Author Topic: Open training session @ Punt Rd this Friday, Dec. 19  (Read 6700 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Open training session @ Punt Rd this Friday, Dec. 19
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
It should be Jan 4 FFS how is the club ever going to make any headway with decisions like this

:santa :santa :santa

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
They've only been back a few weeks. A trip to FNQ and they get another break already?

No wonder we are middle of the road
lol.
at richmond we are firm believers in easing into training. we are sure that this yr we will reach full fitness before the half way mark of the season. it will be a vast improvement on previous yrs.
hhhhaaaarrrrgggggggg.

T. Hunt advised us last night that we train harder and do much more running than Geelong :whistle

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »
They've only been back a few weeks. A trip to FNQ and they get another break already?

lol.
at richmond we are firm believers in easing into training. we are sure that this yr we will reach full fitness before the half way mark of the season. it will be a vast improvement on previous yrs.
hhhhaaaarrrrgggggggg.

T. Hunt advised us last night that we train harder and do much more running than Geelong :whistle

Like Gus said when went to Adelaide? Like nearly all players say when they change clubs?  Didn't some people here just dismiss the stuff Matt White said about going from first at Richmond to sixth at Port for endurance running? (Despite Port's superior fitness to everyone being fairly self-evident since Hinkley & Burgess arrived the year before.) Not having a crack, just saying.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:40:28 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:46 PM »

lol.
hhhhaaaarrrrgggggggg.

He did and seemed pretty legit when he said it. Perhaps we've stepped it up big time this preseason after our start in 2014? The FNQ training camp sounded brutal.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
Well to be fair, after all the talk from within the club about the poor attitude & half-arsed approach to last year's pre-season, you'd expect they would be making a particular point of stepping things up, so despite my previous post I'm inclined to believe Hunt's not just mouthing the usual pre-season platitudes.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 05:03:36 PM »
you can only hope
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »
Anyone have any idea when the actual training will begin tomorrow? Im keen to come down but not much interested in the giveaways and such.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 07:15:18 PM »
Has any player moved to another club and said the training standards are worse?

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »
My take on it is he could just not say anything at all.

Another likely possibility is Geelong know something we don't and are spending more time on skills/building up at different stages/training smarter etc.........
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »
Has any player moved to another club and said the training standards are worse?

Publicly - no, privately - definitely.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 07:29:11 PM »
My take on it is he could just not say anything at all.

Another likely possibility is Geelong know something we don't and are spending more time on skills/building up at different stages/training smarter etc.........

Yeah I think if that was the case Hunt would be aware of it and considering they're arguably still a benchmark club (albeit one probably on the slide), you'd assume he'd be supplying us with some info in that regard.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »
From afl.com.au
Jennifer Phelan 
December 19

The Tigers faced a tough training session on Friday for their final hit-out before the Christmas break.

Chris Newman (groin) was in the rehab group but is expected to be back after the break, while Sam Lloyd is in a moon boot after suffering a minor ankle injury at training.

Matt Thomas remains out of the main group after knee surgery late in the season.   

Astbury said the players had responded well to a solid training block ahead of Christmas and the results had already been clear.

"It's about gritting your teeth and getting some real improvement – we've seen some real improvement and it's been really positive," he said.

"Everyone has just come back in extraordinary shape. We're looking really good and I think we've simplified things a little bit and the boys are really excited about what 2015 brings for us.

"It's a really enthusiastic environment and we're really looking forward to the home-and-away season.

"We're all meeting our goals and we've got some return targets after the Christmas break, but so far there's probably no one I can't say that about, which is a really good sign."

The Tigers have fallen at the first hurdle in the finals the past two seasons and need to find something from within to improve, after acquiring just one experienced player in the off-season, Geelong's Taylor Hunt.

Astbury said he believed the middle-tier players had the ability to stand up next season.

"It's been documented we weren't really active in the trade period, but we're sort of relying on natural progression and we had a clear strategy to go to the draft and bring some youth through," he said.

"I think we've got a really solid base of players between the four and seven years who definitely have a lot more improvement – we started to see that towards the back end of the year with guys like Ben Griffiths, Jake Batchelor and Dylan Grimes.

"They're the guys who are really going to take the next step and they're going to drive us deeper into September."

Development coach Mark Williams was involved in Friday's session and has been in and around the club since being diagnosed with lymphoma last month.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-19/astburys-body-of-work

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 01:41:30 PM »
Wayne Ludbey. ‏@WLudbey twitter:

"@BrettDeledio03 & @DustinMartin4 #Tigers super impressive over a two hour training session punt rd @heraldsunsport"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »
More pics from the Herald-Sun website ...

Photos: Wayne Ludbey; Source: News Corp Australia