Author Topic: Delistings  (Read 4894 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Delistings
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 05:19:26 PM »
If Foley and Thursfield are promoted

What are u saying here boss? lol  ;) :rollin

Not off the Net ;) :shh

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 06:01:13 PM »
dont understand why ppl think foley cant make the grade! he is more in and under than cogs, he is like a terrier in the packs and is as good and exctractoras anyone and skills are good and is nimble and quick. he was a noticeable plus for our midfield in every game he played and this would enable us to free up sugar to play half back or wing where  he belongs

I'm just concerned he'll be another Craig Ednie. He too has good skills and footy smarts but was sadly just too small for modern day footy. 20-30 years ago these small blokes would probably be classic rovers but the bigger bodies of opponents now days can too easily push these small guys off the ball in one-on-ones.

In saying that I'd be more than happy for him to make me eat my words. And it wouldn't be the first time either as I didn't think much of Hyde before seeing him and his new found pace in our first intra-club match this year.

with that logic i guess rodan is finished also , he is too small 4 modern day footy also

Footy and team sports in general evolve with time so small blokes may return one day in numbers but in recent times only those with exceptional pace, acceleration and freakish skills make it to the highest level. Remember the only reason Rodan was still available at pick 33 was because his small size put other clubs off. The good conditions of the grounds, the uncontested nature of modern footy and 6 ft+athletes playing the game mean the ball spends more time in the air and less on the ground than it ever did before.

One thing Rodan does have which other small blokes don't is he's built like a human cannonball so it's harder to push him off the ball.   

Bulluss

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 07:04:35 PM »
The difference between Foley and Rodan is as MT stated there size but also there pace. Foley is also pretty slow, which is a concern to me as he will always get exposed defensively.

I also dont think Foley can make it or is up to it, also hope that he proves me wrong but in saying that i dont think he should be promoted either.

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 06:17:44 AM »
What about Tiv he has one year left on his contract the perfect time to get a trade for him maybe an early 2nd Rnd pick or an experienced player, I've heard the Pies are interested as they look to let Woewodin go.
GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 05:52:26 PM »
Look out trade week. We may be as happy at 2pm Friday Oct 7 as we were after last year's ;). Well nearly - a bit hard to top getting Simmonds for Fiora and 2 first round picks for Otto.

Bulluss

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 06:28:18 PM »
Craig Hutchinson just reported on Ch7 news that Rory Hilton has been told by the club that he WONT be offered another contract.

Its time to go, Rory.

About time i think, i didnt mind him at his best but he has had enough time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 06:38:04 PM »
Yeah I heard Hutchy on Ch 7 news too.

So that makes the official list of departures 3

Campbell, graham and now Hilton - subject to trades I reckon 1 or 2 at the most to go
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 07:14:19 PM »
If Rory has gone then morrison will be gone soon as well and thatll make 4.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 02:44:49 AM »
And poor Archy will make it 5 gone with one or two others to go during trade week :shh.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 01:02:23 PM »
Forgot to post this the other day - been crook with a nasty infection amongst other things  :'(  :help

I think that Morrison and Archibald are gone

At the B&F (which I briefly attended :help) they were thanked for their services.

Niether Hilton or Morrison were there on Friday but full credit to Kyle - he showed what a fine young bloke he is by showing up on Friday night bloody tough for the kid I reckon - he's a class act Archie :bow :thumbsup

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 02:34:52 PM »
kyles a good kid, i would rookie him if that is possible. Him showing up showed courage and mental strength...sadly these things have been in short supply at Punt Rd for over 2 decades now. Rookie him, give him a chance...hes a big lump of a kid...cant do any worse than give him another chance...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 05:29:49 PM »
I think that Morrison and Archibald are gone

At the B&F (which I briefly attended :help) they were thanked for their services.

Surprised the Club haven't made an official announcement when it's been made public at the B&F  ???.

We rookie listed Dragga so Archy could be put on our rookie list next year with Thursty and Foley elevated to the senior list.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
It's Official: Tiger trio delisted
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 04:06:46 PM »
Tiger trio delisted

12:25:38 PM Wed 19 October, 2005
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond has delisted three players - Rory Hilton, Shane Morrison and Kyle Archibald.

The Tigers have now made five changes ahead of the October 31 deadline for clubs to submit their final lists, with former skipper Wayne Campbell and defender Mark Graham both retiring.

Richmond Director of Football Greg Miller said: "We've spoken to Rory Hilton, Kyle Archibald and Shane Morrison, to add to the two retirees. We've now confirmed that they (Hilton, Archibald and Morrison) won't be continuing with us next year."

Hilton played 91 AFL matches - including 82 with Richmond - from 1998-05. He played nine matches for the Brisbane Lions in 1998 before shifting to Punt Rd.

The third player selected in the 1996 AFL Draft by the Brisbane Lions, Hilton battled knee and hamstring injuries, particularly in the early and latter part of his career.

Miller praised Hilton's efforts to play almost 100 matches in a injury-interrupted career.

"With Rory, he's had a good career, particularly with his injuries and he played 10 senior games this year and he's been a fine servant and a great clubman around the footy club," Miller said.

"It's just been unfortunate that he hasn't had a clear run at it and probably the first clear run he had was this year, when he played the last nine games in the seniors."

Morrison, also a former Lion, played five matches for the Lions from 2002-03 before he was claimed by Richmond in the 2003 NAB AFL Draft at No.64.

Archibald spent two seasons on Richmond's list, but played just four for the Coburg Tigers in 2004, his year ruined by osteitis pubis.

He managed to play a full season in the VFL in 2005 but was unable to play a senior AFL match. He was the final player selected in the 2003 NAB AFL Draft.

Meanwhile, Coburg Tigers ruckman Michael Rix won his club's best-and-fairest award with 28 votes to pip Nathan Foley by one vote. Foley played just 10 matches for the year in the VFL, while Morrison ran third with 24 votes.

Foley has now been promoted to Richmond's senior list after two years on the rookie list. He also made his AFL debut this year, playing six matches.

Will Thursfield, Richmond's other rookie listed player in 2005, has also been promoted to the senior list for 2006. He too played six matches for Richmond this year.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=234763

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 04:37:49 PM »
Unless there's a fourth delisted or Rodan goes then it looks like both Richo and Gas will go onto the Veterans' list and off the seniors' list of 38. Leaving us with a maximum of 4 rookie spot available.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 04:44:36 PM »
Unless there's a fourth delisted or Rodan goes then it looks like both Richo and Gas will go onto the Veterans' list and off the seniors' list of 38. Leaving us with a maximum of 4 rookie spot available.

I reckon there will be a fourth delisting ;)

Who it will be - now that's the million dollar question