Author Topic: Who do you think should be our next PM?  (Read 3875 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Who do you think should be our next PM?
« on: February 01, 2015, 06:40:20 AM »

Well, the Queensland election result looks like it might mean the end of the worst PM in history.

Who do you think should be our next PM?

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Who do you think should be our next PM?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 07:03:39 AM »
Will be lucky to last the week. The man is absolute electoral poison. He's lucky the country hasn't had any major challenges since taking office because he's butchered the minor ones.

Of those you have listed, either of the first 2.

Hockey would be a disaster.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »
Good article from Larry Pickering today that sums it up pretty well I think:

WOW! WHO WOULDA THUNK THAT!

As Clive Palmer slipped quietly out the back door, the political pundits were saying, “We are in a new era of electoral volatility”. rubbish! The Libs were suggesting, “Our message needs to be sold better”. rubbish! Just stop lying to us and everything will go back to normal.

Only 7.3 (now 8 ) per cent of Pickering Post readers picked the result and that percentage was fairly consistent across the nation... it was an unthinkable outcome. The voters have given their politicians a clear message and even after a result like the one last night, Coalition politicians still haven’t twigged to what it is.

When voters are lied to it becomes a lot more serious than simply treating them like fools. Their vote, in fact their whole voting system, is wilfully destroyed, trust is shattered, faith in democracy wavers as they scream, “How dare you treat my vote with such utter contempt!”

Tomorrow a prematurely ageing Tony Abbott may well be giving his last Press Club address as Prime Minister and he had better get it right this time. If he still insists that his message needs to be “sold better” then it will be clear the penny still hasn’t dropped.

The days of nonchalantly lying to the electorate are over, just ask Newman, Gillard and now Abbott. The Libs revere John Howard but they learnt nothing from him. He knew the introduction of a lethal GST could cost him an election, but it didn’t! He said what he was going to do, and he did it! And that happens to matter.

Abbott won a landslide election on a Gillard lie, but he subsequently proved to have lied in exactly the same way she did, and now he expects a different result?

Polling suggests the electorate is champing on the bit waiting to kill him in the same way they killed Gillard and now Newman.

Newman’s lies will cost Queensland dearly. The LNP have lost, the Newman experiment has failed and Annastacia Palaszczuk’s likely makeshift Government has disaster written all over it.

She gushingly and primarily thanked the unions for the result, reaffirming that State assets will not be sold despite their diminishing value.

That means she is blind to debt in the same way Gillard and Rudd were. Interest alone on a probable $100 billion debt will soak up all that could have been spent on infrastructure. Environmentalists will play havoc with any development and unions will restore a bloated public service.

NSW will be sandwiched between two of Australia’s most historically corrupt, union-influenced Labor Parties in history.

And who can we thank for that? Campbell Newman and the influence of Tony Abbott. They both lied, and an angry electorate will no longer cop it.

It’s over to you now Mr Abbott. Tomorrow we expect you to tell us the rubbish will finally stop.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Larry-Pickering/236991276355038?fref=nf

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »
I would love to see Abbott rolled by a woman.

Would be the sweetest justice of all.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »
Turnbull would be the LNP's best option politically, especially if he comes up with policies that reject Abbott's blind hardline 1950s ideology and return the government's direction back to the 21st century political centre. However, the hardline conservatives in the party and the media (Bolt, Jones, Devine, etc.) see Turnbull as a 'lefty' and 'warmist', so I can't see him being chosen as leader again. Bishop has the greater support of the options in '65's poll but it wouldn't surprise me if the LNP stupidly went for Morrison if Abbott is toppled.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 03:25:21 PM »
I would love to see Abbott rolled by a woman.

Would be the sweetest justice of all.
Can't be Bishop though - single woman without no kids, what would she know about families
Was what they said about Julia :-)

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 06:17:59 PM »
Turnbull would be the LNP's best option politically, especially if he comes up with policies that reject Abbott's blind hardline 1950s ideology and return the government's direction back to the 21st century political centre. However, the hardline conservatives in the party and the media (Bolt, Jones, Devine, etc.) see Turnbull as a 'lefty' and 'warmist', so I can't see him being chosen as leader again. Bishop has the greater support of the options in '65's poll but it wouldn't surprise me if the LNP stupidly went for Morrison if Abbott is toppled.

I'm a big fan of Turnball. I'm not into the whole left and right thing as they're subjective but I'm pretty close to centre with maybe a foot in economic left and the other in social right (not the conservative christian right. That's how it is subjective) so a Turnball LNP should be right up my alley. But for the reasons you mentioned I can't see him getting enough party support, would also need to completely clean house and hope to replace some members next election. I think Bishop has the runs on the board as foreign minister and has the balls (lol) to keep the party in check and steer the country after a challenge. Would also be gold for a woman to knife Tony.

tony_montana

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 09:06:39 PM »
He's finished.

No More

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
Ange Postecoglou

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:11 PM »

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Who do you think should be our next PM? / Leadership spill next week (ABC)
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 02:21:49 PM »
The spill is officially on.

Tony Abbott: Western Australian Liberal MP Luke Simpkins confirms he will seek leadership spill against PM
By political editor Chris Uhlmann and Eliza Borrello
abc.net.au
Fri 6 Feb 2015, 2:08pm

Prime Minister Tony Abbott will face a spill against his leadership early next week after West Australian Liberal MP Luke Simpkins emailed party room colleagues to announce he would move a motion to challenge the PM.

The spill motion will be seconded by MP Don Randall, with a third WA Liberal, Dennis Jensen, saying he will support it.

The ABC has been told the MPs called the Prime Minister shortly before sending the email.

In Mr Simpkins' email he writes that: "In the last two weeks I have been inundated with emails and walk-ins to my Electorate Office all questioning the direction the Government is being led in.

"The knighthood issue was for many the final proof of a disconnection with the people.
Have your say: what are your thoughts on the leadership spill?

"These contacts have come from many people that I personally know and are firm supporters - in some cases they are booth workers as well.

"The last time this outpouring of concern happened was when we were being led to support the Rudd Government's ETS, and faced with this erosion of our base support we acted.

"I think that we must bring this to a head, and test the support of the leadership in the party room.

"As I have said in the past, I have no front bench ambitions. I just want to make sure that the economic vandals do not get back into power and our children and grandchildren are not left to pay Labor's bill. I do this because I believe it is in the best interests of the people of our country."

Mr Simpkins said he had submitted a motion to the Government's chief whip asking for the spill to be conducted via a secret ballot at Tuesday's party room meeting.

The Government's chief whip Philip Ruddock confirmed he had received notice of the motion and said Mr Abbott had "indicated this motion will be listed for discussion at the Liberal Party Meeting on Tuesday".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-06/mp-seeks-leadership-spill/6075470

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 03:19:28 PM »
Abbott press conference 3:20 (soon)

What chance that he will do the right thing and resign?

Would be the only good thing this prick will have done in a while.

Will go down as the worst PM in history.

:lol

Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 03:22:46 PM »

Would be the only good thing this prick will have done in a while.

Will go down as the worst PM in history.

:lol

And we've been saying it for years. Part moron, part clutz, and a dash of happy clapper.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:41:49 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »

His leadership is on the line and today's press conference was another chance to state why he should remain PM because of A, B, etc ..., yet the only thing he could mutter over and over again was "we're not Labor" :facepalm. He's never got out of negative opposition leader mode and he's been a policy free zone aside from giving out knighthoods  ::). That's why he's facing being dumped on Tuesday.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd