Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match media conference  (Read 2836 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's post-match media conference
« on: March 21, 2015, 07:06:20 PM »
Dimma's post-match media conference ...

VIDEO:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-03-21/postmatch-tigers
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-03-21/preseason-round-3-hardwick-postmatch

"We were really happy with the hitout that we got," Hardwick said. "Obviously it was a pretty high intensity game, it was quick and action packed, probably defensively both sides were a bit open at stages, but we got a lot out of it.

"We came out unscathed. We got some players in some good form; overall it is a tick. We would have loved to have won the game, but the fact of the matter is we didn't, we got some areas to improve, but there were certainly some things we like also."

With Chris Knights and Nathan Gordon available for round one, and Hardwick pleased with experiments, such as Dylan Grimes playing on Brent Harvey, the coach couldn't hide his pleasure at his team's build up after a "flat out" game of round one intensity. His selection posers include whether Ben Griffiths and Tyrone Vickery can operate in tandem up forward.

"I'd like to go home, have a beer and then digest that one if that's all right," Hardwick said. "But both guys didn't do their chances any harm today. They're getting shots on goal, [although] we'd probably just like a few more through the big sticks."

While Cotchin put any concerns about the health of his hamstring to bed before being subbed off, and Martin indicated that sporting less hair and more tattoos won't make him any less threatening, Kamdyn McIntosh put a compelling case to win his debut after two injury-blighted seasons at Punt Road.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-match-report/jack-ziebells-head-the-only-sore-spot-in-eyecatching-tuneup-for-both-roos-and-richmond-20150321-1m4mjv.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick's post-match media conference
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »
'Shut the bloody thing': Hardwick, Scott unhappy about roof

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
March 21, 2015 6:15 PM

COACHES Damien Hardwick and Brad Scott have renewed calls to shut the roof at Etihad Stadium after an experiment to keep it half open in Saturday's NAB Challenge clash between Richmond and North Melbourne.

The trial, which will be repeated for Sunday's clash between Carlton and Geelong, saw the western roof panel moved into a different position so more of the field would stay in shade during play as the sun moved.

With roughly 50 per cent of the ground in sunlight for the first half of the match, Hardwick said he noticed midfielders struggling to handle the ball at centre bounces because of the contrast.

"I don't know, it's not that hard is it? Is it that hard, really? Here's an idea, shut the bloody thing. Geez," Hardwick said. 

While the shaded area of the ground slowly expanded in the second half, Hardwick was emphatic that players would prefer to compete under a closed roof.

"If you're in the middle of the ground … it's right in their eyes," he said.

"If you watch the first centre bounce, I reckon there's guys doing this one (missing the football with both hands) trying to catch the ball. It's not rocket science.

"It's OK if the games are a little bit later with the shade contrast to keep it off the people. But the players are pretty important."

A fan survey last year saw 60 per cent of supporters wanted the roof open when the weather was fine.

The AFL's roof policy will remain the same this year, which means it will be open for afternoon games if the weather forecast permits.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-21/shut-the-bloody-thing

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »
Hope Dimma wasn't blaming the sun for Ivan getting killed in the middle

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »
doesnt seem he is blaming the sun for anyones performance.

from what i saw on telly he is correct. to have half the ground in shadow and half in bright light stuffs it for everyone, when it can be avoided. just close the stuffing roof and be done with it. too many idiots want to outsmart themselves with this poo.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »
doesnt seem he is blaming the sun for anyones performance.

from what i saw on telly he is correct. to have half the ground in shadow and half in bright light stuffs it for everyone, when it can be avoided. just close the stuffing roof and be done with it. too many stuffers want to outsmart themselves with this poo.

Agree Al, I'm not a fan of the roof being closed but since the idiots stuffed it in the first place by building the ground the wrong way around then you can only do the best with what you have. And today it was diabolical trying to watch it on TV between the  light contrasts, let alone how hard it was for the players doing the same.  Just admit the original designers got it wrong and move forward Gillon, anything else is self preservation and nonsense.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »
It was stuffing terrible to watch in the first half today, can barely see from first level looking across the ground when play is in the sun.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 10:30:12 PM »

His selection posers include whether Ben Griffiths and Tyrone Vickery can operate in tandem up forward.

"I'd like to go home, have a beer and then digest that one if that's all right," Hardwick said. "But both guys didn't do their chances any harm today. They're getting shots on goal, [although] we'd probably just like a few more through the big sticks."
What an idiot.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »

His selection posers include whether Ben Griffiths and Tyrone Vickery can operate in tandem up forward.

What an idiot.
Elaborate, please?

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 12:40:59 PM »
How has Vickery not done his chances any harm for Round 1 after that performance? Why does he need to go home and have a beer to make up his mind on what he saw today?

Vickery can't operate as a footballer regardless of who else is on the field or what structure we play. He offers absolutely nothing to our side IMO. I remember when they first started playing him and said he needed time to learn how to work forward and time to understand how to work with Jack and for us fans to be patient. Then they said he was important to our structures and we needed another big guy down there. Well, now we have another guy (Griffiths) who offers more than Vickery and instead of Vickery being pushed out the side Dimma decides to experiment and see if all 3 can play forward together. This fails now what?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »

What an idiot.
Elaborate, please?

Does he really have to?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 02:15:50 PM »

What an idiot.
Elaborate, please?

Once upon a time there was this guy called Vickery who was absolute Shyte truck as a footballer. Nobody lived happily ever after. The end
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »

What an idiot.
Elaborate, please?

Does he really have to?

Yeah would've thought it was pretty straight fwd

tony_montana

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 10:51:18 PM »
How has Vickery not done his chances any harm for Round 1 after that performance? Why does he need to go home and have a beer to make up his mind on what he saw today?

Vickery can't operate as a footballer regardless of who else is on the field or what structure we play. He offers absolutely nothing to our side IMO. I remember when they first started playing him and said he needed time to learn how to work forward and time to understand how to work with Jack and for us fans to be patient. Then they said he was important to our structures and we needed another big guy down there. Well, now we have another guy (Griffiths) who offers more than Vickery and instead of Vickery being pushed out the side Dimma decides to experiment and see if all 3 can play forward together. This fails now what?

Well said   :clapping

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 11:16:51 PM »
RFC - WHERE MIRACLES HAPPEN............one day.....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 01:21:50 AM »

Agree Al, I'm not a fan of the roof being closed but since the idiots stuffed it in the first place by building the ground the wrong way around then you can only do the best with what you have. And today it was diabolical trying to watch it on TV between the  light contrasts, let alone how hard it was for the players doing the same.  Just admit the original designers got it wrong and move forward Gillon, anything else is self preservation and nonsense.

How come? It's never dawned on me that people prefer it open