Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match media conference  (Read 2830 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Hardwick's post-match media conference
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »
Think a survey last year said that 60% of people said prefer it open.

But I think it depends on the question, Would you like the roof open on a nice day? Yes. What if it means you and the players can't see? No.

I'd say they only asked the first part.  ;)
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »

Agree Al, I'm not a fan of the roof being closed but since the idiots stuffed it in the first place by building the ground the wrong way around then you can only do the best with what you have. And today it was diabolical trying to watch it on TV between the  light contrasts, let alone how hard it was for the players doing the same.  Just admit the original designers got it wrong and move forward Gillon, anything else is self preservation and nonsense.

How come? It's never dawned on me that people prefer it open

Because it's an outdoors game played in the prevailing conditions.  Always has been, always should be.  People whinge about the game becoming too sterile and then we go and build sterile playing environments.   :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 05:51:28 PM »

Agree Al, I'm not a fan of the roof being closed but since the idiots stuffed it in the first place by building the ground the wrong way around then you can only do the best with what you have. And today it was diabolical trying to watch it on TV between the  light contrasts, let alone how hard it was for the players doing the same.  Just admit the original designers got it wrong and move forward Gillon, anything else is self preservation and nonsense.

Because it's an outdoors game played in the prevailing conditions.  Always has been, always should be.  People whinge about the game becoming too sterile and then we go and build sterile playing environments.   :banghead

Always been my sentiments as well Smokey but after weekend when had the even more farcical situation of having the roof half closed I've come to conclusion of just close the thing and be done with it

Time to end the farce
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 10:27:15 PM »

Always been my sentiments as well Smokey but after weekend when had the even more farcical situation of having the roof half closed I've come to conclusion of just close the thing and be done with it

Time to end the farce

Agree, and that's what I was alluding to in my original post -if you're going to have a stupid roof then close the bloody thing and at least make the game playable and watchable!!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
Bottom line is none of this half open bull!