Author Topic: The Top 8  (Read 34787 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
The Top 8
« on: May 31, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »
I have reasonably modest expectations for this season - I would say winning 1 final would be "mission achieved" as I'm expecting that this will be the end of season where we commence a more aggressive approach to free agency and trading.

On that basis, last nights win was critical.
If you assumed a loss next week, we go into the bye at 5 & 5 with hopefully a decent %.

After Freo, our next 5 are Eagles, Swans, GWS, Carlton & St kilda.
With home games against the Eagles and GWS, I would be thinking we should be seriously expecting a 4 & 1 split before the final 7 rounds.

At 9 wins and 6 losses and a decent %, we can go 3 & 4 when playing Freo (at home), Hawks, Crows (away), Gold Coast (home), Collingwood, Essendon and the Kangas with 12 wins and % probably getting you in the 8 in an even year.

A loss last night would've made it pretty tough.

A tough run home but there is definitely 3-4 wins there if we can maintain our current effort and intensity which is compensating for a slight lack of class.

Finals again still makes us mid tier but with money, facilities and continued improvement from our younger brigade of Ellis (x2), Menadue, McIntosh, big Benny G and a resigned Alex Rance  :pray, there is something to pitch to the likes of Dangerfield, Sheils (if he doesn't resign) or even trading for some of Carltons talent to start building the class and depth which will help us challenge the top 4 sides.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: The Top 8
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »
Top 4 not out of question  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if we just miss out on 11-11 but we'll see.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »
A fantastic win on Friday along with a bit of a margin means we have a great opportunity to set up our season in the next 6 weeks.
We should beat the Eagles and critically have a block of games which are all winnable - GWS, Saints and the Blues.
A record of 10 & 5 almost seems unthinkable from a month ago, my question is whether the team has the maturity and desire to set up another finals appearance while making up ground on Eagles and GWS.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
We have a decent draw coming up. But problem is, over time, we've shown that's our achilles heel..

We can possibly win 15.

West Coast @ home - should win at home
Sydney @ SCG - tough ask, we won their last year but they'll be dirty on that last year. loss

then we go on a nice easy run

GWS at MCG
Carlton at MCG
Saints at MCG

should get 3 wins there and a top 4 will be firming hard.

Freo and then Hawks at MCG. Tough ask to get 2 wins their after playing 3 mediocre teams. We beat Freo at Subi, why can't we beat them at home. Hawks will be a 90k crowd winner possibly gets 3rd or 4th loser may just miss. Think we may lose both

Adelaide away will be a big game again. We won last year. We will bounce back on the road for a win.

Then nice MCG run with Gold Coast, Collingwood and Essendon (who will be tanking) 3 wins.

and then North to finish off, who we just can't beat.

I reckon we will get 8 wins from that. (WCE, GWS, CARL, ST.K, ADEL, GC, COLL, ESS)

If we can knock of the bloody Roos, Hawks, Freo at home or even Syd away again that will give us 15 wins which should be enough for top 4.
Go Tigers!

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 02:10:54 PM »
Confident we can stay in the 8 playing like we are, but worried that in some way the Melbourne and bulldogs games will come back to bite us somehow.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »
West Coast and GWS are big games. Win those and we're looking pretty good.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »
Confident we can stay in the 8 playing like we are, but worried that in some way the Melbourne and bulldogs games will come back to bite us somehow.

Have been really impressed with how we've played and how they've answered the critics week on week.
I do believe though those games will haunt us come seasons end.
There's 12 games left, win 50% and maybe finish 8th.
Win 75% of those games and sure we're knocking on top 4.

Can we keep up our current form to win enough?  I hope so
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »
Gws won't be as easy as people think. Toss a coin
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »

Agreed although I'm holding out some hope that their youngish list might tire a little by the time we get to them.
It's that simple Spud

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 04:09:36 PM »
Don't forget peoples, it's likely our (and other teams) form will ebb and flow a couple times in the second half of the year. Nothing is set in stone. There are only probabilities and possibilities. 

Agreed although I'm holding out some hope that their youngish list might tire a little by the time we get to them.

Same here.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 04:39:59 PM »
WCE and Giants at the MCG. Should win both.

Sydney in Sydney is the issue. Hopefully that doesn't destroy us...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »
Looks like you'll need 13 wins, or at least 12 wins & a high %, to make the Top 8 this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:30 PM »
Matthew Richardson's ladder predictions for the 2015 AFL season

3AW
    June 17, 2015 - 7:25PM

Matthew Richardson believes Hawthorn and Sydney will face-off for the premiership again this year.

The Richmond great took at look at this season's remaining fixtures to come up with his final ladder after 23 rounds.

He then gave his predictions for the finals.

"You can only come unstuck doing this sort of thing," Richo said with a laugh on Sports Today.

But he gave it a crack anyway...

RICHO'S TOP-EIGHT AT THE END OF THE SEASON

1.    Fremantle (20 wins)
2.    Hawthorn (18 wins)
3.    Sydney (18 wins)
4.    West Coast (15 wins)
5.    Adelaide (14 wins)
6.    Collingwood (13 wins)
7.    Richmond (13 wins)
8.    Geelong (13 wins)

Richo's predicting heartache for fans of North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs.

He expects the two clubs to miss out on finals on percentage alone.

He also discussed the finals fortunes of Fremantle and West Coast, which led former teammate Nathan Brown to make a bold call about the current ladder leader and their biggest rival.

"I reckon West Coast will be better than Fremantle by the end of the year," Brown said on Sports Today.

"I said three weeks ago Fremantle couldn't win it and people bagged me."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/matthew-richardsons-ladder-predictions-for-the-2015-afl-season-20150617-ghqlo7

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 12:03:36 PM »
Matthew Richardson's ladder predictions for the 2015 AFL season

3AW
    June 17, 2015 - 7:25PM

Matthew Richardson believes Hawthorn and Sydney will face-off for the premiership again this year.

The Richmond great took at look at this season's remaining fixtures to come up with his final ladder after 23 rounds.

He then gave his predictions for the finals.

"You can only come unstuck doing this sort of thing," Richo said with a laugh on Sports Today.

But he gave it a crack anyway...

RICHO'S TOP-EIGHT AT THE END OF THE SEASON

1.    Fremantle (20 wins)
2.    Hawthorn (18 wins)
3.    Sydney (18 wins)
4.    West Coast (15 wins)
5.    Adelaide (14 wins)
6.    Collingwood (13 wins)
7.    Richmond (13 wins)
8.    Geelong (13 wins)

Richo's predicting heartache for fans of North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs.

He expects the two clubs to miss out on finals on percentage alone.

He also discussed the finals fortunes of Fremantle and West Coast, which led former teammate Nathan Brown to make a bold call about the current ladder leader and their biggest rival.

"I reckon West Coast will be better than Fremantle by the end of the year," Brown said on Sports Today.

"I said three weeks ago Fremantle couldn't win it and people bagged me."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/matthew-richardsons-ladder-predictions-for-the-2015-afl-season-20150617-ghqlo7

I'm not sure where this eagles hype comes from. If they beat us on Friday I might take some notice.

2 noticeable scalp so far this season in Port & Geelong (at Domain). The rest of their wins have been against sides that won't feature in finals this year.

If we beat them this week, they will struggle to make finals, let alone top 4.

Detka! Detka! Detka!