Author Topic: Who will surprise?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Who will surprise?
« on: September 02, 2005, 06:29:39 AM »
Putting on your psychic glasses, who do you think might do a Tuck or Pettifer and improve and surprise us next year?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Who will surprise?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 06:49:47 AM »
Schulz.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 09:15:33 AM »
shulz and moore

polo and meyer will also get more game time next yr

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 01:39:27 PM »
Schulz because he knows he has too :thumbsup

Meyer - I reckon will be the rising star smokee ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 03:01:11 PM »
Krakouer.

With Rodan and Meyer putting the pressure on for spots in the team Krakouer will finally decide to train properly and we'll see a different man.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 03:43:59 PM »
Simmonds - should become a very solid performer next season.
Newman - so clean with his disposal. I think he just needs someone to take him to one side and tell him how good he can be. Plough needs to break the shackles that playing as a back pocket can do. I'd like to see him off half back permanently where he could become a 90-metre footballer, run 35 and kcik 55 accurately.

And finally,

Knobel - with Simmo taking charge of the rucking duties, I fully expect Knobel to become a big bodied midfielder in the J. Brown/Kouta mould. Only then will we see what the Knob has to offer. A real smokey for the brownlow next season.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 04:01:56 PM »
Krakouer.

With Rodan and Meyer putting the pressure on for spots in the team Krakouer will finally decide to train properly and we'll see a different man.

I think time has passed him by. I love the way he chases and tackles, but if he is going to spend 90% of his time in the forward line, he needs to become a legitimate second goalkicking option. Pettifer has kicked 30+ goals playing further up the ground, offering more as a link up option. Krakouer is our primary small option in the forward 50, and it seems has only kicked 23.

Doesn't give much flexibility as a second option - will always need tall timber around him, unlike Russell Robertson, Scott Thompson for instance.

Should be traded IMO. I think his market value is possibly inflated because of the Krakouer name.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 05:21:57 PM »
Schulz.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 05:29:31 PM »

And finally,

Knobel - with Simmo taking charge of the rucking duties, I fully expect Knobel to become a big bodied midfielder in the J. Brown/Kouta mould. Only then will we see what the Knob has to offer. A real smokey for the brownlow next season.

ROOROORORRROFLFMMLFMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »
Krakouer.

I think time has passed him by. I love the way he chases and tackles, but if he is going to spend 90% of his time in the forward line, he needs to become a legitimate second goalkicking option. Pettifer has kicked 30+ goals playing further up the ground, offering more as a link up option. Krakouer is our primary small option in the forward 50, and it seems has only kicked 23.

Doesn't give much flexibility as a second option - will always need tall timber around him, unlike Russell Robertson, Scott Thompson for instance.

Should be traded IMO. I think his market value is possibly inflated because of the Krakouer name.

You're most likely right dude.

It's more wishful thinking on my part that he will be transformed from your garden variety one dimensional small forward into a muscle-bound hard running second tier midfielder. I wouldn't bank on the transformation happening, but it's something I'd like to happen.

Bulluss

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »
I also think Simmonds will dominate next season and be one of the best ruckman in the comp.

I also would like to see Hartigan develop into an attacking defender and possibly allow Newman to move into the midfield to become our attacking tagger ala Kirk from the Swans.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 06:07:29 AM »
Agree with Bully on Simmonds. Hopefully Simmo can continue and improve on the mobility and form he was starting to show in the last month.

Fingers crossed Sarge puts his head down over summer and turns his potential into a full season for Richmond in 2006.

Out of the young guys - Meyer. Get him into the gym and he'll be a good chance to play more than half the season.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 07:41:41 PM »
Sorry jake but the call on knobel being a brownlow smokey is bit more than i can take.

He is a salami as far as i'm concerned.

His woeful effort against north melb. confirmed this.

i wouldnt give 2 hoots if he went but he is probably contracted.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »
Knobel is a solid ruckmen, he won't be getting the AA ruck duties anytime soon but he is far from the worst ruckmen going around, plus he isn't a big softy and a big presence like his in the ruck and on the field can sometimes be invaulable!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 08:30:18 PM »
Sorry jake but the call on knobel being a brownlow smokey is bit more than i can take.

He is a salami as far as i'm concerned.

His woeful effort against north melb. confirmed this.

i wouldnt give 2 hoots if he went but he is probably contracted.

I hope you detected the hint of sarcasm.

But yeah, total hack, no future.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 08:32:01 PM by the_boy_jake »