving life at the top level.

“It’s where I’ve wanted to be for a long time,” he said.

“Obviously you have bigger crowds and expectations but the pace of the game is a lot quicker, you have less time with the footy and you have to make quick decisions.

“You go from a normal working life and just training in the afternoons with footy as an outlet whereas now you get drafted and footy becomes your full-time job.”

Lambert is looking forward to the first pre-season hitout against Fremantle on February 19 ahead of the AFL season opener against Carlton on March 24.

“We want to go out there and compete,” he said.

Lambert, a good friend of North Albury and Howlong export Anthony Miles, said he had enjoyed his time on the Border.

“I think as AFL footballers we are privileged to be in a position to get involved in these community engagement activities,” he said.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3719110/kane-and-able/

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »
should look better when deledio and yarren are back in

well done to the lad
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »
Absolute ripper.
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »
so so many weak pricks and here we have a bloke who has to do it the hard way its amasing what a bit of hunger and guts can achieve. One of few positives tonight.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #267 on: March 25, 2016, 12:00:08 AM »
Looked sharp & fit tonight.  Well done Lambo!    ;D
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2016, 12:08:26 AM »
Best match so far - first time he actually looked like a first 22 player to me .....hope he can keep it up and do it against better sides....and Melbourne also....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2016, 06:35:17 AM »
so so many weak pricks and here we have a bloke who has to do it the hard way its amasing what a bit of hunger and guts can achieve. One of few positives tonight.

X2
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018