Author Topic: Can we win a premiership in the next few years  (Read 11458 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Can we win a premiership in the next few years
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 10:24:49 PM »
Cart before the horse....real question should be can we win a final.
Which is precisely why at this point we can't win a GF. We poo our pants in any old final.  :banghead
lol we poo our pants in any important game yet alone finals.

in a list of 44 we need about a   third  12 - 15 players to be elite A grade or very good B grade.and they need to be proven none of this potential b/s.
the only current players who fit the bill are.
Deledio, Cotchin, Maric, Martin, Miles, Rance. lose any two or three of the 6 and the seasons over as happened this yr.
some who show signs vlastuin,b  ellis i put him here to save arguments, and theres hope lennon and c ellis can get there. every other player is C grade,  a battler, or juniors who we just dont know.

we dont have a v/good 2nd kpf. we dont have a v/good 2nd kpd, we have just one decent ruckman and hes near 30. we lack inside mids with basically all the work load on just cotchin and miles.
we have soft weak pricks in abundance we lack one quality sml/med fwd who is not  needed in the midfield. we have panic merchants and poor kicks in the back half and they are regularsgetting games because there is so few coming thru from below forcing them out.

lol a premiership in 2 yrs. oh to be so naieve, we will do very well just to stay in the 8 over the next few seasonshat will only happen if we get our fair share of kids developing and forcing the hacks out.

We at least won a few Friday and Saturday night games that were broadcast on free to air this year. Used to mark them down as a loss before the opening bounce.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »
One small issue being overlooked.

The last 10 premiers have played with a distinct game style created by the coach, something that has been innovative and different from others. (Scott and Longmire just carried the torch on to some degree).

Does anyone think Hardwick has the tactical capacity to come up with a style that will open up the competition?

If Mark Thompson takes over next year I'd say this answer is a yes. Right now, no chance.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 10:38:56 PM »
One small issue being overlooked.

The last 10 premiers have played with a distinct game style created by the coach, something that has been innovative and different from others. (Scott and Longmire just carried the torch on to some degree).

Does anyone think Hardwick has the tactical capacity to come up with a style that will open up the competition?

If Mark Thompson takes over next year I'd say this answer is a yes. Right now, no chance.

great post probably one of the smartest i have read on hardwick.

I couldnt agree more. He seems like a follower not a leader.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 02:17:55 AM »
2020 -The year of the Tiger ....... Maybe.

Maybe they could buy one
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 08:27:25 AM »
No chance of winning anything this organisation

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »

ive always felt its gotta be done before lids hangs up the boots personally ...

I'm with this sentiment also. I think now that we have a core that the younger players can learn of it's not unforeseeable that RFC wins one in in the next few years. However I think to get the ball rolling we need this success to happen before Deledio retires not too dissimilar to Hawthorn winning a flag before Crawf retired.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 12:05:38 PM »
be interested to know peoples thoughts on this now the seasons started. how close do people think we really are.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
be interested to know peoples thoughts on this now the seasons started. how close do people think we really are.
Always thought we were far away. I was hoping that some of our additions would help us get to around 6th or even 4th if everything went perfectly (no injuries).  Still too early to call though if we will make the eight. We are nowhere near winning a flag though. Still 2-3 good drafts away from that IMVHO.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2015, 12:28:43 PM »
  • We have a reasonable core top 10 players
  • Our bottom 12 players aren't strong enough and I thinks that is thanks to the FJ regime
  • Our selection panel choices leaves me stunned at times
  • There is something wrong with our culture
  • Often our players seem lack lustre and disinterested
  • We do not seem to have enough speed
  • We make the same mistakes over and over again, ie kicking sideways and backwards letting the opposition flood our forward line
  • I don't think our players understand front and square playing methodology
  • We continually send the ball into our forward 50 into the side pockets, while often players are standing alone in better positions
  • When we kick the ball in we have our 2 talls standing next to each other
  • We persevere in kicking the ball to our disadvantage 3 on one scenarios
  • Our coach doesn't seem to be able to adapt to changes during a game
  • We do not get game time into our youngsters who probably get disillusioned playing in the VFL while Newman, Grigg and Houli or whoever) get games every week
Apart from that we are doing really well!?!?!? :whistle
Our season has started as per usual, we have no chance of winning a flag until all the above points have been addressed

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 01:13:30 PM »
We won't win one with this current group or coach.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »

2020. Maybe.

Lids won't get a flag. He doesn't deserve it.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »

2020. Maybe.

Lids won't get a flag. He doesn't deserve it.
I agree Lids wont get a flag at RFC, but IMVHO he does deserve one, and if he gets one elsewhere good luck to him, he would have been a huge success at Hawthorn IMO

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

I posted my thoughts preseason. But as I understand people reported my posts and I copped 48hr a ban for being too negative.

Interesting that now as the reality of where our club is at hits home, I see posts which are not dissimilar which remain unmoderated. I wonder if they are being reported too?

Then again the Hooray for everything crowd appear to have largely gone to ground which really confirms the cloak and dagger approach and makes one question motives. 

maybe I was just ahead of my time?

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »
  • We have a reasonable core top 10 players
  • Our bottom 12 players aren't strong enough and I thinks that is thanks to the FJ regime
  • Our selection panel choices leaves me stunned at times
  • There is something wrong with our culture
  • Often our players seem lack lustre and disinterested
  • We do not seem to have enough speed
  • We make the same mistakes over and over again, ie kicking sideways and backwards letting the opposition flood our forward line
  • I don't think our players understand front and square playing methodology
  • We continually send the ball into our forward 50 into the side pockets, while often players are standing alone in better positions
  • When we kick the ball in we have our 2 talls standing next to each other
  • We persevere in kicking the ball to our disadvantage 3 on one scenarios
  • Our coach doesn't seem to be able to adapt to changes during a game
  • We do not get game time into our youngsters who probably get disillusioned playing in the VFL while Newman, Grigg and Houli or whoever) get games every week
Apart from that we are doing really well!?!?!? :whistle
Our season has started as per usual, we have no chance of winning a flag until all the above points have been addressed

:clapping

Online tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2015, 08:14:58 PM »

I posted my thoughts preseason. But as I understand people reported my posts and I copped 48hr a ban for being too negative.

Interesting that now as the reality of where our club is at hits home, I see posts which are not dissimilar which remain unmoderated. I wonder if they are being reported too?

Then again the Hooray for everything crowd appear to have largely gone to ground which really confirms the cloak and dagger approach and makes one question motives. 

maybe I was just ahead of my time?

While we arent near a premiership this team does do surprising wins every year and unfortunately the reverse too.