Author Topic: RFC's next five-year plan --- The Five Pillars  (Read 11105 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: RFC's next five-year plan --- The Five Pillars
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »
 :sleep :sleep
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 10:01:46 PM »
5 Year plans remind me of Stalin.

Yeah glad Im not the only one who thought that. 

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 10:22:08 PM »
Stalin achieved goals ...

No More

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 01:19:10 PM »
I have never seen this amount of bull dust before. Five Pillars where no one is held to account or can be held to account because there is nothing specific. No wonder this club hasn't won a flag since 1980. The members deserve better than this rubbish.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »
I have never seen this amount of bull dust before. Five Pillars where no one is held to account or can be held to account because there is nothing specific. No wonder this club hasn't won a flag since 1980. The members deserve better than this rubbish.

Troll or old disgruntled poster....?????

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:39:44 AM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

No More

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »
I guess Gale's goals in 3-0-75 were just too SMART to achieve so we've gone to the other extreme.
I've seen the actual document, it's quite specific.

Is it true it was written on a napkin with a crayon?

A few months ago at an all hands meeting the senior management team took every staff member and players through the 5 year plan, pillar by pillar. Each GM responsible for each pillar took all 150 of us through it point by point, so everyone knew where they fit into the plan. Very inclusive and I think everyone walked away feeling they knew a bit more about the direction of the club.
Didn't everyone working at the club know the direction the club was heading before the point by point presentation? What a sad indictment that we have an admission that it took a meeting in late 2014 before everyone knew more about the direction of the club. Mind you that's a good outcome considering the 5 pillars have nothing specific. Well done to all at the club though. Hopefully we will win a flag in 2015.

No More

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »
Five Pillars is a fancy name, I would have preferred the club just have some simply stated goals such as:

Richmond will make finals 4 out the next 5 years
Richmond will make top 4 in 3 out of the next 5 years
Richmond will win at least 1 premiership over the next 5 years
Richmond will record annual Profits in each of the next 5 years
Richmond will invest in its home facility and expand external business operations to increase revenues from outside the football club.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
didnt think ramps could go long without spreading his misery like a monkey throwing its excrement from the tree tops
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »
Sounds like they've been reading Houli's copy of the Qur'an.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »

Troll or old disgruntled poster....?????

why ?

it sound like a big load of fluff to me ...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:40:09 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2014, 09:13:05 PM »
What would be the five pills required;

A pill of forgetfulness for those games such as the Port and Blues finals

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2014, 06:33:59 AM »
I guess Gale's goals in 3-0-75 were just too SMART to achieve so we've gone to the other extreme.

Is it true it was written on a napkin with a crayon?

A few months ago at an all hands meeting the senior management team took every staff member and players through the 5 year plan, pillar by pillar. Each GM responsible for each pillar took all 150 of us through it point by point, so everyone knew where they fit into the plan. Very inclusive and I think everyone walked away feeling they knew a bit more about the direction of the club.
Didn't everyone working at the club know the direction the club was heading before the point by point presentation? What a sad indictment that we have an admission that it took a meeting in late 2014 before everyone knew more about the direction of the club. Mind you that's a good outcome considering the 5 pillars have nothing specific. Well done to all at the club though. Hopefully we will win a flag in 2015.

They maybe regrouped as an executive to develop an evolve the next phase of the clubs direction. It would make more sense to launch the entire vision at once as opposed to dribbling out bits and pieces.
Having said that, what we have seenis vague.
If they're planning more information then perhaps it would've been best to wait.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 06:41:37 AM »

will the members actually ever be communicated these specific plans?

Absolutely, don't know date but yep it's in the plan.

Is there a reason for giving us a snippet of the plan but not the details? Seems to not have worked in your (the club's) favour
People more important than me will decide when it's all released.

Why didn't the club release a more specific document at the AGM?
That would've been a great forum to share the specific elements as you have seen.
It's a bit odd if the document was released a few months ago that you haven't been able to organise the information into a more compelling presentation for the members.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
O’Neal explained the five pillars upon which Richmond will focus its attention:

1. Working on the Club’s culture.
2. Gaining greater understanding of its supporter base.
3. Increasing revenue.
4. Investing in its facility.
5. Ultimately, achieving on-field success.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-12-11/2014-agm-oneals-speech

* The Richmond Football Club will be bold. We will innovate and lead. We will embrace all challenges, both on and off the field. That is the essence of our vision for the future.  It is what success looks like to us and, as we know, we will need to work harder than we have ever worked before to deliver on that vision.

* I have said several times that the next five years will require as much, if not more, of us than the past five years.

* We intend to do all within our power to deliver you a strong and bold premiership club.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-12-11/tigers-future-focus

I have tried and tried to understand this, but what the hell does the following mean?  "* The Richmond Football Club will be bold. We will innovate and lead. We will embrace all challenges, both on and off the field. That is the essence of our vision for the future.  It is what success looks like to us and, as we know, we will need to work harder than we have ever worked before to deliver on that vision. ".

Why release such airy fairy rubbish, it just peees people off. Sometimes my Tigers make we want to scream.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Gigantor

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 11:16:35 AM »
I was plesead to see Peggy have at number one the culture of the club,because I still believe this is one area that we are still far behind many clubs.
The one other area I would really like more detail on is the "increasing revenue" as I feel we maybe a bit lacking and not looking at expanding this area,since losing the pokies .