Author Topic: Patrick Dangerfield on Richmond’s radar .............. (Herald-Sun)  (Read 18552 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Patrick Dangerfield on Richmond’s radar .............. (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2015, 11:13:53 AM »
Hutchy on Sen reckons tigers a big show at landing danger

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
Hutchy is a serial troll of Tiger fans. He will also have us as his " top 4 " smokey and then probably check big footy to read the thread that's been created in response
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:56 PM »
Hutchy on Sen reckons tigers a big show at landing danger
Trolling the masses
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »
I have said it here before, it's a done deal!
Close thread...

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2015, 10:40:11 PM »
interesting to read  this thread and then the rance thread where the shoe is on the other foot.

Offline Stylo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
interesting to read  this thread and then the rance thread where the shoe is on the other foot.

Haha so true.

I'm not a fan of FA personally. The rich get richer...

Don't want Danger either, he'd be close to the most expensive player in the game and comes with a massive amount of risk as a result.

If we engage in FA, I'd rather we go for Selwood/Steven types than someone who'll derail our pay structure.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »

Haha so true.

Don't want Danger either, he'd be close to the most expensive player in the game and comes with a massive amount of risk as a result.

If we engage in FA, I'd rather we go for Selwood/Steven types than someone who'll derail our pay structure.
mate i would have been happy with a hallahan type for the midfield,we went for greenwood so why not hallahan.imo the hawks will rue letting him go just like they rue letting kennedy go.
 when i looked at our backline without rance last yr  well we had to go after frawley surely.our whole season could go to the dogs if hes injured.
 imo james gwilt allowed to play a running third tall role  an absolute steal.at stkilda in recent yrs hes been ruined by injury and when fit been asked to virtually play kp. go look at this bloke play 2010 2011 before injury.   has to be better than grimes, batchelor dea newman  and houli and boy he creates real competition for a gig.
 finally what sml fwd do we have that has performed anywhere near garletts level. he  should have been a priority.
they all went cheap and i for one would have been happy to have all 4 though not likely to happen.
thats not to say i would not like a player like danger. imo the opportunity is there to have both the frawleys garletts etc and target elite players like danger as we go.as a f/a danger would come for free.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2015, 01:07:21 PM »

Haha so true.

mate i would have been happy with a hallahan type for the midfield,we went for greenwood so why not hallahan.imo the hawks will rue letting him go just like they rue letting kennedy go.
 when i looked at our backline without rance last yr  well we had to go after frawley surely.our whole season could go to the dogs if hes injured.
 imo james gwilt allowed to play a running third tall role  an absolute steal.at stkilda in recent yrs hes been ruined by injury and when fit been asked to virtually play kp. go look at this bloke play 2010 2011 before injury.   has to be better than grimes, batchelor dea newman  and houli and boy he creates real competition for a gig.
 finally what sml fwd do we have that has performed anywhere near garletts level. he  should have been a priority.
they all went cheap and i for one would have been happy to have all 4 though not likely to happen.
thats not to say i would not like a player like danger. imo the opportunity is there to have both the frawleys garletts etc and target elite players like danger as we go.as a f/a danger would come for free.
A fit Grimes in 2015 is better than an over the hill Gwilt by the length of the Flemington straight. Grimes will be a star if he can stay fit.
I agree 100% on Chip and Garlett though. Although if not getting Frawley means we can get Danger, well played Tigers!!!!!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »

A fit Grimes in 2015 is better than an over the hill Gwilt by the length of the Flemington straight. Grimes will be a star if he can stay fit.
I agree 100% on Chip and Garlett though. Although if not getting Frawley means we can get Danger, well played Tigers!!!!!!

:gobdrop we agree  :clapping

Would love Dangerfield at Tigerland, that's the sort of player you make the big offer to  ;D ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2015, 03:32:50 PM »

Haha so true.

na we disagree big time on this one. the simple fact is grimes has done virtually sweet stuff all his entire career. if gwilt gets fit again we know he can play.
 funny gwilt has suffered big time with injury as has grimes  but it seems you allow some slack for grimes yet you wont allow that as an excuse for gwilt.
you talk up grimes potential but we all know it means nothing until the runs are on the board. the difference in performance between the washed up hack gwilt and the promising grimes is indeed the length of the flemington straight.
mate james gwilt was superb in 2010 and for 2/3 of 2012 when he did his knee. he has suffered issues since and has been asked to bulk up and play kpd which is not his role.
lastly   if 28 is over the hill then theres plenty of players who should retire.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
They're different players man. Grimes in med-tall 3rd KPD. Very fast.

Gwilt is a medium, good size.

I'd take them both personally.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2015, 06:49:25 PM »
Geelong skipper Joel Selwood says he doesn't think the Cats would compromise their approach to player payments to attract a star free agent such as Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-20/no-danger-money-selwood

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2015, 09:39:47 PM »
Do we actually have radar?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2015, 10:59:58 PM »
Geelong skipper Joel Selwood says he doesn't think the Cats would compromise their approach to player payments to attract a star free agent such as Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-20/no-danger-money-selwood
Bullsh17!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »
Do we actually have radar?

We've been so low on the ladder over the years, the club traded theirs in for a sonar!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.