Author Topic: 2015 Asia Cup  (Read 13747 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2015 Asia Cup
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »
You'd expect Spiranovic, on a yellow, will be rested for the last group game.

China should finish top of Group B. So if we finish top of Group A, we'll be playing either Saudi Arabia or Uzbekistan in the quarters.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »
Is there a sure way to miss Japan until the final should we make it? Provided we both finish top of our groups I don't know how they split the sides of the elimination fixture.

tony_montana

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 09:27:37 AM »
Is there a sure way to miss Japan until the final should we make it? Provided we both finish top of our groups I don't know how they split the sides of the elimination fixture.

If we both top our groups then we don't meet until the final should we make it.

If one of us finish 1st and the other 2nd we will meet in the semi should we both win our qtrs

dwaino

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 10:04:58 AM »
Thanks. So the game against south Korea isn't the dead rubber it is being called then.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
Timmy, Robbie Kruse and Leckie rested from the starting XI tonight while Jedinak is still out with that ankle.

Thanks. So the game against south Korea isn't the dead rubber it is being called then.
If we finish top then we'll most likely play Iran in the semi final.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »
Is boring

dwaino

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 09:57:52 PM »
Gets hit in head. Receives 2 mins of treatment to shin. Korean logic.

tony_montana

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 10:33:51 PM »
Is boring

well then do yourself and the rest  of us who want to discuss this event a favour and stuff off out of the thread then

tony_montana

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »
Gets hit in head. Receives 2 mins of treatment to shin. Korean logic.

that's what I hate about soccer - got to do something about the timewasting BS - its so damn obvious yet refs fall for it all the time - would make good WWE refs these blokes

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »
Apart from the score and that one stupid schoolboy defensive error that cost us a goal, I thought we were very good tonight against a strong side that had no other intention other than parking the bus. Really should have won that and come down to Melbourne for one more game - but thems the breaks, if you want to win it you have to beat everyone so lets get past China and then look at japan

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 11:09:34 PM »
I think if we started our best forwards we would have had more chances early and got on the board early. We flirted with danger and now we pay the price. Tough finals road from here.

Luongo has been an inspired selection but surely it's time to get serious and start Bresciano.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 04:29:10 AM »
Another schoolboy error in defence costs us a goal  :scream and we failed to any of the many chances we had. Some people are blaming the Suncorp surface for strikes bobbling up rather than being hit low into the corners but it was the same for Koreans. Our strikers better get use to that surface quickly as they'll be back there to play China.

You'd expect Spiranovic, on a yellow, will be rested for the last group game.
:doh

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:50 AM »
Bit like the Tigers really
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
I think if we started our best forwards we would have had more chances early and got on the board early. We flirted with danger and now we pay the price. Tough finals road from here.

Luongo has been an inspired selection but surely it's time to get serious and start Bresciano.

Agree, tbh I didn't mind Burns and juric starting but would've started leckie over Troisi who I think is wasteful. I think with jedinak out, Ange doesn't trust Milligan to play DM on his own so goes with Mckay as backup. Think if jedinak was playing would've started with Luongo and Bresc.. In hindsight seeing the Koreans park the bus, we should've started Bresc anyhow and played 2 number 10's(creative mids) instead of 1.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »
Would have been nice to play on a flat pitch. The 'nana plantation harvested the night before was always going to cut it fine for mine
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018