Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 8, 2015  (Read 15390 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 8, 2015
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
We are a chance. Calling all Adelaide based Richmond supporters. You should already have purchased your seats long ago. Make alot of noise for the lads.  :gotigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 11:30:16 AM »
Not going to this one, actual no more interstate trips for me this year.... mainly due to work

Going top watch from the confort of my loungeroom with my 3 four legged kids who will no doubt sleep through the entire thing  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »
My four legged kid will stare at me the entire game - and start to shake .

Has been known to hide in the toilet during Richmond games.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 02:47:41 AM »
Match preview: Power v Tigers

Harry Thring
afl.com.au
May 19, 2015

SUMMARY

Richmond managed to silence its critics last weekend with a hard-fought win over Collingwood in which captain Trent Cotchin played one of the best games of his career. Conversely, Port Adelaide slumped to its worst loss under coach Ken Hinlkey. The Power's players have been slammed for their lack of intent, and with club veteran Kane Cornes to retire after his 300th game, they have everything to play for. The Tigers, too, will be out to prove they're capable of consistent football, but do scars from last year's disastrous elimination final at Adelaide Oval linger?

WHERE AND WHEN: Adelaide Oval, Sunday May 24, 4.10pm ACST

LAST FIVE TIMES
1EF, 2014, Port Adelaide 20.12 (132) d Richmond 11.9 (75) at Adelaide Oval
R17, 2014, Richmond 19.12 (126) d Port Adelaide 16.10 (106) at Etihad Stadium
R7, 2013, Richmond 18.6 (114) d Port Adelaide 10.13 (73) at AAMI Stadium
R23, 2012, Richmond 16.10 (106) drew Port Adelaide 16.10 (106) at the MCG
R6, 2012, Richmond 13.13 (91) d Port Adelaide 8.6 (54) at AAMI Stadium

THE SIX POINTS

1. Port Adelaide thrashed Richmond the last time these sides met – 100-79 marks, 32-20 scoring shots and 14 goals to three in the first half. Skipper Travis Boak starred with 34 disposals.

2. The Power have struggled to finish games in 2015 and have won only one final quarter while the Tigers have won six of seven last terms.

3. The Tigers have been favoured by the umpires in 2015 and lead the competition for free kicks with an average of 25 a game; Trent Cotchin is equal third for free kicks awarded with 20.

4. Port Adelaide’s scoring is down in 2015 compared to last season. The Power are ranked 11th this season averaging 81.7 points a game, while in 2014 they were second at 100 points a game.

5. This is the 26th meeting between the sides and Port Adelaide holds a clear advantage, winning 15 games to nine and one draw. However the Power’s final win in 2014 was their first over Richmond since 2011.

6. Trent Cotchin and Brett Deledio might be Richmond's biggest stars, but it's Shane Edwards who is the club's highest ranked player according to Official AFL Player Ratings. Edwards (No. 44) is almost 30 places higher than Cotchin (No. 72) and is 31 higher than Deledio (75).

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …
Kane Cornes will end his remarkable career on Sunday after notching his 300th senior game for the Power. The incredibly durable midfielder has won a record four best and fairest awards and will go down as one of the club's greatest players.

PREDICTION:Port Adelaide by 26 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-19/match-preview-power-v-tigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 07:54:56 PM »
RichmondFC twitter:

"We've arrived in Adelaide - a light run before #AFLPowerTigers tomorrow #gotiges"

Corey Ellis gets a feel for @TheAdelaideOval this afternoon #gotiges

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 10:24:53 PM »
If Port win they will be called the real deal and they're back on track. But what if Richmond win. No one will be saying we're the real deal our A game is back. Yet both are average teams this year. Port partly due to injury. Richmond partly due to form.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 07:46:46 AM »
No one will say Port is on track if they win today. No one will say we are either.
I'd say we'd get more favourable press if we win.
Unless they smash our heads in
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »
No one will say Port is on track if they win today. No one will say we are either.

Then its not an 8 point game, its a nothing game between two more than likely also ran sides

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »

Then its not an 8 point game, its a nothing game between two more than likely also ran sides

Probably  :snidegrin
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »
If Port win they will be called the real deal and they're back on track. But what if Richmond win. No one will be saying we're the real deal our A game is back. Yet both are average teams this year. Port partly due to injury. Richmond partly due to form.
Port have no injuries
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »

I dont think anyone will say port are the real deal for beating Richmond LOL.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »

If Richmond win as sure as poo on a shovel there will still be calls for him to be sacked

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »

If Richmond win as sure as poo on a shovel there will still be calls for him to be sacked
Because we should have won by more or because he played Rance in the middle for a short time last week?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 03:45:20 PM »
Menadue is the sub.

Port Adelaide v Richmond at Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm
 ACST

NO LATE CHANGES

FINAL INTERCHANGES

Port Adelaide: Hamish Hartlett, Matt White, Nathan Krakouer
Substitute: Karl Amon

Richmond: Anthony Miles, Taylor Hunt, Steven Morris

Substitute: Connor Menadue

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-24/final-teams-sunday

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »
Our first quarters have been crap this year. About time we started a game well, especially after what happened last year in the first 15 mins.

Cotch won the toss again. No breeze apparently  :snidegrin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd