Author Topic: snipping threads is understandable, but just a question  (Read 1361 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
snipping threads is understandable, but just a question
« on: March 15, 2015, 09:00:08 PM »
As per above snipping threads is obviously a necessary part of online forums, but could we please for the sake of continuity keep the post and delete the contents, rather than delete the whole post(s)?

The problem is if the reasonable content or post isn't retained the thread just jumps from point A to point D and it's really hard to follow. 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: snipping threads is understandable, but just a question
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
I've even reposted a new thread once because I thought I had incorrectly set it up.

When the second try at the new thread also got snipped I realised I had had too much too drink and needed to go to bed

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »
I've even reposted a new thread once because I thought I had incorrectly set it up.

When the second try at the new thread also got snipped I realised I had had too much too drink and needed to go to bed

:lol :lol

I've been that poster!!   :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 04:36:38 AM »
As per above snipping threads is obviously a necessary part of online forums, but could we please for the sake of continuity keep the post and delete the contents, rather than delete the whole post(s)?

The problem is if the reasonable content or post isn't retained the thread just jumps from point A to point D and it's really hard to follow.
Keeping posts but removing their contents wouldn't work as there are often instances where a number of posts are 'responding' to each other and need to be "snipped". Keeping a sway of empty posts would defeat the purpose of trying to maintain continuity and an easily followable and readable topic.

Obviously, the best way to make threads easy to follow is for everyone to stick to discussing the relative thread topic and debate opinions without the personal commentary or insults directed towards another poster who has a different opinion.

Cheers,

OE.