Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 8, 2015  (Read 15431 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 8, 2015
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2015, 07:28:15 AM »
How did we think big Griff went tonight?
I think the bare minimum last week for Tyrone was 3 goals and 6 inside 50's.
I remember seeing his opponent Hombsch a few times??
Anyway that snap pass to Jack in the last quarter was Champagne football.  :shh
Great win today.  :gotigers

Thought he was ok actually.

11 disposals, 7 of them contested, 5 marks, 3 inside 50's, 5 tackles and a goal.  More contested possessions and tackles in one game than TV has had all year

anyhow, great win.. there was a hard edge about us today, laid 87 tackles, hoping its a sign of things to come  :cheers
Tone, you cannot be serious! His opponent had 17 kicks, 5 handballs, 12 marks and 4 tackles. And IMO was their best player.
Without Jack our forwardline is stuffed. He is the only guy that kicks goals and most of the time he is helping out on the wings. We need guys that can hit the scoreboard and Griff just isn't the answer. TV is a lot of things but what he does do is hit the scoreboard.
How many times last night did we come out of our back line with nothing to kick to, Griff needs to be that guy but he was nowhere to be seen.
A few on here think Morris falls over all the time, take a look at Griff, he spends more time on the ground than he does standing. And it's not because he is moving to top speed it's because it's an easy option.
For a first round pick, in his 6th year, surely we can expect more from him?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2015, 07:44:40 AM »
So are we the real deal? Port pretenders? Our A game back? Or just another game between middle roaders.

The last bit. Good win between 2  6-10th spot teams

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »

11 disposals, 7 of them contested, 5 marks, 3 inside 50's, 5 tackles and a goal.  More contested possessions and tackles in one game than TV has had all year

anyhow, great win.. there was a hard edge about us today, laid 87 tackles, hoping its a sign of things to come  :cheers
Tone, you cannot be serious! His opponent had 17 kicks, 5 handballs, 12 marks and 4 tackles. And IMO was their best player.
Without Jack our forwardline is stuffed. He is the only guy that kicks goals and most of the time he is helping out on the wings. We need guys that can hit the scoreboard and Griff just isn't the answer. TV is a lot of things but what he does do is hit the scoreboard.
How many times last night did we come out of our back line with nothing to kick to, Griff needs to be that guy but he was nowhere to be seen.
A few on here think Morris falls over all the time, take a look at Griff, he spends more time on the ground than he does standing. And it's not because he is moving to top speed it's because it's an easy option.
I think you'll find that he wasn't on that particular player all of the time as he was in the ruck giving Maric a chop out.
Hombsch got better after Vickery went off because Griff had to go into the ruck to cover him. I actually thought it was the first time that Griff and Tyrone worked well together. Pity Tyrone missed that goal that was set up with a great tap from  Griff. Even though I bag Tyrone, he has stepped up in the last two weeks and just as the chemistry between the two was starting to blossom poor old Tyrone got that knee injury.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
I liked when Hardwick  shook hands & embraced Cornes after the match and Bobblehead Hudson on Fox Footy said "Hardwick was the in the (Port) box as an assistant in 2004" ...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2015, 07:51:19 PM »

I think you'll find that he wasn't on that particular player all of the time as he was in the ruck giving Maric a chop out.
Hombsch got better after Vickery went off because Griff had to go into the ruck to cover him. I actually thought it was the first time that Griff and Tyrone worked well together. Pity Tyrone missed that goal that was set up with a great tap from  Griff. Even though I bag Tyrone, he has stepped up in the last two weeks and just as the chemistry between the two was starting to blossom poor old Tyrone got that knee injury.
Granted Griff wasn't on Hombsch when he was in the ruck. What did you think of his game saying all that?
I hope McBean can come in and play a roll this week. We simply need more goals from our key forwards.
4 from Jack, 2 from Griff, 2 from TV/McBean and 6 odd between the mids and HF and we win more games than we lose.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »

Granted Griff wasn't on Hombsch when he was in the ruck. What did you think of his game saying all that?
I hope McBean can come in and play a roll this week. We simply need more goals from our key forwards.
4 from Jack, 2 from Griff, 2 from TV/McBean and 6 odd between the mids and HF and we win more games than we lose.
I thought Griff did his part for the team but no more than that.  He needs to run harder into space and lose his man a bit more.  Just a pass for the game.  I still think Tyrone and Ben will play better together than on their own.  Having said that, I'd like Reece McKenzie to eventually get a few games this year but he isn't getting regular stints in the twos for some reason so that may be unlikely. He has more upside than than many of our forwards.  Liam McBean needs to hit the scoreboard.  It is hard for forwards these days.  Look at the number 1 pick, million dollar man Tom Boyd.  How many goals has he kicked this year evenwhen the doggies have been playing well?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:39:47 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2015, 08:36:09 PM »
Watching smart replay, the first goal we got from Batchelor, McIntosh hits Morris on the lead and Pittard runs over the mark by about 20 metres!!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2015, 02:46:31 AM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick & Hinkley)

10 Jack Riewoldt (Rich)
8 Dustin Martin (Rich)
5 Brandon Ellis (Rich)
4 Brett Deledio (Rich)
2 Jack Hombsch (PA)
1 Kane Cornes (PA)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-25/aflca-votes-round-eight

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2015, 02:19:59 PM »
I don't know what game I was watching .....maybe I was just absorbed in the contest

But I didn't notice Dusty at all - apparently 2nd BOG
Unleash the tornado

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2015, 02:57:47 PM »
Not sure if covered here but on Facebook there is mention of Kane Cornes ignoring Choco when being congratulated on ground after the game by Hardwick and Lade, does anyone have some background to this?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2015, 03:03:15 PM »
No issue - they hugged before the guard of honour.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2015, 01:53:28 AM »
I don't know what game I was watching .....maybe I was just absorbed in the contest

But I didn't notice Dusty at all - apparently 2nd BOG

Personally I sneaked him in for 1 vote in my 3-2-1, behind Jack and Maric I think it was.

Definitely up there though. His efforts to drive the team forward into the attacking 50m in the 4th quarter were the difference.