Author Topic: The heavy Richmond PR spin after Friday's loss  (Read 1455 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
The heavy Richmond PR spin after Friday's loss
« on: April 27, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »
First it was Maric.

Then Cotchin in his RFC presser today.

Now it's bloody Morris in a story on the clubs website this afternoon.

Lads, we are not stupid. Stop wasting your breath with the PR spin and articles and bloody start playing football. ITS THE SAME OLD PR CRAP.   

A club more interested in reactive damaging control than proactively addressing the problems with the club itself.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: The heavy Richmond PR spin after Friday's loss
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:28:42 PM »
Groundhog Day

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »
First it was Maric.

Lads, we are not stupid. Stop wasting your breath with the PR spin and articles and bloody start playing football. ITS THE SAME OLD PR CRAP.   

A club more interested in reactive damaging control than proactively addressing the problems with the club itself.

Cant blame the club for thinking Richmond supporters are stupid, the majority keep backing the club in, if people made a stance and said you know what? go get stuffed! maybe they would realise, until then they think it works bc it does! Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind, a harsh wake up call is needed down there bc they are simply wayyyyy too comfortable

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »
We did last year then got on a 9 match winning run.

Freo crowd 22000 after North second half fade out.
Sydney crowd on Friday night.
Brissy and Port the latter at the dome.

Fans will jump off Nd others will downgrade memberships.

We are almost at a 1/2 to 3/4 rebuild sadly. :help

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 06:43:17 PM »

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 07:27:08 PM »
Can almost already see the first few minutes of the Cats game unfolding, we will come out all fired up but at our clumsy best. I bet we give away a stupid free at the centre bounce and within seconds a goal to the Cats will result. Then due to a skill error we will gift another one and at that point it will be like a kick in the guts to team morale and the Cats suddenly get back their mojo, all the talk of this week will amount to nothing. Don't like being pessimistic but how many times have we heard all this clap trap before only for it all to fall in big heap the next week. Add to this the fact that Hardwick's favourites get a game week in week without consistent performances means that supporters just get sick of all the smoke and mirrors.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »
Was there when we had 8000 odd, I'll stick it out but don't count on the rest of em tigers.
Worst team of the last 35 years and no improvement in sight :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 10:08:59 PM »
Can almost already see the first few minutes of the Cats game unfolding, we will come out all fired up but at our clumsy best. I bet we give away a stupid free at the centre bounce and within seconds a goal to the Cats will result. Then due to a skill error we will gift another one and at that point it will be like a kick in the guts to team morale and the Cats suddenly get back their mojo, all the talk of this week will amount to nothing. Don't like being pessimistic but how many times have we heard all this clap trap before only for it all to fall in big heap the next week. Add to this the fact that Hardwick's favourites get a game week in week without consistent performances means that supporters just get sick of all the smoke and mirrors.

I agree on much of the above Lozza other than I think we'll get the first goal possibly the first two, we'll miss a few easy ones including another Cotch set shot miss from 35 metres. Then Selwood will snag a captains goal, Hawkins will get another one immediately, Stevie J will show why he should never ever be the sub then slowly but surely the familiarity of result will ensue with all of our main protagonists at their average and below average best.

Quarter by quarter scores for Saturday's game.

Richmond  3-4-22    5-8-38   7-9-51    10-10-70
Geelong     3-2-20   7-4-46   11-10-76  16-14-110

That's 9 years winless against the handbaggers. :help

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:44:29 PM by Don Fistiki »

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »

I agree on much of the above Lozza other than I think we'll get the first goal possibly the first two, we'll miss a few easy ones including another Cotch set shot miss from 35 metres. Then Selwood will snag a captains goal, Hawkins will get another one immediately, Stevie J will show why he should never ever be the sub then slowly but surely the familiarity of result will ensue with all of our main protagonists at their average and below average best.

Quarter by quarter scores for Saturday's game.

Richmond  3-4-22    5-8-38   7-9-51    10-10-70
Geelong     3-2-20   7-4-46   11-10-76  16-14-110

That's 9 years winless against the handbaggers. :help

:lol :clapping

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
First it was Maric.

What exactly did they say u didn't like, I thought dimma said we weren't tough enough .....enough of the melodrama , I'm over it  :wallywink
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled