Author Topic: List Management  (Read 27908 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: List Management
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2015, 04:06:34 PM »
After the trade period, we have picks 12, 52, 88, 106, ... and now require a minimum 2 players to add to our senior list (to reach at least 38 senior-listed players).

One of these will be Lambert when he is promoted off the rookie list and the other pick 12. So, if I've got this right, we would need to delist one of more of Dea, Lloyd and Gordon) to use pick(s) 52 or higher.

What are we gonna find at picks 88+? Another couple of guys 4-5 years off who are 50 shades of poo away from ever being good enough to get a game
That will be the Club's view as far as the draft from their comments in the past. We could also, as Diocletian alluded to, delist one or more of Dea, Gordon or Lloyd, if we still plan to bring in a delisted free agent.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »
I argued we should have taken Oleg Markov last year with a late nd pick or rookie.. I hope we have at least looked at him this time around.I have a feeling the boat has sailed though i dont think he will be there at our third pick.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2015, 05:36:46 PM »
I argued we should have taken Oleg Markov last year with a late nd pick or rookie.. I hope we have at least looked at him this time around.I have a feeling the boat has sailed though i dont think he will be there at our third pick.
Was too light last year. Has he bulked up?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2015, 11:00:00 PM »
why not ask the question directly.
now posts as raoul duke
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2015, 12:41:13 AM »

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »

:clapping
That was good look into the crystal ball by claw a month out from the draft.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2016, 10:20:47 PM »
I think we sack Blair and FJ and bring in Claw, he'd do a much better job than both these bozos and for half the money. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2016, 10:35:59 PM »
Ok......we must never ever ever play the following players again......Hunt, Chaplin, Moore, Hampson Grigg.  Sorry guys but the fame has passed you.....

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2016, 10:41:03 PM »
Understatement of the century but geez the club have overestimated the quality of our list. Right across the park we have major deficiencies which quite frankly are going to take a long time to eradicate. Add to this the issue we have attracting talent to the club and this is just deja vu..... and dare I mention the "R" word. Our recruiters and those that continue to have faith in them have a lot to answer for.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2016, 10:42:42 PM »
Understatement of the century but geez the club have overestimated the quality of our list. Right across the park we have major deficiencies which quite frankly are going to take a long time to eradicate. Add to this the issue we have attracting talent to the club and this is just deja vu..... and dare I mention the "R" word. Our recruiters and those that continue to have faith in them have a lot to answer for.

Dimma

"We are just adding the cream"
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2016, 10:44:27 PM »

Dimma

"We are just adding the cream"
Unfortunately its sour cream  :lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2016, 11:40:07 PM »
How does Francis still have a job?
Blair "the list manager" Hartley is an absolute dud....Hampson, Hunt, Moore, Townsend, etc. etc.

Why don't we get better people that know how to properly facilitate perpetual list building like the swans, Hawks? 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2016, 11:43:17 PM »
How does Francis still have a job?
Blair "the list manager" Hartley is an absolute dud....Hampson, Hunt, Moore, Townsend, etc. etc.

Why don't we get better people that know how to properly facilitate perpetual list building like the swans, Hawks?
This.

It needs to be done ASAP.  We need to go to the best person out there and make them an offer they can't refuse.
I want our membership money to go into the top talent scouts in the business.

Edit: fixed quoting
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:25:56 AM by one-eyed »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2016, 01:27:56 AM »
Where is Blair these days by the way? He use to have a fairly decent public profile along with Dimma, Benny, Dan Richardson and FJ. Seems he's been banished from public view over the past 12 months or so with list management commentary left to Dan.

Anyway, Blair should be first to go if we're making any changes. As I said in the game thread, modern footy clubs need every major component of the footy dept. to follow best practices and make the right decisions, to achieve success. Our list management and recruiting is still substandard and we've been relying on the same name players in Cotch, Lids, Rance, Jack, Dusty and Ivan over the past 3 years to carry the side because we haven't brought in any "big fish" despite promising to do so. Add to that blind freddy could see we've been needing another quality experienced ruckman for the last couple years yet our gracious list manager and player analyst Blair thought otherwise  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2016, 04:26:20 AM »
Hartley should have been sacked seasons ago.Name the big names he was suppose to bring to the club one by one we missed out on and haven't even been close.All he has done along with the footy department recruit reject after reject from other clubs not even getting a game and in some cases giving away good picks, how a you suppose to improve the list year after year like that.

Were not brave enough to put a B. Ellis on the trade table or a Vickery no balls.Sick of the Port Power crap at the club to only one I keep is Choco.