Author Topic: Adam Goodes Booing  (Read 61655 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Adam Goodes Booing
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »
If I was a Sydney supporter and they made Geelong forfeit then I'd disguise myself as a rival supporter for away matches and boo Goodes....they could end winning the flag without even kicking a ball...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »
heard some snippets of KB saying that if Goodes thinks him being booed is racist, then it is.

stuff me sideways.

One bloke i know would write himself off and get kicked out whatever establishment he was making and arse of himself in, then always claim it was because he is black.

So according to KBs theory, he is correct.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2015, 02:48:19 PM »
Love kB
But nfi in regard this
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »
So do we now all have to check with Goodes first to see what jokes are funny? Shall we also now despense with the courts and defer all legal matters to him as well? Will he now decide what news is fit to print? Obviously he's now the new national arbiter of all ultimate truth.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
heard some snippets of KB saying that if Goodes thinks him being booed is racist, then it is.

stuff me sideways.

One bloke i know would write himself off and get kicked out whatever establishment he was making and arse of himself in, then always claim it was because he is black.

Its not up to the individual antagonizing to determine if their actions are racist or not, its completely up to the individual on the receiving end. If I called you a stuffing prick, how is it fair if I determine whether I'm offending you or not? If you're offended, you're perfectly entitled to let people know.

There was a time when the N word was used and not considered offensive, how things have changed.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »
Is jeering also prohibited. ?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2015, 07:34:48 PM »

stuff me sideways.

What a load of crap

Its not a debate in a women's only room At university

Its booing a professional footballer

Its not up to the individual antagonizing to determine if their actions are racist or not, its completely up to the individual on the receiving end. If I called you a stuffing prick, how is it fair if I determine whether I'm offending you or not? If you're offended, you're perfectly entitled to let people know.

There was a time when the N word was used and not considered offensive, how things have changed.

What a load of crap

Its not a debate in a women's only room At university

Its booing a professional footballer
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »

stuff me sideways.

Yes and now black people use it in every other sentence and rap "song" instead. Progress.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2015, 07:51:16 PM »

stuff me sideways.

So old mate was correct when he claimed he was kicked out because he was black, solely because he said it was?

seroiusly? its not about about if he finds it offensive, its about automatically swallowing the race card.

let me give you another example.

last season we had an opposition player reported for attempting to strike one our player, repeatedly. luckily our player was a copper and knew how to counter the onslaught.

The offending player then got on facebook and claimed they were racially villified. Naturally everyone instantly condemned our players, even though this person admitted that it was not even the person they tried to belt up, that said it.. now i'm sure you are of the ilk that would believe this person and instantly put down your latte and cry blue murder, just because they said so - who is anyone else to say other wise hey, they are black so of course any accusation of racism must be so?

while i never found out what was actually said, i did determine that one of our players was indeed sledging the culprit, but funnily enough is actually darker skinned.....

but hey, they claimed it to be racially based so it must be?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
Its not up to the individual antagonizing to determine if their actions are racist or not, its completely up to the individual on the receiving end

Not when get played 100,000s to play footy

And someone boos you

Then you are a big girls blouse

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2015, 09:04:31 PM »

stuff me sideways.

So old mate was correct when he claimed he was kicked out because he was black, solely because he said it was?

seroiusly? its not about about if he finds it offensive, its about automatically swallowing the race card.

let me give you another example.

last season we had an opposition player reported for attempting to strike one our player, repeatedly. luckily our player was a copper and knew how to counter the onslaught.

The offending player then got on facebook and claimed they were racially villified. Naturally everyone instantly condemned our players, even though this person admitted that it was not even the person they tried to belt up, that said it.. now i'm sure you are of the ilk that would believe this person and instantly put down your latte and cry blue murder, just because they said so - who is anyone else to say other wise hey, they are black so of course any accusation of racism must be so?

while i never found out what was actually said, i did determine that one of our players was indeed sledging the culprit, but funnily enough is actually darker skinned.....

but hey, they claimed it to be racially based so it must be?

And that's the issue. No one in society should feel that they are above being challenged - no matter what the issue or topic being debated.
If you play with fire......
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2015, 10:37:57 PM »

stuff me sideways.

It's alright to say you are offended, but calling it racist is completely different.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »

and if i then claimed it was racist, it would be?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »

Beat me to it al

So just so I am clear

If sometihng is said to me that I find racial offensive, that I believe is racial vilifying me then it is without question racist?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2015, 11:41:43 AM »

Are you a minority?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:37:07 PM by WilliamPowell »