Author Topic: Trent Cotchin press conference / 'Insipid' loss leaves Tigers with sour taste  (Read 2161 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cotch's press conference today ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-04-27/cotchin-press-conference-april-27th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Insipid' loss leaves Tigers with sour taste: Cotchin

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
April 27, 2015 1:13 PM

RICHMOND'S "insipid" performance against Melbourne has left a sour taste in the players' mouths, but captain Trent Cotchin says the team needs to move on quickly if it is to get its season back on track against Geelong.

The 2-2 Tigers were slammed by coach Damien Hardwick on Friday night as "not tough enough" after losing the contested ball (161-153) and kicking just six goals in the shock loss to the Demons.

Cotchin said the players were still disappointed as they arrived at Punt Road Oval and prepared to review the match in detail on Monday, but he was hopeful the key to reviving the Tigers' fortunes was not complicated.

"I think it's just tidying up a few things we know we can do and in the past we've shown we're capable of it. It's just a matter of doing it consistently," he said.

"That's where we're at as group. Whether it changes straight away, whether it takes a week or two, it's just those constant behaviours that will make us a better group.

"You never want to disappoint your coach, especially on behaviours that we respect very highly.

"We'll challenge each other as a playing group, whether that be on the track or in the game next week, to make sure our performance is more consistent."

The Tigers have a tough month, starting against the Cats on Saturday before matches against North Melbourne (Blundstone Arena), Collingwood (MCG) and Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval).

While focusing on addressing its shortcomings, Cotchin said the team couldn't afford to dwell on Friday's result.

"I think the great thing about our group is we're pretty aware of whether we're disappointing or not. It comes back to us and how strong we want to be on each other," he said.

"We want to take it to the best teams and that's our challenge, to make sure every week we give ourselves an opportunity to win a game of footy.

"I think at times we show we're capable of it but there's too many times in between where it's not.

"We need to have a really positive week on the track. What happened on Friday night is in the past now. We'll review it accordingly today and make sure we're at our best on Saturday.

The Tigers will assess vice-captain Brett Deledio later this week to determine if he is capable of returning from a calf injury, but tall forward Ben Griffiths (calf) looks set to miss at least one match.

Debutant Nathan Drummond faces up to 12 months on the sidelines after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament and Cotchin said the 20-year-old would have plenty of support in his recovery.

"It's horrible to see a kid who's worked really hard ... play a quarter-and-half of footy and do a serious injury where it looks like he's going to miss a fair chunk of footy," the captain said.

"We've just got to help him find the positives in having an injury at such a young age and the lessons you can learn from that. He'll have a lot of support from us."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-27/insipid-loss-leaves-tigers-with-sour-taste-cotchin-

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Can it, Cotchin

You can't even create a dynamic amongst your players which is what good captains do.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
one thing Ive learnt about trent cotchin is don't , just don't underestimate him  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
one thing Ive learnt about trent cotchin is don't , just don't underestimate him  :shh

The rest of us are sick of waiting two years for him to do something again.
I imagine his team is too
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:26:02 PM by WilliamPowell »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

I think one thing the rest of us have learnt about trent is don't overestimate him. What a rubbish captain
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Talk is cheap and I don't want to hear it

Besides IMVHO, comments about our lack of consistent and "that's where we are as groups" is well excruciating to read and hear. Why? Because it's we'll...crap. If we've really improved like we kept being told then we should be past this constant inconsistency in performance. Goods sides don't do it

I want to see actions on the field

So here's a tip Trent.. SHUT UP, start leading on the field (good start would nail crucial goals 35 metres out) and drag your teammates along with you
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
He is a rubbish captain but they're a rubbish team too.

Grown men who need another grown man to make them do what they're paid to do.

Unaccountable babies.
This isn't all Cotchins fault.
His individual performances are under scrutiny thus leading to the questioning of his captaincy.

Just once I wish these blokes would make a decision that resonates in their guts.
They'll never evolve until they recognise and appreciate accountability, whether it be in football, personal or life 

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Furthermore, I think the players have realised how far off they indeed are
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
One thing I've learnt in the last 12 months is don't underestimate Richmond , just don't  :shh

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why should be banned  , for having an alternate view  ::)....I'll happily walk away from here, in the past my mailbox has been overloaded with messages of support to stay, so what do I do  :o

Jackstar is back!!!

Talk is cheap and I don't want to hear it

Besides IMVHO, comments about our lack of consistent and "that's where we are as groups" is well excruciating to read and hear. Why? Because it's we'll...crap. If we've really improved like we kept being told then we should be past this constant inconsistency in performance. Goods sides don't do it

I want to see actions on the field

So here's a tip Trent.. SHUT UP, start leading on the field (good start would nail crucial goals 35 metres out) and drag your teammates along with you

Bronx cheers when he gets a goal from a set shot inside F50
Hopeless Captain who isn't a leader of men

On another matter , Attended an event at Punt Rd yesterday and if Jack and Rance aren't leaders, I give up
Jack is a natural leader

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
If it was a choice between you or him in the trenches I know who I would pick

Jackstar is back!!!

Those who know me would pick me Chuck
At least I would have a crack
Unlike our limp captain

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Why should be banned  , for having an alternate view  ::)....I'll happily walk away from here, in the past my mailbox has been overloaded with messages of support to stay, so what do I do  :o

Yes bo ...we all know about your "mailbox" ....it's the one made out of pure unicorn horn and sprinkled with fairy dust........

Those who know me would pick me Chuck
At least I would have a crack
Unlike our limp captain

"The internet - that's where I'm a viking!"
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Last time tigers STFU and let the actions speak, so fn sick of it!