Author Topic: Adam Goodes Booing  (Read 60707 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adam Goodes Booing
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2019, 10:58:09 AM »
LMAO at people who refuse to watch the documentary.

Keep sticking your fingers in your ears and don't let facts get in the way of your pre existing bias.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2019, 11:27:32 AM »
I haven't watched it because I rarely watch TV and I'm not wasting 30-90 minutes (however long it is) of my life to watch a bunch of virtue signaling wankers tell me what struggle is.

I have no doubt that plenty of people who booed Adam Goodes are racists, plenty of 'em. And a lot of them aren't. So basically, some are racist and some are not. There were several reasons for the stuff coming his way. Unfortunate situation but such is life. Should have never came to what it has but it's worked out oh so beautifully for Adam.

Bury the issue already.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2019, 11:47:33 AM »
I don't get a lot of time watching the screen but if I did and it was a choice between the Goodes doco and Pootang I know which would win out

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »
LMAO at people who refuse to watch the documentary.

Keep sticking your fingers in your ears and don't let facts get in the way of your pre existing bias.

Exactly.

I wanted to make an informed decision, and felt motivated to watch it largely out of respect for our indigenous population moreso than for Goodes himself. Glad I watched it.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2019, 12:36:04 PM »
I don't get a lot of time watching the screen but if I did and it was a choice between the Goodes doco and Pootang I know which would win out

Remember when we watched Family Ties every week before bed. I haven't watched TV regularly since those glory days
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2019, 01:08:41 PM »
 :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »

Remember when we watched Family Ties every week before bed. I haven't watched TV regularly since those glory days

I bet we've been together for a million years... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2019, 05:11:56 PM »
An Eddy Betts doco would be FAR more interesting

He’s put up with racial slurs and handled it like a legend .. dare I say, as a hero

Australia has gone stupidly soft, almost as soft as Bellis running with the flight of the ball

If I said I was going to boycott the footy until the next Anglo Saxon Male Round, I would never go again

It’s a great time to be a woman or part of a minority group in Australia

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2019, 06:25:27 PM »
I watched it.

It was ruined by ads every 5 mins, broke the continuity and at times the message. Found it disappointing with some of what was clearly selective editing around certain comments made by certain people.

Yes in places it was confronting. It was also sad.

However, was super impressed with Stan Grant, who made total sense with his comments

For anyone who may be interested, there is a 2nd doco that Good as actually contributes to. Think that will be very interestingperhaps even mpre interesting that this 1st one

An Eddy Betts doco would be FAR more interesting
Yep would be a ripper

It’s a great time to be a woman ......in Australia

I know I'm going to cop it for asking but how so exactly?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »
I watched it.

It was ruined by ads every 5 mins, broke the continuity and at times the message. Found it disappointing with some of what was clearly selective editing around certain comments made by certain people.

However, was super impressed with Stan Grant, who made total sense with his comments

For anyone who may be interested, there is a 2nd doco that Good as actually contributes to. Think that will be very interestingperhaps even mpre interesting that this 1st one

I will still opt for the pootang thanks

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: August 28, 2020, 11:35:58 AM »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2020, 02:45:42 PM »
 :shh

I watched it.

Stan Grant....lmao.....there's a reason Rob Sitch's character in Frontline was partially based on him... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.