Author Topic: Changes for the Lions game?  (Read 11689 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Lions game?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 07:02:46 AM »
I don't care if Butler didn't play in the reserves. Take a punt. Rather take a risk than play Petterd again.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2015, 06:36:58 PM »
PLEASE NO VICKERY

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2015, 07:24:44 PM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

fb: morris - astbury - vlastuin.  morris goes back to his normal role drop mcintosh back to h/b. bring deledio in for run delivery and pace.
hb:mcintosh - rance - deledio.

mid: c ellis - cotchin - hunt. bring the young ellis in and give him a wing.
foll: maric - martin - miles. very tempted to put hamspud in.hes on the list gotta play him sooner or later.

hf: knights - riewoldt - edwards. knights is a monty edwards and butler to round out the sml fwd spots. time to see what butler can do its time to play some kids.  mckenzie instead of vickery
ff: griffiths - mckenzie - butler.

int: houli - thomas - gordon - b ellis. soft weak efforts should never be tolerated give ellis a warning by making him sub.
debut c ellis, butler, and mckenzie.
that will send a message to the whole freakin lot of em.

Not in a million years would hardwit deviate so auspiciously

That's great news

If the time came that any coach of the RFC thought along the same thought patterns as you and Claw I know the time has come to renounce my tiger membership

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 08:38:27 PM »
Grimes has done his hammy so there goes another one.
Outs Grimes, Petterd, Lambert,Vlastuin

In:  Astbury, Lennon, Knights, McDonough

Not losing much and gaining class ball users.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

fb: morris - astbury - vlastuin.  morris goes back to his normal role drop mcintosh back to h/b. bring deledio in for run delivery and pace.

foll: maric - martin - miles. very tempted to put hamspud in.hes on the list gotta play him sooner or later.

hf: knights - riewoldt - edwards. knights is a monty edwards and butler to round out the sml fwd spots. time to see what butler can do its time to play some kids.  mckenzie instead of vickery

int: houli - thomas - gordon - b ellis. soft weak efforts should never be tolerated give ellis a warning by making him sub.

That's great news

If the time came that any coach of the RFC thought along the same thought patterns as you and Claw I know the time has come to renounce my tiger membership
all good chucky your entitled to your opinion.
me i think of those 8 changes there is really only a risk or a bit of punt taking with two. butler and mckenzie.imo the rest are logical and speak for themselves.

the reasons behind wanting to play butler and mckenzie are simple.

i would never play vickery again until he fixes his weaknesses and for once in his career is forced to play damn good footy in the twos for a prolonged period  and earn a spot. i have no doubt it is time to treat many of our players this way.

i also think three talls is the way to structure up hence id throw mckenzie in the deep end. he  may be young and raw, but he at least has the physical attributes to play seniors .he cant really do much worse than what we have been served up over the yrs from some pretty ordinary players. ffs give him a few games if he goes okay we win if he struggles we win he has had the experience.
atm id give him newmans spot we get nothing from him and it enables us to go taller. again what is there to lose. we drop an old hack who should have retired yrs ago and we do something to help structure and give a kid experience.

butler  geez hes quick, he lays good tackles works hard without the ball and knows where the goals are.  its time to find a bloody good sml fwd aand he has the attributes. throw him in i reckon he has a better chance to shine with our better players around him than being stuck in the twos with the hacks getting belted each week, the same goes for mckenzie.
butler comes in for lloyd. last time i looked we play a bloke fwd because we lack pace and defensive pressure. lloyd is a part of that problem his pace or lack there of hurts us.

the last time i looked and its been an ongoing problem our fwd line is shizen and reliant on one player. we play one of our key fwds in the ruck for chunks of games leaving just one tall fwd and i cant remember the last time we had a 40 plus goal kicking sml who also defends.

you dont think knights will help up fwd. petterd is out for months and knights is a better player. what is not to like about that. we do something about the fwd half again instead of sitting on our hands lamenting the state of affairs up fwd..we also find a bloke who can be a part of rotations.

im not overly intersted in wins they dont mean a thing and wont get us anywhere. winning with a squad that can achieves success is what its about. finding that squad takes precedence atm.

astbury or chaplin. one has shown he can play 1v1 against bigger kpfs pretty well he has a way to go still but hes better than chaplin surely. he may be a part of that squad that can achieve.

deledio over grimes every day of the week in any position. you want pace plenty of run some accountability and good delivery or do you want grimes.

cory ellis in for the injured lambert. an inside mid with good skills a kid starting on a wing its ideal.

thomas for grigg id play thomas over the weak soft prick any day of the week. hes actually a big body inside that we dont have and he went okay last yr.

edwards for batchelor a mid for an unneeded defender  who can play neither tall or sml well.

me im happy with those calls i think they actually improve us in most cases.

me id like to hear a reasoned response but i suppose thats too much to expect. cmon ive put it out there why we should. your poo pooing it how about you put out there why not point thru point or more to the point change thru change.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

That's great news

me i think of those 8 changes there is really only a risk or a bit of punt taking with two. butler and mckenzie.imo the rest are logical and speak for themselves.

i would never play vickery again until he fixes his weaknesses and for once in his career is forced to play damn good footy in the twos for a prolonged period  and earn a spot. i have no doubt it is time to treat many of our players this way.

i also think three talls is the way to structure up hence id throw mckenzie in the deep end. he  may be young and raw, but he at least has the physical attributes to play seniors .he cant really do much worse than what we have been served up over the yrs from some pretty ordinary players. ffs give him a few games if he goes okay we win if he struggles we win he has had the experience.
atm id give him newmans spot we get nothing from him and it enables us to go taller. again what is there to lose. we drop an old hack who should have retired yrs ago and we do something to help structure and give a kid experience.

butler  geez hes quick, he lays good tackles works hard without the ball and knows where the goals are.  its time to find a bloody good sml fwd aand he has the attributes. throw him in i reckon he has a better chance to shine with our better players around him than being stuck in the twos with the hacks getting belted each week, the same goes for mckenzie.
butler comes in for lloyd. last time i looked we play a bloke fwd because we lack pace and defensive pressure. lloyd is a part of that problem his pace or lack there of hurts us.

the last time i looked and its been an ongoing problem our fwd line is shizen and reliant on one player. we play one of our key fwds in the ruck for chunks of games leaving just one tall fwd and i cant remember the last time we had a 40 plus goal kicking sml who also defends.

you dont think knights will help up fwd. petterd is out for months and knights is a better player. what is not to like about that. we do something about the fwd half again instead of sitting on our hands lamenting the state of affairs up fwd..we also find a bloke who can be a part of rotations.

im not overly intersted in wins they dont mean a thing and wont get us anywhere. winning with a squad that can achieves success is what its about. finding that squad takes precedence atm.

astbury or chaplin. one has shown he can play 1v1 against bigger kpfs pretty well he has a way to go still but hes better than chaplin surely. he may be a part of that squad that can achieve.

deledio over grimes every day of the week in any position. you want pace plenty of run some accountability and good delivery or do you want grimes.

cory ellis in for the injured lambert. an inside mid with good skills a kid starting on a wing its ideal.

thomas for grigg id play thomas over the weak soft prick any day of the week. hes actually a big body inside that we dont have and he went okay last yr.

edwards for batchelor a mid for an unneeded defender  who can play neither tall or sml well.

me id like to hear a reasoned response but i suppose thats too much to expect. cmon ive put it out there why we should. your poo pooing it how about you put out there why not point thru point or more to the point change thru change.

The three young players in Mckenzie, Ellis and Butler won't be played unless they do a Miles and force their way in with consistent VFL performances because the RFC believe they can make the finals.

You have also taken out four backman and only put in one.

I believe you should have another go at it as a 10 year old would find it hard to take it seriously

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 11:56:13 PM »

When? WP doesn't like rumours

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2015, 01:51:02 AM »

When? WP doesn't like rumours
No rumour about it. Confirmed by Mick Warner from the Herald-Sun on twitter:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

mickwarner @heraldsunmick twitter:

"Minor hamstring strain (again) for Richmond's Dylan Grimes ... Will miss one or two"

https://twitter.com/heraldsunmick/status/588278727856955392

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2015, 01:53:27 AM »
Vlastuin may be out too according to BF:

Tiger_man322 said: "Rumour that Vlastin done his ankle last week ..."

theflea said: "Yeah no rumour about it, was in the rooms mid quarter getting jabbed."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-2-brisbane-v-richmond-gabba-saturday-7-20pm-18-04-15.1093539/page-11#post-37971567

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2015, 06:58:02 AM »
I don't care if Butler didn't play in the reserves. Take a punt. Rather take a risk than play Petterd again.

Well you dont' need to worry Petterd won't be playing this week, he's just had surgery on his foot and is out a minimum 3 months; possibly longer
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:57:12 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 07:28:59 AM »
So in the last few weeks, we've lost Deledio (calf), Grimes, (hamstring), Conca (hamstring), Petterd (foot), Lambert (shoulder), Edwards (calf) and probably Vlastuin (ankle). Five of those are starting 22.

Wow.

I hope this trend doesn't continue.........
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »
Season over. We won't win another game until they're all back and we have 0 depth to cover
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 09:45:43 AM »
So in the last few weeks, we've lost Deledio (calf), Grimes, (hamstring), Conca (hamstring), Petterd (foot), Lambert (shoulder), Edwards (calf) and probably Vlastuin (ankle). Five of those are starting 22.

Wow.

I hope this trend doesn't continue.........

its good fodder for the apologists though

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

That's great news

The three young players in Mckenzie, Ellis and Butler won't be played unless they do a Miles and force their way in with consistent VFL performances because the RFC believe they can make the finals.

I believe you should have another go at it as a 10 year old would find it hard to take it seriously
very well done chuck. your typical non answer and shows you have nfi at all and the only contribution you make is veiled cheap shots at those who at least have the balls to put it out there.

we all know butler mckenzie and ellis wont play,  its not about what the club is going to do, a ten yr old can see that.  its  about the changes  we would like to see done.

oh by the way the last time i looked mcintosh, vlastuin, astbury, rance deledio and morris have all played in defense.and apart from mcintosh have all played well in defense at afl level.

its fine we can all see now.  you deep down  wish to continue with the petterds houlis griggs  newmans lloyds chaplins batchelors grimes lloyds gordons. i just wish you would get off the fence and come out and support em . or at least form an opinion on a topic.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 10:32:06 AM »
i can think of 8 changes
astbury - chaplin
deledio -  grimes
c ellis - lambert
knights - petterd
mckenzie - newman
thomas - grigg
butler - lloyd
edwards - batchelor

That's great news

very well done chuck. your typical non answer and shows you have nfi at all and the only contribution you make is veiled cheap shots at those who at least have the balls to put it out there.

we all know butler mckenzie and ellis wont play,  its not about what the club is going to do, a ten yr old can see that.  its  about the changes  we would like to see done.

oh by the way the last time i looked mcintosh, vlastuin, astbury, rance deledio and morris have all played in defense.and apart from mcintosh have all played well in defense at afl level.

its fine we can all see now.  you deep down  wish to continue with the petterds houlis griggs  newmans lloyds chaplins batchelors grimes lloyds gordons. i just wish you would get off the fence and come out and support em . or at least form an opinion on a topic.

I do support them, I am Grigg's number 1 fan on this site.