Author Topic: Kane Lambert retires [merged]  (Read 159887 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Kane Lambert [merged]
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2018, 12:12:09 AM »
love him, good player
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #421 on: April 26, 2018, 06:35:57 AM »
Very good game.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2018, 09:12:51 AM »
Will be a very interesting contract renegotiation, i am sure he was on peanuts at the start. When have we signed him up to?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #423 on: April 26, 2018, 11:02:57 PM »
Will be a very interesting contract renegotiation, i am sure he was on peanuts at the start. When have we signed him up to?

Signed him up before finals last year till the end of next year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »
Kane Lambert is the underrated Tiger we should be taking notice of

April 26, 2018
Sarah Olle
FOX SPORTS

KANE Lambert finished on the podium at Richmond’s best and fairest in the club’s premiership season of 2017.

But the tenacious Tiger remains an unsung hero, with the likes of Dustin Martin, Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin ordinarily earning the plaudits.

While all four of those recognised Tigers had their moments against Melbourne on Tuesday night, it was Lambert who shone brightest.

The rookie draftee racked up 29 touches, eight tackles, five inside 50s and two goals in a best of ground performance that typified Richmond’s depth and resilience.

Hawthorn legend Dermott Brereton lauded Lambert’s match, calling the 26-year-old’s performance the “complete game”.

“For the outside-type players, generally they’re not hard tacklers,” Brereton said on Fox Footy.

“That’s the basic rule of thumb. This bloke tackles like there’s no tomorrow.

“The pressure with his running between the two arcs, the pressure on the opposition when they had the ball ... what they want from him, he gave them a complete game.”

Triple-premiership player Jonathan Brown was just as impressed with Lambert’s four-quarter performance.

Indeed, Brown not only noted that Lambert was capable of playing in a number of positions, but that he was the exact player Melbourne was crying out for.

“He’s got a nice mix,” Brown said.

“He can play inside as well. He can go into the centre bounce. He’s the style of player that Melbourne don’t have a lot of.”

While Melbourne got to within two kicks of Richmond in the third term, the Tigers surged in the final quarter to win by 46 points.

Second-gamer Jack Higgins kicked three goals, while Lambert and five other teammates booted two majors.

Lambert said the spread of goal kickers and possession winners reflected the club’s team-first mentality.

“We take more satisfaction out of each other’s goals,” Lambert said.

“There’s a lot of things you don’t see or things that don’t get stats, but internally we celebrate them.

“It’s not always about getting the footy. It’s about setting up your teammates.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the-underrated-tiger-we-should-be-taking-notice-of-kane-lambert/news-story/5a17d08077c54b0cf75c8e4e1ba56372

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »
Kane Lambert has been amongst the best for the Tigers in this afternoon's match. His 11 contested possessions and 11 score involvements leads all Tigers and he also has 25 disposals, six marks, three score launches to go with his two goals.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/7/rich-v-fre

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: May 06, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
BOG for the Tigers , great running today

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #427 on: May 06, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
Has been amazing after since he got that rev up from some posters on here

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #428 on: May 10, 2018, 03:15:27 AM »
Kane Lambert opens up on his path to the big time

By Alex Zaia
SEN
10 May 2018

Kane Lambert’s pathway into the AFL system wasn’t a conventional one.

Recruited from VFL side Williamstown at the age of 23, Lambert was a late bloomer after being overlooked in the 2010 national draft.

It’s been a meteoric rise for the now 26-year-old after playing a star role in Richmond’s drought breaking premiership last season, finishing third in the clubs best and fairest award along the way.

But it wasn’t an easy ride.

“I worked in a gym, largely for the fact it suited my lifestyle to be able to play footy at the highest standard that I could,” Lambert told SEN’s Time On.

“Basically when I was playing at Williamstown my day would start at 4:30 and I would be up opening the gym at 5.

“I would get home for half an hour before rushing off to training, come back and be home between 10:00 and 10:30.

“It was tough. I was pretty knackered by that stage.

“There the sacrifices you have got to make to get to somewhere you want to be.”

The forward was hell-bent on getting the absolute best out of himself, whether that was at VFL or AFL level.

When it was announced Lambert would be heading to Punt Road it all came as a shock as there was no contact from the Tigers prior to him being drafted.

“Getting drafted to me wasn’t the be all and end all, it was about being the best player that I could be," he said.

"If that was at VFL level where I gave myself every opportunity then I would have been satisfied with that.

"There was always a desire to get to the next level, particularly playing with and against AFL listed players.

"I always felt like my form at VFL level would warrant AFL selection and that gave me confidence to keep perusing a career in football.

"I was fortunate enough that I had good bosses along the way who understood where my drive was and I was very fortunate that my name was read out even though I wasn’t expecting it one bit.

"There was no inclination that Richmond were interested in me, not that year and the six years prior. It was quite a surprise."

The reigning premiers take on North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/09/kane-lambert-opens-up-on-his-path-to-the-big-time/

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: May 10, 2018, 08:26:43 AM »
I remember sitting in a cafe the start of the season we drafted him when 2 coaches from Willy came in and sat down next to my table. Andy Collins was one and they started talking about their players etc. Luke Williams entered and sat with them to what was a scheduled meeting. Interesting discussions were had but i can say they mainly focused on Lambert. When i left i firmly believed we would take Lambert should we have the opportunity and i thank Williams for bringing him to Tigerland!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #430 on: May 12, 2018, 03:41:26 AM »
Is this the Tiger to tag?

Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin garner plenty of attention at Richmond, and rightfully so, but Kane Lambert might be the player North Melbourne needs Ben Jacobs to shut down on Sunday afternoon at Etihad Stadium.

The unheralded Tiger has cracked the top 100 of the Player Ratings for the first time in his career, having moved into No.93 at the end of round seven.

After finishing third in the Tigers' best and fairest last year as they romped to the premiership, Lambert seems to have taken his game to another level. He put in a career-best performance on Anzac Day Eve, then topped that mark against Fremantle last week.

The former rookie is ranked No.12 in the competition over the past month.

The Player Ratings take into account an individual's past 40 games over a rolling two-year period.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-11/player-ratings-which-pie-pair-provide-the-drive

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #431 on: May 13, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »
Quiet start to the year in the first couple of rounds but Lambert is now back in form over the past month and hitting the scoreboard once again with 3 goals. He went at 91% disposal efficiency too today.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: May 13, 2018, 04:27:35 PM »
Guns will always bounce back. Massive props to the club for not sending him back to VFL. Clearly starting 18 from my point of view

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2018, 12:24:06 AM »
Was brilliant last night! :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #434 on: July 01, 2018, 08:19:21 AM »
Lambert is one of a select few in the competition that averages what are considered elite statistical numbers – more than 20 disposals and a goal a game. He’s averaging 21.1 disposals and 1.0 goal per game so far this season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-30/lambert-continues-to-rise