Author Topic: Two Collingwood players test positive to performance enhancing drugs (Age)  (Read 9551 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
SNIP

:banghead :banghead

You know the rules about posting unfounded rumours

Posting a name and then saying "not sure if true or if it'd be him but" is exactly the sort of thing that legally is not on, can have massive ramifications for this site

Will leave it at that  :banghead
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:15:14 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Baddabing badda boom

https://mobile.twitter.com/tonysheahan

Anabolic steroid #clenbuterol is about to claim another 2 scalps. Two un-identified AFL players could be outed as early as this week.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
SNIP

:banghead :banghead

You know the rules about posting unfounded rumours

Posting a name and then saying "not sure if true or if it's be true but" is exactly the sort of thing that legally is not on, can have massive ramifications for this site

Will leave it at that  :banghead

All I said was Tom Bell lives with them FFS.
Are you going to go back and snip all the people who said Essendon are guilty? Seems all of that is unfounded rumours at this point. Just because some nuffer writes in a newspaper doesn't mean his word is gospel
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:13:02 AM by Yeahright »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
All I said was *insert player* lives with them FFS.

You really don't get it do you or do you just refuse to accept what we've posted regarding the legal implications of posts like that because you don't like it?

Our advise on these matters came from a lawyer, not someone on social media, a journo or law student but a long term lawyer with decades of experience.

What you posted is unacceptable because of how you worded it and by naming someone - end of story

Your Essendon analogy is a poor one because people's views on Essendon were opinions/are based on a story that was in the public domain. Massive difference

Seriously, I don't know how many times we have to explain the difference. 

And BTW, as of 6.45pm this evening this "rumour" is baseless and something that has been fabricated on social media (what a surprise)... so until that changes no names or clubs are to be mentioned on this site, no exceptiopns

Can I make it any clearer  :huh  :banghead

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Whatever.

My next question is why did you remove my post linking The Zanotti Files? Seen plenty of people post those links before no problem. Even old One-Eyed has.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Whatever.

My next question is why did you remove my post linking The Zanotti Files? Seen plenty of people post those links before no problem. Even old One-Eyed has.

I think I've already answered that in my previous post

But here you go again "so until that changes no names or clubs are to be mentioned on this site, no exceptions"

That link stupidly "named" players so it's gone as per the above highlighted in bold

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
 ::) ::) ::)

They all start off baseless. Essendon saga did and 3 years later there was still no evidence to prove them guilty  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
::) ::) ::)

They all start off baseless. Essendon saga did and 3 years later there was still no evidence to prove them guilty  :lol
But it was all reported in the media and it actually happened - at least in terms of a "deplorable" supplement program and poor governance. That's why Essendon were fined and kicked out of the first round of the draft and Hird was suspended for a year. There was "insufficient evidence" regarding today's anti-doping tribunal finding rather than no evidience.

Sam Maclure from 3AW talked about these rumors on social media regarding 2 new players from two clubs other than Collingwood and stated emphatically that they were not true. Mentioning names and stating that had committed an illegal act when it's not true, opens up the person, forum or organisation making these statements to legal action against them by that named person (i.e. defamation proceedings).

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Baddabing badda boom

Anabolic steroid #clenbuterol is about to claim another 2 scalps. Two un-identified AFL players could be outed as early as this week.

Clenbuterol is not a steroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a beta 2 sympathomimetic amine.  To be a steroid the drug must have a steroidal ring complex and this drug hasn't got that.  Think of it as a long acting ventolin.  However it is still banned under S1 anabolic compounds.  It is just not an anabolic steroid.  to be perfectly honest the evidence that it is anabolic is very sketchy.  It helps athletes lose fat without dieting which means you have a better power to weight ratio.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Baddabing badda boom

It is a beta 2 sympathomimetic amine.  To be a steroid the drug must have a steroidal ring complex and this drug hasn't got that.  Think of it as a long acting ventolin.  However it is still banned under S1 anabolic compounds.  It is just not an anabolic steroid.  to be perfectly honest the evidence that it is anabolic is very sketchy.  It helps athletes lose fat without dieting which means you have a better power to weight ratio.

That's what I'm sayin
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Baddabing badda boom

Can we lose weight by using an inhaler???
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Baddabing badda boom

Yes.

Squirt it three times into your hole after coffee.

Dr {}}{ aka D{}}{
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
 :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Baddabing badda boom

Yes.

Squirt it three times into your behindhole after coffee.

Dr {}}{ aka D{}}{
I think I put on two kilos so I don't think it works.....
Should I increase the amount of puffs and am I allowed to use the extension tube? ;D
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
 :huh

He said squirt it not shelve it
"Sliding doors moment.