Author Topic: Tiger tall forwards 'the bane of my existence' says Hardwick .... (afl site)  (Read 2978 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Just to recap, so far this preseason our 'coach' has come out and said he has NFI how to win a final or set up a forward line.  :gobdrop

:gotigers

Time to get the sack Hardwick thread pumping again?

In all fairness, I wouldn't think it's unreasonable. 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I think its unreasonable.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Three talls doesn't seem to work for us. Maybe we don't structure it up well enough but I reckon it's just lack of quality. I'm with Claw, reckon we need a "smaller" forward and go with just the one 200cm

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Three talls doesn't seem to work for us. Maybe we don't structure it up well enough but I reckon it's just lack of quality. I'm with Claw, reckon we need a "smaller" forward and go with just the one 200cm

I think that based on Craws view it's not possible to play AFL football at that height  ;D
I'm thinking that we trade Griff, Vickers and the Beanstalk to the NBA for a squillion and use that money to payout Dimma and recruit the dream team coaching panel of Sheeds, KB, Swooper Northey, Denis Pagan and Alan Jeans with Tony Shaw in the mix as mull
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Really need a medium who can go either way.

Look at Darling for example. Can play like a tall but crumb well too.

Hoping Lennon becomes this kind of player.

If McKenzie becomes a genuine power forward, I would play him and Jack as a KPF's. Lennon mid-size. Then we need a small, and two extra spots for rotating mids (IE Lids/Martin). Then play two rucks. Maric and honestly probably Hampson since he's a reasonable tap ruckman, then just sub Hampson out earlyish into the 3rd every week.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
You should have stopped after "just play two rucks"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
why do we need a bisexual clairvoyant?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
why do we need a bisexual clairvoyant?

Coz she can tell us from experience that either way, were effd
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
Really need a medium who can go either way.

Look at Darling for example. Can play like a tall but crumb well too.

I think Lids will play this role this year. Brett is a damn fine contested mark.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

I think that based on Craws view it's not possible to play AFL football at that height  ;D
I'm thinking that we trade Griff, Vickers and the Beanstalk to the NBA for a squillion and use that money to payout Dimma and recruit the dream team coaching panel of Sheeds, KB, Swooper Northey, Denis Pagan and Alan Jeans with Tony Shaw in the mix as mull
ive never ever said blokes cant play at that height. just that very few have ever managed to play kp exclusively. there will be blokes who come along and perform well as 200cm exclusive kpfs i havent seen it yet with our three though.
we have 3 200cm ruckmen/fwds none have shown they can hold down and play exclusively as a kpf. i go on about this because its a problem.
people wont believe me but im praying like mad that griffiths and vickery can become very good players i just dont have confidence that they will.
im still adamant we need two more tall fwds  on our list,  one around 190 - 194 and one around 195 197.  we then develop and pick the eyes out of the best ones trade the others away.we doint need three ruck/fwds atm that is exactly what vickery griffiths and mcbean are.  unless they can master one or the other  roles they remain superfluous.
i think griffiths the better prospect but he hasnt done as well as vickery that in itself is a concern. i will give vickery one thing he  manages to find a way to kick goals a few goals but hes mainly poor or so so in most other areas, a bit like hamspud but not as bad. hampson can actually ruck and ruck well but he does nothing else well atm.

we must do better that is all im saying.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fair enough, just toying around in the off season  :cheers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Griffiths talking about the competition for spots in the side amongst all our tall forwards:

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-02-10/griffiths-press-conference-february-10th

* That competition’s healthy to have. I played pretty well towards the end of the year but Ty’s been showing some outstanding form over the pre-season. He’s really taken some of the scratch matches by the scruff of the neck, which is really good to see. It makes me want to get better, it makes Jack want to get better and certainly the midfielders get pretty excited. So I think that competition’s only going to make ourselves better.  And then we leave it up to the coaches to make that decision. I think as a group we want to be playing three ‘talls’, so as well as competing against each other, we’ve also been helping each other out trying to improve.

* Jack’s in really good form as well. I think he’s just taken the mindset of get as much out of each session as he can and it seems to be working wonders at the moment. It’s great for me personally to learn from and have him as a mentor and develop myself.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-02-10/healthy-rivalry-within-tiger-team