Author Topic: VFL Round 2: Richmond vs Frankston --- Sat. April 25  (Read 12069 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: VFL Round 2: Richmond vs Frankston --- Sat. April 25
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2015, 08:23:16 PM »
Really encouraging to see Vickery kicking goals when the result is a foregone conclusiin
Never mind the three players dropping back on him  :wallywink

Were you at the match?

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2015, 08:44:42 PM »
That's unfortunate as even though Frankston are ordinary, you missed some pretty good football from our guys.
Thanks for the update  :clapping

With all the FJ masterstrokes running around for us the lazy 9 goal victory was obviously the norm not the exception. ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:17 PM »
Timmy deserves a 3 year contract extension with this win against the Dolphins.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2015, 11:15:01 PM »
2015 Peter Jackson VFL

Frankston   0.0  0.1  3.6      7.7 (49)
Richmond    2.4  6.7  8.10  15.12 (102)

GOALS:
Frankston: Douglas 2 Newman  Gardiner  Pongracic  Irving  Cavarra
Richmond Tigers: Vickery 4 McBean 3 McGough 2 Lennon 2 C.Ellis  Wynne  Aarts  Hampson

BEST:
Frankston: Foote Cavarra Pickess Wilsen Tynan Douglas
Richmond Tigers: Foley Cachia C.Ellis McGough Wall Hampson

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v5/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=4138&pg=1&a=MR

----------------------------------------------------------------

They said it:
"Jarryd's (Jarryd Cachia) been getting better every week. He's now starting to improve his outside and we feel in the next two or three weeks, he will start to hit his straps," Richmond VFL coach Tim Clarke.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/vfl-wrap-majak-daw-dominates-against-gallant-roosters-20150425-1mt5w7.html

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2015, 09:51:31 AM »
Watched this game in the rain yesterday with the colourful locals. A few words on the players:

Dea - Instructed team mates all day in positioning and played a solid game. Very strong and always goes when its his turn to go. Reading the play in the back half was very good.

Hampson - The tap out king. Looked better around the ground taking a few marks and hitting up kicks. If only you could blend him and Maric together. Has great hands and delivers the ball to the mids but lacks aggression and doesn't provide any physicality out on the ground. Good game.

Vickery - His work rate was fantastic yesterday. Ran hard all day providing options and worked well with the other forwards. When playing ruck, he looked right at home. Tap work was very good but has agility at ground level which stands out against Maric and Hampson. If the coaching staff have the courage, i would play him as our first ruck for a period of time as I believe this is his best position. Very good.

Ellis - So impressed with every part of his game. Clean and wins hard balls whilst getting his hands dirty. Has time and space when in possession and makes the right decisions every time. I saw something special yesterday :clapping

McBean - Worked hard to get to the contests around the ground so his work rate was better. Played a little in the ruck and did some nice things. The pleasing thing for me was he was willing to get physical with the opposition when some of the younger boys got pushed around. I like the big boys throwing their weight around even McBeans weight! Not bad.

Lennon - I liked what he provided yesterday. Worked hard as a high HF and got involved physically which is not his strength. He should be played every week in the ones IMO as he is a pure footballer with skills better than most. Good game.

Menadue - Firstly he has added some size but is still slight. Great runner and ran all day along the wings. It looks like he is gaining confidence every week that he can play amongst bigger bodies week in week out. Gets into great positions around the ground and hits leading players on the tit all day long. Not afraid to work in close now which is great to see. He just looks like an AFL quality player. I would love to see him late in the season if he continues to gain confidence and starts to rack up possessions. Good game.

Foley - Comes in next week for sure. Great game and provided great leadership all day. BOG

McKenzie - He is a work in progress but boy can he take strong contested marks :thumbsup Worked hard yesterday in wet conditions but marked almost everything that came his way. I loved a few contested marks on the wing when the backs kicked it long down the line. The future!

Elton - He played a great defensive game in the first half, cant recall his opponent getting a kick. Moved forward due to a small Frankston forward line in the second half. Presented well and competed well but didn't get a lot of ball. Looks better in the back line and after some solid form, I believe he should come in next week against a tall Geelong forward structure. Solid

Short - Quick!!! if the opponent has the ball and he is within 10 metres watch out! Tackle machine :clapping Moves well around the ground and gets involved and uses his kicking ability to great affect. His kicks make that perfect pure sound very time...weapon :thumbsup Small forward and very handy indeed. Good game

Castagna - Provides great dash and again like Dea, is hard as a cats head :clapping Gets involved and runs hard out of the back line. Needs to spend a lot of time on his decision making and kicking but gives his all for the whole game. Promising

Thomas, Soldo, Butler didn't play.

Frankston will struggle this year so most of the game was played on our terms, which means most of the players had good games. In saying that, you see what you see and the above are my thoughts.

Foley, Vickery, Lennon, Ellis, Elton & maybe even Hampson should be considered this week.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »
Great report! :clapping

Thanks champ!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2015, 10:41:37 AM »
excellent report - thanks The machine

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
Thanks  mate. One of the best reas one to come to this site is the first hand info.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2015, 11:11:18 AM »
The Machine is a machine.

:thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2015, 12:49:08 PM »
Very Thorough report Machine. Thank-you

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »
Thx machine , grt report  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »
Really encouraging to see Vickery kicking goals when the result is a foregone conclusiin
Never mind the three players dropping back on him  :wallywink

Were you at the match?

:cheers

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2015, 01:32:19 PM »
It was a good day and I enjoy reading these reports from others during the year. When I can do the same, I will.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 03:25:32 PM »
The machine  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2015, 10:07:21 PM »
Foley, Ellis star in VFL Tigers’ first win

By Catherine Durkin 
April 26, 2015

AFL-listed midfielders Nathan Foley and Corey Ellis have led Richmond’s VFL team to an impressive 53-point win over the Frankston Dolphins on Anzac Day.

Ellis and Foley put their names forward for senior selection, along with key forward Ty Vickery, who booted four goals in the win.

Foley finished with a game-high 30 disposals and 16 clearances, including 12 touches and six clearances to quarter time.

Ellis was equally dominant around the contest. He finished on 24 disposals, 11 clearances and managed to push forward and kick a goal.

“Nathan Foley has now played his second or third game back. He’s an AFL quality player and our AFL team needs his ability to win the ball and get to contests,” VFL coach Tim Clarke said post-game.

“We need Nathan back in the team and, at the moment, hopefully he can get back in.

“Young Corey Ellis is really putting his hand up for selection now, he’s just been getting better every single week.”

Clarke was pleased with the way the team managed to bounce back after last week’s disappointing 15-point loss to Coburg.

“The boys were put under enormous pressure from Coburg and the boys didn’t handle it very well,” he said.

“We spoke about it during the week and we knew that Frankston were going to try and do the same thing. But our boys were much better in handling that situation.

“It was led well by the pressure our mids put on around the ball, to not only win it but also to put pressure on Frankston’s midfielders.

“Our forwards chased as well as I have seen them chase, and our backs protected as well as they have been able to so far this year.

“It was a real team effort, but it was led by the guys in the middle who just really won the contested ball all day.”

Others to impress included Shaun Hampson, who finished on an outstanding 69 hitouts, and Jaryd Cachia, who won 26 disposals and provided great run through the midfield.

Richmond will look to replicate their efforts next Saturday, when it faces Geelong at the ME Bank Centre in Round 3.

FINAL SCORES

Richmond            2.4          5.7          8.10        15.12.102
Frankston            0.0          0.1          3.6          7.7.49

BEST
Foley, Cachia, C.Ellis, Wynne, Barlow, McQualter, Hampson, Wall, Castagna, Vickery

GOALS
Vickery 4, McBean 3, Lennon 2, McGough 2, Hampson 1, Aarts 1, Wynne 1, C.Ellis 1

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-26/foley-ellis-star-in-vfl-tigers-first-win-