Author Topic: Changes for the Lions game?  (Read 11679 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for the Lions game?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »
In the Mix: Round 3
Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
April 14, 2015

RICHMOND

A revamped forward line could be the answer for the Tigers after a lacklustre nine-goal performance against the Western Bulldogs.

Vice-captain Brett Deledio (calf) trained lightly on Tuesday and will need to prove his fitness on Thursday to return against the Brisbane Lions.

Shane Edwards (calf) will also need to pass a fitness test after he was a late withdrawal against the Bulldogs.

Another forward option is Chris Knights, who has produced back-to-back standout performances with the VFL Tigers, racking up 29 disposals and eight clearances on Saturday.

Defender David Astbury and tall forward Ty Vickery are both available for selection with Kane Lambert (shoulder) and Ricky Petterd (foot) both making way.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-14/in-the-mix-round-three

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »
In Butler, Knights, Vickery, Astbury, Edwards and Lids if available. Out Petterd, Batchelor, Newman, Lambert and Gordon

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »
Hardwick will only make the 2 forced changes. He believes you shouldn't tinker too much with the team

Out: Lambert, Petterd
In: Matthew Thomas, Vickery
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »
Hardwick will only make the 2 forced changes. He believes you shouldn't tinker too much with the team

Wont be happy   :banghead      I know your joking, least I hope I know your joking.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2015, 03:47:59 PM »

Wont be happy   :banghead      I know your joking, least I hope I know your joking.
Not joking at all that's what I'm expecting
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015, 03:56:47 PM »

Well on a side note,  does anybody know exactly who is on the Selection committee?

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »

Well on a side note,  does anybody know exactly who is on the Selection committee?

It appears to me that Elmer Fudd is on the selection committee

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2015, 04:24:56 PM »

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2015, 04:59:46 PM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

fb: morris - astbury - vlastuin.  morris goes back to his normal role drop mcintosh back to h/b. bring deledio in for run delivery and pace.
hb:mcintosh - rance - deledio.

mid: c ellis - cotchin - hunt. bring the young ellis in and give him a wing.
foll: maric - martin - miles. very tempted to put hamspud in.hes on the list gotta play him sooner or later.

hf: knights - riewoldt - edwards. knights is a monty edwards and butler to round out the sml fwd spots. time to see what butler can do its time to play some kids.  mckenzie instead of vickery
ff: griffiths - mckenzie - butler.

int: houli - thomas - gordon - b ellis. soft weak efforts should never be tolerated give ellis a warning by making him sub.
debut c ellis, butler, and mckenzie.
that will send a message to the whole freakin lot of em.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:15:46 PM by the claw »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 05:49:42 PM »

Not if he's on the rookie list

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 06:14:41 PM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

fb: morris - astbury - vlastuin.  morris goes back to his normal role drop mcintosh back to h/b. bring deledio in for run delivery and pace.
hb:mcintosh - rance - deledio

mid: c ellis - cotchin - hunt bring the young ellis in and give him a wing.
foll: maric - martin - miles. very tempted to put hamspud in.hes on the list gotta play him sooner or later.

hf: knights - riewoldt - edwards knights is a monty edwards and butler to round out the sml fwd spots. time to see what butler can do its time to play some kids.  mckenzie instead of vickery

int: houli - thomas - gordon - b ellis. soft weak efforts should never be tolerated give ellis a warning by making him sub.
Claw, I have to agree with most of that.  Knights for Petterd is a good call.  I'd keep Lids away from the HB line for now, if fit he should play as sub & look to him for some late run & carry.   
McKenzie is a must but I would play him at HF, pushing up to the wing to give our backs a marking target to bomb it to.  I'd rather see a 60mtr bomb out of defence & hope for a mark on the wing than to run around avoiding tackles with 2mtr handballs & coughing it up anyway.  If we lose it on the wing at least we bought a few seconds for our defence.  Belting it forward by 60mtrs is better than getting caught up in a forward press ... when the inevitable happens ...     
I still hold some hopes for Sam Lloyd as a small forward, at least he knows where the big sticks are & can kick a goal!  Would like to see C.Ellis & Butler too.  Brisbane are the right side to blood a few kids against, so do it now!         
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2015, 07:28:35 PM »
Knight killed it at vfl level on Saturday. HAS to come in otherwise something is very very amiss
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 09:25:52 PM »
Knight killed it at vfl level on Saturday. HAS to come in otherwise something is very very amiss
dont be silly its a line in the sand game and good form has no part in it. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol they need to be allowed to redeem themselves against that awesome lions outfit.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

hb:mcintosh - rance - deledio.

mid: c ellis - cotchin - hunt. bring the young ellis in and give him a wing.

hf: knights - riewoldt - edwards. knights is a monty edwards and butler to round out the sml fwd spots. time to see what butler can do its time to play some kids.  mckenzie instead of vickery

Not in a million years would hardwit deviate so auspiciously
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2015, 09:53:19 PM »
In Butler, Knights, Vickery, Astbury, Edwards and Lids if available. Out Petterd, Batchelor, Newman, Lambert and Gordon
Butler  :ROTFL he didn't even play in the reserves last week , any more screamers  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled