Author Topic: Changes for the Bulldogs game?  (Read 4092 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for the Bulldogs game?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 07:43:26 PM »
IfHardwick is true to form hw will think he has the winning formula with the players he has and Deledio will be the only change. If Deledio wasn't rubbed out there would be no change.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 12:25:11 AM »
Out:
Lids
Newman
Gordon

In:
Lennon
Lambert
Astbury

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 03:08:31 AM »
Out:
Lids
Newman
Gordon

In:
Lennon
Lambert
Astbury

Gordon's a hack but he's also reasonably quick - not sure we should be reducing our leg speed against a side like Footscray, particularly with Deledio out as well. Would replace Newman with Butler, not another tall, then send Morris back to defence with Butler up forward.

Of course the only change that will actually happen is either Lambert or Knights in for Deledio. Hardwick rarely drops his regulars after losses, let alone wins - even a scrappy win over a crappy side like Carlton.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 03:44:12 AM »
The Barometer - Round 2
Herald-Sun
April 7, 2015

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Brett Deledio is the biggest worry. The match review panel will today look very closely at his high bump on Simon White in the opening seconds of Thursday night’s win against Carlton, and the verdict might not be good for Deledio, who was subbed off at three-quarter time to manage an ongoing Achilles problem. Hard to see anyone getting dropped on form; Nathan Gordon was the sub so could be last man out if coaches do want to make a change.

ON THE CUSP: Not Ty Vickery. Overlooked for Round 1, Vickery hurt his knee 10 minutes into a VFL practice match — the Tigers hope it’s not serious. Pushing their claims in that game were Chris Knights (28 disposals) and Kane Lambert (25). Stingray victim David Astbury played a full game in defence while Matt McDonough and Ricky Petterd were among the best.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: The Tigers won’t want to start as slowly as they did against the Blues. Memories of last year’s encounter against the Dogs, when they gave up a 37-point start and stormed home only to be denied by Daniel Giansiracusa, should guard against that. They will also be working hard to improve their centre clearance numbers after losing the stat 17-9 (including 11-3 in the first half) against Carlton. Dustin Martin will be keen to make up for a non-showing in Round 1 but might have Liam Picken for company.

http://www.news.com.au/national/the-barometer-injury-form-and-selection-predictions-from-every-afl-club-ahead-of-round-2/story-e6frfkp9-1227292943898

No More

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 10:30:44 AM »
Out:
Lids
Newman
Gordon

In:
Lennon
Lambert
Astbury

Gordon's a hack but he's also reasonably quick - not sure we should be reducing our leg speed against a side like Footscray, particularly with Deledio out as well. Would replace Newman with Butler, not another tall, then send Morris back to defence with Butler up forward.

Of course the only change that will actually happen is either Lambert or Knights in for Deledio. Hardwick rarely drops his regulars after losses, let alone wins - even a scrappy win over a crappy side like Carlton.

this is exactly right but the chances of it happening is just about 0

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »
Push Morris back, knights in for Newman.
Lambert for lids.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 01:08:27 PM »
people wont like this post but here goes anyway.
the game will be all about c/ps, 1v1s and tackling and the pressure that comes from it. wb laid 94 tackles on the weekend they play hard inside footy with good team pressure. once they win a ball they then get on thier bikes. they will make it a tackle fest and we better be ready.
i dont think they have an abundance of blokes who are exceptionally fast  no more than us.its work rate and spread that makes em look so fast.

if we dont match em inside and we cant apply pressure and we dont run both ways if we dont tackle and put players on the ground   then we are going to get beaten.

if fit and available for this game i would have had no hesitation in playing matt thomas. unpopular view i know.  very few people mention it but we really need a   big inside mid weather it was tuck thomas or hopefully we find a better standard player in coming yrs. in tight we know thomas will compete he will win contested ball and he will tackle and make em count. he playedwell against them last yr the way they play suits him imo. shame we cant select him. i only mention him because i think we need to find that big inside mid.

mathew boyd absolutely carved us up last yr if he plays on ball hes the one id put a hard tag into. he did it all last time, knocked up getting it with  c/ps, tackles. clearances i/50s you name it.
the other area is the ruck. last yr minson killed us. i know ivan didnt play that game but big will is one ruckman ivan has also struggled to combat. should we not contemplate useing hampson as well. just a thought. we got hamspud because ivan had trouble against some ruckmen   whats the point in having him on the list if we dont use him at all. again i wish we had a better option.

imo two players id definately be looking to play in this game is conca and lambert  and if deldedio is rubbed out petterd fwd. id also like to bring some one like knights into the fwd line and send morris back to where he belongs in defense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 01:26:36 PM »
Thomarse is a slow useless hack who won't help us at all....he's also still on the rookie list and so the point is moot anyway.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:46:04 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 01:30:41 PM »
Matt Thomas hahahaha
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »
Anddd Thomas has been injured.

Annnddd Miles is playing in his position with much more polish.

For mine:
Out: Lids, Newman
Ins: Knights/Lennon, Lambert

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 01:41:46 PM »
Lennon in for Lids and that's it

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
Rance, Grimes, Chaplin, Batchelor AND Astbury all in the same backline? You have to be kidding me

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
Lennon in for Lids and that's it

2 rising star nominations in 2 weeks  :clapping
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 02:10:48 PM »
Out:
Lids
Newman
Gordon

In:
Lennon
Lambert
Astbury

Agree. Should not be reducing leg speed against the bulldogs.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 05:00:49 PM »
Rance, Grimes, Chaplin, Batchelor AND Astbury all in the same backline? You have to be kidding me

Agree, Therefore if Astbury is to be bought in (which I think will happen) then either Batch or Grimes will give way. Neither probably deserve to be dropped as were ok but I would say Grimes made a few more mistakes and will make way.

Changes I think should happen

Out Lids, Grimes, Newman, Gordon
In's Astbury, Lennon, Knights, Lambert

Wont happen but might as well put what I would like to see.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!